PM asshattery

I probably might have answered this guy if I were into PM's with people I didn't know.

I am humbly seeking the company of others to keep awake as I pull a 12hr shift.
May I have the privilege of your company?

Manners and propriety. Wow. Pretty slick!
 
Also should mention that as you can see- I'm more of a lurker then a poster, but even I've received a few pm's!

heres one:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey there! How are you? I'm (name), (age), (residence)- brown hair, blue eyes 6'0 and fit. I love run, be outside, read, have fun with friends, sex, and I have quite the sarcastic streak. My friends have no idea how horny or kinky I am. I would love to chat and have some fun, what are you up to? Hope to hear from you soon."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not nasty or anything, but definitely trolling. I bet a lot of women got the same one. Of course he had absolutely NO posts on the forum at all.

This is the one I get most frequently. When I first began receiving them, I immediately blocked the sender and deleted the PM. After having at least 4 of his alts on my blocked list, I started sending back rebukes, errr, messages. :eek: He never responded to any of them - just changed his name and sent it again.

This thread is hilarious!
 
i'd like to point out that just cuz someone PMed you, it doesn't entitle them to a response.

ed

Absolutely! I usually get at least half a dozen unsolicited PMs daily. Of course, I could take a page from their book and copy/paste an umbrella, one size fits all slapdown, but it's been my experience that that just encourages them. Gotta love that delete button!
 
This is the one I get most frequently. When I first began receiving them, I immediately blocked the sender and deleted the PM. After having at least 4 of his alts on my blocked list, I started sending back rebukes, errr, messages. :eek: He never responded to any of them - just changed his name and sent it again.

This thread is hilarious!

I have received this one 3 times too. Got to give him this, if nothing else, he's persistent, not overly creative, but persistent.
 
ok ladies

if its me your talking about(lol) im sorry ive offended you and if its not come on guys get real!!!!:)
 
I have received this one 3 times too. Got to give him this, if nothing else, he's persistent, not overly creative, but persistent.

Not overly creative? I'd say if his creativity were ranked on a scale of 1-10, he'd be somewhere in the vicinity of -42. :rolleyes: I will give him bonus points for persistence but not enough to put him back in the plus column.

surely having any kind of pm is a form of flattery as well

Sorry, but I disagree. When it's very obviously a copy/paste job, you just KNOW that person has sent that exact same PM to at least a few hundred people. I'd even be surprised if all of them were female. Sorry, I don't consider that flattering at all.

if its me your talking about(lol) im sorry ive offended you and if its not come on guys get real!!!!:)

I don't think it's you. He doesn't seem to be creative enough to change his alt to anything more than his location, name, and random numbers. Unless, of course, you have a few dozen alts and a macro program. :D
 
surely having any kind of pm is a form of flattery as well
Um, no. You don't get to tell women how they should feel about getting unsolicited sexual messages from Two-Post Tony, just like you don't get to tell women that they shouldn't be offended when you and other lint-lickers ogle their tits.

And spare me the "but this is a porn board" nonsense.
 
Um, no. You don't get to tell women how they should feel about getting unsolicited sexual messages from Two-Post Tony, just like you don't get to tell women that they shouldn't be offended when you and other lint-lickers ogle their tits.

And spare me the "but this is a porn board" nonsense.

How about the "she was asking for it" nonsense? "Did you see what her avatar was wearing"?
 
surely having any kind of pm is a form of flattery as well

Ahahahahahahahahaaaaaa!!



...oh wait, you were serious?

:rolleyes:

Yeah. Getting sexuall harassed is REALLY flattering. Really shows me how objectified I can be as a woman. That's always nice, being reduced to a pair of tits instead of appreciated as a HUMAN BEING.
 
Scarily intense hair-loving man said:
Hello,

I saw your profile and I think youhvae beautifully hair. If I paid for the postage, would you send me some?

This is outside the bounds of normal, even for Lit, right? RIGHT?! :(
 
I haven't had many souvenir-seekers myself, so I hope they're rare on lit. If you haven't already deleted the PM, you can click on his user name and put him on 'ignore' - his PMs to you won't be delivered, nor will you see threads that he's made.
 
Minx *heavy breathing* I am your FATHER *heavy breathing*

Arrogant Overly Paternal Asshat said:
Hi there, REAL (location removed to protect the asshat) daddy here 45...experienced...and seeking a new lil baby girl to be my sweet daughter....you up to it?

Everyone knows if you put something in capital letters it proves how, well, capitalized it is.:rolleyes:

I was adopted. . . maybe he REALLY is my daddy! The fact that he's only 2 years older than I am could be a problem. . .

I think I may be inadequate in this scenario and not up to it, or maybe I'm up to it, and just not even REMOTELY interested in it. Yep, I think that might be the case.
 
shewantsmore queried:
surely having any kind of pm is a form of flattery as well
completely wrong.

tell me: is it flattery when you see yet another email subject with some form of the word "viagra" in it? is it flattery when at 6:17 pm your phone rings and the caller ID says "unknown"? when you receive a message from the diplomatic offices of the nigerian embassy, is that flattery?

no, it absolutely is not.

PM asshattery is random & indiscriminate spamming. this is why it annoys people so.

if you do not realize this, you need to understand this is how it's viewed. its senders are viewed in the same way.

and you should probably stop sending quite so many unsolicited PMs.

ed
 
Shit, I didn't even look honestly.

The asshat that harrasses me always starts his PMs the same:

"May I ask, respectfully, if you find (insert pic) erotic?"

I rarely do.

I keep hoping for some originality from him, but it's always the same. B O R I N G!
 
I guess this thread made me think of this one.

Very early on when I joined Lit, some guy posted a Personal (some great material there) soliciting other guys to come out to Las Vegas to have at his wife. His plan was to get her drunk (no, it wasn't her brother) and have a bunch of guys do her. :rolleyes:

Naturally, it got the predictable response - both serious and from people like me. Except he thought I was serious and sent me a PM with the dates. :D
 
Mostly just been getting general "Hello I'm Such n Such and enjoy so-n-so, do you want to chat?" or "Here's an erotic story (which is fucking terrible) let me know how wet you are after reading it" ones.

Nothing out of the ordinary for a while...
 
Back
Top