The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if you are technically inclined, I recommend that you do build your own. But if you are by inclination, breeding, education, whathaveyou an artist or a humanist whose idea of a complicated but understandable mechanism is a M98 Mauser bolt action, fuggedaboudit and just go buy one.

Building your own computer teaches you how everything works and how everything works together.

Back in the day when computers were sky high and the technology advanced daily, building your own was the only affordable way to keep up.

Taking it out of the box and plugging everything in counts as "building", right?

The woods are cold and my neck aches. How's it with you?

There's nothing wrong that being 20 years younger wouldn't cure.

Weathers been good but the job has been hell with screwed up equipment and very little help from the office. I'm close to heading over there with a baseball bat and see if I can get some cooperation out of them.

Other than that, life is a dream. :rolleyes:

Weathers been good but the job has been hell with screwed up equipment and very little help from the office. I'm close to heading over there with a baseball bat and see if I can get some cooperation out of them.

A ballbat can never change anything except your frustration level.

My great-grandmother had a recipe for that

2 cups of lemon ade
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 cups of brandy

Mix the first two ingredients together in a medium sauce pan. Over medium heat, bring to a boil then lower to low, simmer for 5 minutes. After the time is up...

Throw it out and drink the brandy. It won't fix a damn thing, but you won't care!

She was a smart Polish woman :D

A ballbat can never change anything except your frustration level.

Well, my frustration level went over the top about the time the junky ass printer decided it had a paper jam even with no paper in it. :rolleyes:

To make matters worse, this is the second printer of this type to have this problem in two jobs. They are old and worn out. The last time it took them a week to get another printer out here. It will print if you hand load a dozen sheets of paper at exactly the right time. :rolleyes:

We have been without the work Internet since we got here last Friday because they sent out a verizon aircard and an ATT antenna connector. Not to mention Verizon barely has a signal in the area even with the right antenna connection.

Just stupid shit that should have been addressed in the yard. Junk, junk, and more junk.

Ok, sorry about the rant, but I do feel a little better. :eek:

Well, my frustration level went over the top about the time the junky ass printer decided it had a paper jam even with no paper in it. :rolleyes:

To make matters worse, this is the second printer of this type to have this problem in two jobs. They are old and worn out. The last time it took them a week to get another printer out here. It will print if you hand load a dozen sheets of paper at exactly the right time. :rolleyes:

We have been without the work Internet since we got here last Friday because they sent out a verizon aircard and an ATT antenna connector. Not to mention Verizon barely has a signal in the area even with the right antenna connection.

Just stupid shit that should have been addressed in the yard. Junk, junk, and more junk.

I am mightily relieved to note that these problems are not limited to my world.
A bit of thought at the Office always speeds things along, but do they think of that ?
Nah . . .

A baseball bat might not help directly but it does a great deal to alert some silly B that there is a bit of a snag.

Welcome, Anna
Why thank you. :) I'm enjoying slowly getting into the party.

Taking it out of the box and plugging everything in counts as "building", right?
It works for me!

The woods are cold here too, although it's my shoulder that aches.

Sh-boom, sh-boom.

I never needed a baseball bat when I was in an office. However, I used to have a glare that could make men quake in their workboots. Shall I drag it out of mothballs for your benefit?

2 cups of lemon ade
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 cups of brandy

Mix the first two ingredients together in a medium sauce pan. Over medium heat, bring to a boil then lower to low, simmer for 5 minutes. After the time is up...

Throw it out and drink the brandy. It won't fix a damn thing, but you won't care!

I like the cinnamon. I'll have to add that to the recipe my mister uses, which is similar to this.

You're welcome, Anna

2 cups of lemon ade
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 cups of brandy

Can't I just go straight to the second step?

Well, as long as you feel better . . .

Shall I warm up the massage oil? ;)

If you please.

Why thank you. :) I'm enjoying slowly getting into the party.

It works for me!

The woods are cold here too, although it's my shoulder that aches.

Sh-boom, sh-boom.

I never needed a baseball bat when I was in an office. However, I used to have a glare that could make men quake in their workboots. Shall I drag it out of mothballs for your benefit?

I like the cinnamon. I'll have to add that to the recipe my mister uses, which is similar to this.

If you stand by the stove while it's simmering, the moisture and cinnamon will break up a head cold or congestion. The brandy makes you not really care LOL

You're welcome, Anna

Can't I just go straight to the second step?

Well, as long as you feel better . . .

If you please.

The first step works like a humidifier, breaks up what's in ya. But if all you have are aches and pains, drink the brandy

Sometimes when I read this thread I wonder if I have any right to complain...

Then my leg and back pains remind me of when I didn't have pain all the time! ;)

Lipton's Green Tea and Jack Daniels works for me.
JD works well for a lot of things.

Funny you say dark rum. She use to make her own vanilla extract. She'd take the old vanilla bean pods the grocery would usually through out, put them in a Mason jar, and fill it up with dark rum.
I like her more and more all the time!

Our recipe for my head colds is a cup of water, the juice from half a lemon, a tablespoon of good honey (not the crap you buy in the store) and a cup of brandy. I'm going to start adding the cinnamon.

Sometimes when I read this thread I wonder if I have any right to complain...

Then my leg and back pains remind me of when I didn't have pain all the time! ;)
What do you mean by not having pain all the time? My shoulder is trying to convince me that I'm SUPPOSED to have pain.

I'm looking at a pumpkin on my counter that wants to become soup and I went to bed last night, thinking I'd do some baking today. They're both going to have to wait until next week.

JD works well for a lot of things.

I like her more and more all the time!

Our recipe for my head colds is a cup of water, the juice from half a lemon, a tablespoon of good honey (not the crap you buy in the store) and a cup of brandy. I'm going to start adding the cinnamon.

What do you mean by not having pain all the time? My shoulder is trying to convince me that I'm SUPPOSED to have pain.

I'm looking at a pumpkin on my counter that wants to become soup and I went to bed last night, thinking I'd do some baking today. They're both going to have to wait until next week.

We never drank the lemon ade/cinnamon. It was used to decongest us. We had to sit in the kitchen as it boiled, so the oils could get into our lungs and sinuses.

We never drank the lemon ade/cinnamon. It was used to decongest us. We had to sit in the kitchen as it boiled, so the oils could get into our lungs and sinuses.

I'm not sure what the purpose of the lemon is, but I add cinnamon to coffee grounds when I make my coffee during the week. Hey, it's good and it helps cut cholesterol or some such.

I hope this turns out - I've been several hours drinking wine with a friend in great need. I'm going to be useless tomorrow and I had big plans....

So, yeah, the oils to decongest would be good, but that's why we have saline sprays. Kind of like Handley says.

Why am I in theatre? I'm getting ready for one show to go on the boards (I'm working backstage) and then have auditions coming up for another the following week. I should probably find out what kind of accent the director envisions for the non-lead females....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back