NAACP Says NYC Mayor Bloomberg’s Big Gulp Ban Is Racist…

Busybody

We are ALL BUSYBODY!

Banning Big Gulps is racist? — Who knew?

NEW YORK (AP) — Opponents of the city’s limit on the size of sugary drinks are raising questions of racial fairness alongside other complaints as the novel restriction faces a court test.

The NAACP’s New York state branch and the Hispanic Federation have joined beverage makers and sellers in trying to stop the rule from taking effect March 12. With a hearing set Wednesday, critics are attacking what they call an inconsistent and undemocratic regulation, while city officials and health experts defend it as a pioneering and proper move to fight obesity.

The issue is complex for the minority advocates, especially given obesity rates that are higher than average among blacks and Hispanics, according to the federal Centers for Disease Control. The groups say in court papers they’re concerned about the discrepancy, but the soda rule will unduly harm minority businesses and “freedom of choice in low-income communities.”

This RACISM shit

This EVERYTHING is FUCKING RACIST shit

Has got t FUCKING STOP!:mad:

fro the CLULESS

Ver:rolleyes:

I finally saw this after being pissed off at you, fang. First of all that rape story was totally alien to your intro to bringing the soda ban issue up as a comparison. Second of all the soda ban "racist" issue is frickin old news. I read Crains NY headlines in a daily email. Third, if someone wants to make a soda ban into a racist issue, they're looney tunes. Lastly, next time you feel like going off on someone and basically begging them to call you a racist, pick on a real idiot. Your race card is getting old, along with Rory's. Geeze, you guys need to get a life and do some re-branding. :rolleyes:

PS Pm me and I'll give you some ideas on re-branding. :)

It is no more legitimate than the Justice Brothers...

It only represents Liberal African-Americans.

We Injuns get no love...

It is no more legitimate than the Justice Brothers...

It only represents Liberal African-Americans.

We Injuns get no love...

Any organization can run itself into the ground because of its leaders. I have no idea who the Justice Brothers are.

Banning Big Gulps is racist? — Who knew?

NEW YORK (AP) — Opponents of the city’s limit on the size of sugary drinks are raising questions of racial fairness alongside other complaints as the novel restriction faces a court test.

The NAACP’s New York state branch and the Hispanic Federation have joined beverage makers and sellers in trying to stop the rule from taking effect March 12. With a hearing set Wednesday, critics are attacking what they call an inconsistent and undemocratic regulation, while city officials and health experts defend it as a pioneering and proper move to fight obesity.

The issue is complex for the minority advocates, especially given obesity rates that are higher than average among blacks and Hispanics, according to the federal Centers for Disease Control. The groups say in court papers they’re concerned about the discrepancy, but the soda rule will unduly harm minority businesses and “freedom of choice in low-income communities.”

This makes me physically ill.
Like seriously? Racist?
Stupid.
Just stupid.

(You know~ because poor blacks and Hispanic peoples have to be told that they should be allowed to drink ALL the soda they want and damn their cholesterol, blood pressure or that pesky diabetes just waiting to pounce on 'em. And hell, we definitely don't want them to spend their benefits~if they receive any~ on drinks that are more healthy. Think of all the minority owned stores that will be RUN out of BUSINESS if they can not sell humongous ass cups of friggin' soda!)

Any organization can run itself into the ground because of its leaders. I have no idea who the Justice Brothers are.

The Rev'runds Al and Jesse...

104_1000.jpg

I wish that I was Jessie’s Girl!

PS - It is not its leadership, it is its philosophy that guarantees it to become so out-of-touch-with-the-people-it-represents stupid...

It is but a shadow of our government.

Is 'shadow' a dog-whistle?

I saw a headline, Bringing Back the Turbine Car...

I would prefer they bring back the Touring Car, but who the hell am I? Hickey?

I read a great story a few months ago about a very obscure steam car. It had amazing power figures for the time and would pull stumps.

Or Gumps.

1199_594175140609644_280073027_n.jpg

I'm too sexy for this thread, to sexy for Milan, too sexy to reply...

I'm on the cat-walk, I'm on the cat-walk and I do my turn...

The Rev'runds Al and Jesse...

104_1000.jpg

I wish that I was Jessie’s Girl!

oh.. Al and Jesse. Can't say much about them other than I've watched Al a couple of times on his show and thought he needs to retire. Jesse pops up in the news when he needs attention.

I used to be a flat tappet type, but I am becoming a hydraulic roller kind of guy

You and 4est make a good Frick and Frack. And I mean that in a positive way. :)

You and 4est make a good Frick and Frack. And I mean that in a positive way. :)

Well, thank you. That's nice of you to say. We have been playing together for years.

The angry humorless ones will likely be along directly to accuse us of Wanton Buggery and/or Conservative Concrete Brain Syndrome or whatever else they can come up with.

Cat haters, they are. How can you hate small furry adorable kittehs???

196405_422464467835790_313447644_n.jpg

That's fucking priceless...

... of course, some will see the child cruelty of not putting him into a helmet, elbow pads, knee pads, mouth piece, cup, safety goggles, sunscreen, deer-hunter orange...,

Well, thank you. That's nice of you to say. We have been playing together for years.

The angry humorless ones will likely be along directly to accuse us of Wanton Buggery and/or Conservative Concrete Brain Syndrome or whatever else they can come up with.

Cat haters, they are. How can you hate small furry adorable kittehs???

196405_422464467835790_313447644_n.jpg

I know what you mean about angry humorless ones. Nice pic. Made me laugh. A little redneck innovation it looks like. :)

I know what you mean about angry humorless ones. Nice pic. Made me laugh. A little redneck innovation it looks like. :)

Just bash them back. It's the internet, so it's not like any kittens are getting stomped on.

By any means at one's disposal.

558452_422462701169300_2131115804_n.jpg

Back