The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 03: Come On In

Good morning to the world's creative people!

And a belated welcome, Gabriel.

Large black, please, Tex.
 
Morning all. Fresh coffee for the nooner crowd.

I'm running late this morning. Actually, I was up late, so I slept in. Lazy Saturday mornings are good for you. Especially when the cuddling is so nice.

Bacon, eggs, and toast for breakfast.

I was going to do yard work today but the rain we had yesterday and last night has the yard soggy. Since the sun is trying to peek out, I think some time naked on the sundeck is in order. HM & HG agree so... :)
 
Maybe I'll put a burger on the grill today.

I'm cheating. A&W on my way home with the shopping after a 4am drive to the airlines port. I feel a nap in the shade coming on coz it's warm and sunny today.
 
I irrigated this morning, did some beta reading, and took a trip to the local greenhouse. I have basil and parsley to plant. The petulaca (portulaca) pot is set out to start growing back from last years seeds. I picked up some of the hyacinth bulbs and they're hanging by the sink to dry.

Still to do: replace the shade fabric over the tomato plants, put the chiminea away for the summer, and get the patio table out of its hiding place.

The dahlias will be ready to plant as soon as I turn their bed again, and the third flight of gladiolus will go in tomorrow.

The lavender and the roses are flowering. Spring is getting along, but still with no measurable rain. Temps will reach 80 today, 85 tomorrow, and 90 for Monday and Tuesday.
 
I'm cheating. A&W on my way home with the shopping after a 4am drive to the airlines port. I feel a nap in the shade coming on coz it's warm and sunny today.

We don't have any type of fast food/burger places here.

I was hoping to grill chicken tomorrow but I hear rain is coming in, so it will depend on whether I can get it in between the rain drops.

Afternoon coffee.

Grilled chicken sounds good.
 
We've enjoyed really warm sunshine today.
High above the traffic jam, I heard the sound of a Merlin Engine.

But now? Tea.
 
We don't have any type of fast food/burger places here

I try and avoid them normally but being on my own for a week I just decided to succumb to temptation and do junk food. It was nice but for tonite I'm cooking ... probably some ribs with rice.
 
It's almost 10 PM and I just opened the bedroom window to let it cool off in there. That, of course, is very interesting for the cats.
 
It has been a leisurely, lazy day. Spent time on the sundeck and even got some writing in, which was interrupted by applications of tanning oil. My tan is not bad, HM's tan is so-so, HG's tan is neon, glow in the dark, white. So guess who got most of the oiling up or is that down.

Home made sloppy joe's for supper and then a movie or two.

Fresh coffee for the late night crowd.
 
Coffee ??
Oh goody; just the job.
We got bright sunshine here, with a very gentle breeze. (+23C)
 
Happy Waffle Day! I found a great paleo waffle mix, really crispy, so until further notice, it is waffles on Sunday. :D
 
Also, Huddle House (not Waffle House) used to have the best waffles! IHOP works in a pinch - the Belgian waffles. With milk. And strawberries. And I'm hungry now.
 
I'm catching my breath for just a moment before ripping some studs down to size.

It was a ham, mushroom and cheddar omelet for me, then right to the outdoor labors before it gets too hot out. I'm going to have to pull my shirt off at some point today and even out my farmer's tan a little. I can't do that for long, though. The UV index today is thirteen on a scale to fifteen.
 
Been sorting, cleaning, and clearing out. Time to make lunch - buffalo chicken meatballs. Then more cleaning and sorting. Going to fill the trunk to take to the Salvo. :D I love a neat and orderly home but it is hard to achieve with a child.
 
Someone. And I'm not naming names. Nor I'm I going to say which capital letters of the alphabet their username has in it. Anyway, that someone keeps mentioning food and I got the munchies. Just saying.
 
Been sorting, cleaning, and clearing out. Time to make lunch - buffalo chicken meatballs. Then more cleaning and sorting. Going to fill the trunk to take to the Salvo. :D I love a neat and orderly home but it is hard to achieve with a child.

Mags, you REALLY would not like my house.
This is [only] partly because of the distance from my place to the salvage yard, :rose:

Someone. And I'm not naming names. Nor I'm I going to say which capital letters of the alphabet their username has in it. Anyway, that someone keeps mentioning food and I got the munchies. Just saying.

Do what I do, and log in AFTER the meal.
 
Waffles, check.

Ripping up studs. Now there is a plot bunny lurking.

Putting child in truck keeps house clean. Check.

Coffee is good for the munchies, or so I'm told.

Speaking of which, fresh coffee for the early afternooner crowd.
 
Back
Top