Dear X:

*hugs Lynn anyway*

--

Dear Dad:

How. Fucking. Dare. You.

Do ALL your colleagues now know I'm having a mental breakdown? As well as your NEIGHBOUR?! I don't CARE if he's a damn shrink, you do NOT go blabbing your mouth about MY health, that's MY job and you ask ME if you want to speak about it.

Even if you did it with good intentions, I have to face these people.

For fucks sake Dad, I knew you weren't very empathic but this takes the freakin biscuit.

Me

PS: Ok, your boss sending me flowers was a bit freaky, but I do appreciate the sentiment and I will send him a thank you note. And I didn't mind you telling him I was in hospital, but a blow by blow to him? Too much.

Dear Architect,

I do not need you in the office to get this work done. I am perfectly capable of transcribing these drawings into the computer on my own. I do not need, or want you lurking over my shoulder telling me that what I am doing is wrong. I have been computer drafting for over 20 years, thirteen of them professionally. this is not just what I am good at, it is what I am best at. Not only is it my best skill, but I am one of the most skilled draftsmen in the area. I am ashamed at some of the drawings that come through my office. I know I could do (and have done) better. Your criticisms are ignorant most times, and downright rude at others.

I also don't need you complaining about the mess that my office is. That will never change. That is just what kind of a person I am.

If this persists, I am just going to up and quit one of these days, which will be incredibly awkward seeing as how I don't work directly for you in the first place. When you are around I am just too tempted to shut off the computer, put on my coat, jump into my car, and drive the fuck away, as far away as I can get in a day, just to get away. Please just stay the fuck away!

(when did I become Dr Suess?)

Sincerely,

The asshole that wants to punch you in the back of your head but doesn't because you are an old man that would die if I did.

*hugs for JustLegal* :rose:
And more from me, Helen.

--------------------------------------------

Dear Richard Branson,

I'm confident that your business plans read well for investors and corporate funders, but I thought I'd write to suggest that maybe it would be a good idea to put your customers just a tad higher on your list of priorities, after all, it's actually us who buy your meals (you have to pay the others back).

You - under the brand name Virgin - recently bought out the folk who'd bought out the folk who'd bought out (4 or 5 levels, I think) the cable ISP I originally signed up with. I didn't mind the previous buy-outs as although the support services got a tad worse each time, I didn't need them much - and the service itself kept improving.

Then came Virgin.

The service itself went to hell in a hand cart. Frequent gaps in connectivity - and all too often it came back with a different IP number (you wouldn't let me pay for a static IP) so I had to update the DNS on the websites I serve. (Please remember that the terms and conditions for each owner - including yourself - have never suggested that serving websites was inappropriate, so I do.)

On top of that, you decided to charge for 'support' calls, so that if I wanted to let you know that your server had gone down - again - I had to pay to do so.

OK, I thought, it seems that Dick wants me to be a 'business' customer; private ones don't usually want to know about DNS and such and may well be adequately served by 'support agents' who think their only role is to ensure I can use email and surf the Web.

So I switched.

With hind sight, I'm staggered that it took 3 months to do - and that it took even longer after that for the relevant arms of your empire to get the resultant billing right.

Since I did change, the connectivity has been spot on. Good marks for that (but why isn't the 'Home' service just as reliable - it was under previous ownership).

The 'support' line is at least free again. The folk dealing with accounting contradict each other, but at least, not at my expense.

Technically - as above - the service has been perfect, but I can't remember any of the options on those mechanised phone menus being relevant to: "How do I handle this problem under Linux?" I really do hope that when I do, I get through to a techie who really knows his or her stuff (under the 'Home' scheme the only one I felt really knew what she was talking about was a woman).

It has taken half a year to get properly sorted - I set the ball rolling last September and now it's March.

That really isn't good enough.

Yours,

Grateful for small mercies,

Dear C.

You have no right to be mad at me. You're the one who quit his job. I, on the other hand, have every right to be angry.

Your not so happy wife.

Dear Dad,

You're dying. I've know for a while this was imminent, but tonight I saw it in your eyes, the ones that look so much like mine. After taking care of you for so long, and then, when I could no longer do it myself, placing you in the facility that can do so much more for you, I have been preparing myself for this moment for months. What I was not prepared for, were the tears.

I thought after years of hearing you criticize everything I do... I couldn't cry for you.

I thought after watching my mother suffer and die, while you offered her no support or even showed you cared until it was too late... I couldn't feel for you.

I thought after learning things about you and the level of evil and depravity to which you could sink... I couldn't stand to look at you.

So why, tonight, did I look at you, feel for you, and cry for you?

Were the tears about losing you, or about the loss of something I will never have?

I thought I would feel relief... but I just feel lost.

Last edited:
Dear Sweetness;

You're human. You have a heart.

Painful though it may be, enjoy it, and never lose it.

Feeling pain has its own rewards.

Dear Butthead,

Yes, I'm sure I'm responsible for the war in Iraq, the starving children in those commercials, the shitty weather, and the fact that you hate your job, but I absolutely will not accept responsibility for the network card in my PC dying. Damn it, I can't do everything!

You dumb motherfucker...don't even know what a network card is, much less how to install one.

Tell you what: you keep on welding, and that kind of shit, and I'll deal with anything remotely high tech, since you're baffled by a coaxial cable.

:rolleyes:

Cloudy

Dear Dad,

You're dying. I've know for a while this was imminent, but tonight I saw it in your eyes, the ones that look so much like mine. After taking care of you for so long, and then, when I could no longer do it myself, placing you in the facility that can do so much more for you, I have been preparing myself for this moment for months. What I was not prepared for, were the tears.

I thought after years of hearing you criticize everything I do... I couldn't cry for you.

I thought after watching my mother suffer and die, while you offered her no support or even showed you cared until it was too late... I couldn't feel for you.

I thought after learning things about you and the level of evil and depravity to which you could sink... I couldn't stand to look at you.

Were the tears about losing you, or about the loss of something I will never have?

* Gentle Hugs * :rose:

Dear Dad,

:rose:

I'm available if you need a shoulder.

Dear Dad,

*hugs*

Take care

To the wanker sending me the text messages

Fuck right off
Leave me alone
Leave my daughter alone
Get a fucking life.
Grow some balls and tell me who you are and what the fuck i did to deserve this hate!

CINN

Back