Science Fiction, Violence, Blood and other Shit

Sammael Bard

Suit Up
Joined
Oct 19, 2013
Posts
5,177
Hello all,

I'm looking for an editor who's willing to go through my story and do a thorough grammatical edit. My major problem lies with word usage and technical grammar errors in a few places. Here are the particulars of my story:


  1. Genre is Science Fiction.
  2. Word Count is 34,900 words.
  3. Contains ample Action and Violence.
  4. There is no rape or Non-Consensual sex in this particular content. Only straight Hetero-Sex in two places.
  5. I work in .DOC format, nothing else will do.
  6. If you're familiar with track changes, that will be a great help.
  7. There is no time-frame, but I don't expect to live forever. So, if you can do the job within a specified time frame of your choice, I can, at the very least, stop worrying about my story.

Here's an excerpt from my story (I tend to use a lot of spaces, so it's probably appearing bigger than the limit):

I heard the distant shatter of glass, and then the unmistakable sound of her scream.

My parents were fighting again. Or my Dad was hitting Mom, to be more precise. I could hear his drunken yell and the unmistakable sound of flesh hitting flesh.

There wasn’t anything spectacular about my childhood. Mom worked her ass off, working multiple shifts to pay the bills and my tuition fees. Dad gambled the money away and spent the rest on drinking. Then he’d come back home and vent out his anger on Mom. She would resist, and he’d hit her.

He just needed an excuse.

My earliest memories were of my mother holding me as I slept. She’d sing a lullaby that was beautiful and haunting at the same time. It stuck with me throughout my life. I felt safe, warm and protected. I cherished those moments.

The memories started to fade as I grew older and almost gone as I witnessed my home breaking down in front of my eyes.

As soon as the clock struck eleven, she’d wake me up and send me to hide somewhere outside the house so that Dad couldn’t hit me.

I did not go far, but hid right behind our house in the wilderness. I’d sit down in the underbrush and listen closely, just in case my Dad went far enough and killed her. The other day, he almost came close, but the neighbour intervened before I could. My fist remained clenched the entire time. It was the only release for my anger.



If you're still interested, please read further:

I'll be glad if we click together and work as a team. I don't want you to babysit me. I'm looking to learn from my technical mistakes and become a better writer. I'll gladly do most of the edit myself, but there are still a few places I can miss.

I'm also looking to publish my future works, so if you're interested in working for me in the long-term, that would be a great help. I'll pay for any story that I publish outside Lit for a price. That is the far future, of course, but that's my long-term commitment. No problem if you're only interested in this draft. We can still work together for a short while.

Also, please specify if you have worked for anyone else, here or outside. That would be a great help for me. Post here or send me a Private Message. We'll take it from there.

Even if you aren't interested in editing, I hope you enjoyed the excerpt. ;)

Thanks for reading and considering my proposal.



Cheers!

Bard
 
I'm no longer looking for an editor for this story. Thanks for reading, and thanks to those volunteered. It is always appreciated.



Cheers!

Bard.
 
Back
Top