Feedback request: Galatea Unleashed form question

S

SomaSlave

Guest
I'm in the midst of Galatea Unleashed, chapter 3. A large part of this chapter is introducing Galatea to the rules and inspirations for his transformation. I have an idea for this that I'd like to run by the fine folks here.

In the story, Sir Stephen is referring Galatea to several documents and a Pinterest board containing rules and ideas for behavior. He's also requiring Galatea to fill out a journal daily with his reflections on his journey. As a research tool for this part of the story, I've created Google Docs and a Pinterest board with the rules and some pins that will help Galatea. Rather than repeating those, I'm thinking about providing a link to readers who may be interested in following along in more detail (I only plan to quote a few of the rules in the story, to avoid boredom).

I'd like your thoughts on that: would this help with the verisimilitude of the story? Is it overkill? Too much of a gimmick?

Thanks for your thoughts,
Soma
 
Literotica frowns on links to sites other within the Literotica page. In all likelihood, a submission (story) with a link to a googledoc would be rejected before posting.

Despite this idea having merit, I think it is doomed from the start by site policy.
 
Just to shortcut this, you CAN put a link on your author page, but if you mention that link in your story to shortcut the rule about no offsite links within stories, the story will likely still get rejected on submission.

It feels like the sort of thing that you could find a workaround for if you were super crafty, but at that point it might be easier to find a way to explain it within the story.
 
No links in the story....

...but I'm thinking of, perhaps, adding a note at the beginning of the story mentioning that links to the documents in question would be available on request (via the Contact the Author button). Do you think that would pass muster with the Literotica admins?

I can see I need to take a closer look at the Literotica posting guidelines, as I don't want to do anything against the rules, either deliberately or inadvertently.
 
I think that would probably still get you rejected for trying to subvert Lit rules. Ordinarily, I would say to PM Laurel on the forum and see if she will tell you what the best way to approach this is, but she has been quiet of late and I think you might not get an answer.
 
I'd like your thoughts on that: would this help with the verisimilitude of the story? Is it overkill? Too much of a gimmick?
I for one wouldn't bother going elsewhere to find additional content relating to a story - sounds like a gimmick to me. But I'm just one voice. Some folk might dig it.

8letters tried something vaguely similar when he set up a writer's blog (accessible from his front page but not from any of his stories) where he provided lengthy background notes to some of his stories. He was disappointed, I think, from the lack of interest. He then brought some of the content here to the Feedback Forum, but again, folk read them but didn't engage much.

But his aim was more writer engagement, your aim is more character engagement, and a more complete built world. I'd be putting the effort into the story, I reckon - a work of fiction probably should stand or fall on its own two feet.

Regardless, you won't be able to put any links to any other site in a story. You could, I suppose, put any extra written content into another story and ask Laurel to link the two stories together (that's been done). But it seems like a lot of faffing about for possibly not much interest.
 
Thanks, everyone, for your input. I've sent a PM to Laurel for her advice. It sounds like it may not be doable, which is fine. I appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions.
 
Back
Top