What Makes a Great WW/BM Interrracial Story?

AlexD2018

Really Experienced
Joined
Nov 19, 2018
Posts
141
I really enjoy the interracial genre of erotica and porn (only WW/BM - white woman : black man), and am keen to write an interracial story for this site. Before I begi it I thought I’d ask the experienced Literotica community what makes for a good and sexy (that’s important!) interracial erotic story. I know there’s the staples: the innocent virginial white girl, the air-headed bimbo, or university slut type with the huge black athlete or bad boy. And I do lurk those tropes and might use them or might not. What do you look for in an interracial story and what scenarios or characters would you like to read about?
 
Conflict, character development

If I were you, I would ignore the tropes and stereotypes and try for something honest. Start with developing interesting characters (even women with giant breasts or men with gargantuan dicks have issues and talents, right?), drop them into a situation that's outside their comfort zone and see what happens. Maybe the man's secretly a science geek? Maybe she is too? And perhaps they wind up as lab partners, and after a super awkward conversation after they nearly set the lab on fire, the athlete and the model get to express and explore who they really are, maybe for the first time in their lives. And it all happens within the framework of two people reaching for the alien shore, as the great band Rush would say.
Or something.
Whatever you do, stretch. Don't settle for ordinary.
Best wishes!
 
...I do lurk those tropes and might use them or might not. What do you look for in an interracial story and what scenarios or characters would you like to read about?
I am likely not your target audience. I prefer chromatic 'multiracial' to black-n-white 'interracial'. I admire stories that twist and subvert stereotypes. But, as suggested, write what YOU want, not what other authors want. Do your thang.
 
If I were you, I would ignore the tropes and stereotypes and try for something honest.

I’d agree with vanmyers on this one, but that’s my opinion. Stereotypes are a dime a dozen on this site and I think in order to stand out doing something different is necessary.

However, regardless of the route you choose I think that the juxtaposition of visuals is what I find most stunning when I watch interracial pairings. It takes some doing to accomplish it, but capturing the rich, lush brown skin contrasted with creamy paleness in text is what I appreciate the most.
 
Agreed that the visuals are one of the most captivating parts of such stories! Every time I have dated someone of another race in real life, the difference between our skin tones been a source of delight and conversation for us both.
I guess it comes down to whether you're looking to write a quick sex scene or tell the larger story of two distinct and imperfect individuals. I prefer a story, myself. But I understand not everyone feels that way or has that goal.
 
I'm actually interested in seeing how such a relationship would work in a erotic sense. Because of the dynamics and social matters or issues taht such a relationship would have. I admit I have some weird fantasies about it but it would be interresting to read.
 
Depends. Are you writing for YOU, or that audience?

If you really enjoy tropes, write tropes. Hell lean into them.

Or are you looking to subvert expectations? Turn the tropes and stereotypes on their heads?

Are you looking to write an introspective piece that dissects the racism and "taboo" aspects of it, or just a simple Spank Story? (And there's nothing wrong with that)

Write what works for you. The readers who enjoy that kind of thing will find it.
 
A bisexual male Hispanic roomate and three really cute (eastern) Indian sisters (all over 18 naturally) and of course a cameo by Wes Studi.
 
Two answers
The serious writing answer....the same that makes any other story great. The characters, the storyline, the erotic parts...
The Lit answer....racist tropes pushed down the reader's throat until they choke on them.
 
Two answers
The serious writing answer....the same that makes any other story great. The characters, the storyline, the erotic parts...
The Lit answer....racist tropes pushed down the reader's throat until they choke on them.
We don't get the "thing" about "incest" the same way we don't get the "thing" about "interracial" or "mature." It's like: "oh my the son of the chambermaid and the daughter of the head of the mercantile bank are engaged...can you believe it?"
 
Two answers
The serious writing answer....the same that makes any other story great. The characters, the storyline, the erotic parts...
The Lit answer....racist tropes pushed down the reader's throat until they choke on them.
The literary answer: Shakespeare did pretty well with "Othello." He was actually a Moor, but has historically been played as a black man.
 
The literary answer: Shakespeare did pretty well with "Othello." He was actually a Moor, but has historically been played as a black man.
The Costner Robin Hood featured Morgan Freeman as a Moor so I guess that portrayal stuck.
 
We don't get the "thing" about "incest" the same way we don't get the "thing" about "interracial" or "mature." It's like: "oh my the son of the chambermaid and the daughter of the head of the mercantile bank are engaged...can you believe it?"
The inherent problem with erotica when you're dealing with one kink is that kink has to be driven home because its what the reader is there for and its a fine line between paying homage to some expected tropes to give the junkie their fix so to speak but without going so far it borders on parody in some cases, offensive in others. For me, IR in visual porn is erotic, the contrast in skin tone is what I find sexy about it. If they open their mouths and start slinging stupid shit about being a black cock whore or BBC being mentioned every ten seconds, or the guy acting like a thug and the woman seen as trashy because she's with him, I click off. In written form all that crap behavior seems magnified.

The best interracial scenes I've read in erotica have been in e-books where the characters just happen to be different ethnicities, getting together for a hot time without the incessant mention of color, because the reader knows and can envision it, and do I need to pound it into them? No, and that's the style I've adopted in my own work.

My aversion to the standard IR crap here has led me to make it a point to never write a hotwife story where the other man is black because I won't go down the rabbit hole of demeaning everyone involved which is what the sleazebags over there eat up so that can get angry.

I had another author ask if I didn't write that material because I was a closet racist. My reply was, no, its because I'm not one. They didn't understand and its just not worth explaining to people who have no interest in trying to understand. They can think what they want.
 
My two cents. This is another one of those categories people unnecessarily get the vapors about.

It's an attitude I simply do not understand among people who write erotica. To a huge swath of people out there, EVERYTHING we do here is offensive and rotten and evil. F' em, I say. But F' the people who keep judging others for their fantasies, period.

If you bother to spend a little time surfing the web, especially fetishy web sites, you'll see there's a huge appetite among white women, black men, and white men for stories about strong, dominating black men having their way with white women. And we're not just talking about racist crackers. We're talking about people of every education level and every demographic. If you don't know that, it's because you haven't looked. You are letting your biases get in the way of seeing the truth.

My attitude about these stories: OK. Fine. So?

Does anyone really think these stories encourage and promote racial discrimination "out there" in the real world? I don't. They're fantasy stories, just like rape stories and incest stories and pee stories.

My personal take on this. to satisfy my personal reading and writing tastes, is that I'd like to see more stories play with, but subvert, the stereotypes. I'm working on a story like that, but it's tricky. It's not easy to do. But if you just enjoy stories that double down on the basic fantasy, don't feel guilty. Write the story you want. My attitude is this should be a guilt-free zone.
 
Back
Top