Writing Goal for the Day?

Today, I'll be happy to get the last 4 written chapters of "Time's Changes" posted to my archive. If I also get a chapter or two of "The Perfect Gift" posted, I'll be thrilled! :D

I've found a little time to work on the Summer Loving stories over the last few days. Hope to find more in the near future.

The latest book is due out the second week of August. I'm glad this one is done. A lot of editing went into it but it is much better for the effort.

Added todays spurt to the mix. Poor Ethel is on the expressway, in the rain, in the dark, with a UPS truck beside her spraying water and overwhelming her wipers, and a Texas pickup behind her, brights on, laying on his horn to speed her up. Sinuses draining, her tissues soaked, the liquid snot flows over her lips and down her chin.

Added todays spurt to the mix. Poor Ethel is on the expressway, in the rain, in the dark, with a UPS truck beside her spraying water and overwhelming her wipers, and a Texas pickup behind her, brights on, laying on his horn to speed her up. Sinuses draining, her tissues soaked, the liquid snot flows over her lips and down her chin.

You're writing a Romance story, I see. Is this where Ethel strips off her Granny Panties and waves them out the window in surrender? The suspense is overwhelming, Jimmy.:D

Today was supposed to be a nice day of working from home, meaning my commute time could be spent on other things, like writing.

This morning, though, I woke up to find that my boss had scheduled a meeting consisting of a slideshow of 263 pictures from his family vacation in Iceland (and a brief office update to make sure everyone shows up, but which will probably just be a five minute preen-fest). So there goes my commute time fun, and there goes getting my actual work done, since instead, I'll be looking at puffins and glaciers.

Fucker.

Post the remaining 9 chapters of "The Perfect Gift" at AFC Stories is my goal for the day, then I can start working on "Return of the Champion" again. :D

Got anuther bit of writing done today. Ethel has a flat tire in the rain. Tomorrow her car slips off the jack, and when no one stops to help, she hasta walk miles thru a state forest to get to civilization.

Got them posted, but found out one of the files was corrupted, so I have to rewrite that chapter. :( It could be worse I guess.

However, I'm saving writing that chapter for after I complete the first chapter for "Return of the Champion", as ideas for it are buggin' the hell outta me!

Struggling with the usual conflict of ideas vs. time to write them. Doesn't help when Mr Penn says it will be a rough couple of months at work for him... sigh. Well, I'll figure something out.

I am/will be busy today. Trying to get both a final review before publishing of a pen name mystery back to the publisher and the final review of a habu GM anthology back to the publisher before I leave for the Legg-Mason U.S. Open feeder tournament in D.C. this weekend. I also have eight more Christmas cards to paint by the end of the month and I'm off to Richmond this evening to read at a writers' gathering.

One Summer Contest story about in the bag and an idea for a down and dirty one lurking in the back of my mind.

Two more under construction but one looks like it will be a novel. :rolleyes:

Up early today. Advanced my tale a tidge. The plan was for Ethel to change the tire on her car, but what I did was lock her outta the car, and start the rain up again. She's parked along a dark, desolate rural road no one has used for the hours she's been there. Good place to stop.

JBJ's meanderings got me to thinking about a story. I tried my damnedest to put it off but it wouldn't go away. Now I'm 3000 words and 9 pages into it. :rolleyes:

So far so good but I'm thinking more mainstream than Lit.

I think I'll get a couple of chapters done and send it to my editor to see what she thinks. I trust her judgement more than my own.

Trying to finish writing and editing a too-long report for work, and am obviously procrastinating. A minion started the thing (and took forever), and I'm beginning to think it would have been faster and easier if I'd just written the damn thing myself. I've never seen so much passive voice and disorganization--it's a sea of track changes. :mad:

I'm going to carve out some lit writing time tomorrow afternoon. It's been a while.

Up early today. Advanced my tale a tidge. The plan was for Ethel to change the tire on her car, but what I did was lock her outta the car, and start the rain up again. She's parked along a dark, desolate rural road no one has used for the hours she's been there. Good place to stop.

Hold on. Several posts up Ethel was on an expressway with trucks spraying her "overwhelmed" wipers.

Then she was by the side of the rode and no one who passed would help.

Now she's on a desolate road? She couldn't drive from the expressway to a desolate road on a flat. How'd she get there?

Continuity James!

Hold on. Several posts up Ethel was on an expressway with trucks spraying her "overwhelmed" wipers.

Then she was by the side of the rode and no one who passed would help.

Now she's on a desolate road? She couldn't drive from the expressway to a desolate road on a flat. How'd she get there?

Continuity James!

Geez, LC, get with the program. The answer is obvious: Ethel's best friend Lucy sent her on some sort of crazy escapade, which left her stranded on the expressway. Then Lucy came to pick her up, but they got lost and ended up on the side of the road (locked out of the car in the rain) as they tried to figure out a way to make Ricky put Lucy on his variety show. Next, they'll end up working at a factory, stuffing their mouths (with chocolate--we're keeping this clean!) to keep up with the production line.

Or something like that.

Geez, LC, get with the program. The answer is obvious: Ethel's best friend Lucy sent her on some sort of crazy escapade, which left her stranded on the expressway. Then Lucy came to pick her up, but they got lost and ended up on the side of the road (locked out of the car in the rain) as they tried to figure out a way to make Ricky put Lucy on his variety show. Next, they'll end up working at a factory, stuffing their mouths (with chocolate--we're keeping this clean!) to keep up with the production line.

Or something like that.

Who told you about Lucy? Lucky guess.

Or something like that.

And it ends like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZlLQLFq_H4

LOL!

Though let's not forget that while poor Ricky might be playing his bongos and shaking his maracas all the time, he has to do so alone in his single bed. :(

Things have come along way since then. can you imagine what someone back then would think of a Lady Ga-ga video?

Todays installment is done. Shirley Smoot (a guy) welcomes a new client to his therapy practice. The kid is a school referral with no clear issues noted on the referral form. Kid and mom seem normal enough, but thats a rush to judgment!

I will try to write something. :) I've got my notebook to jot things down while I take PennGirl to story time and ideas so perhaps I'll try to get some of them down.

I've got two stories open right now but I'm just not feeling either one at the present. :rolleyes:

Back