Last of His Kind; A New Race Will Be Born (Closed for BarbarianTaco)

Armphid

Crowned Sun
Joined
May 18, 2003
Posts
9,831
The house was isolated, miles away from the closest town in upstate Massachusetts. It was a sprawling two story on a large piece of wooded property; a large workshop and gym sat next to the garage. The house and the other buildings were in good repair but a careful eye would note wear here and there that was slowly spreading. The driveway had a few plants growing up in a few cracks that the owner of the home would have mended in years past. There was a sleek blue Corvette with red racing stripes and an older white Jeep in the driveway. The grounds had once well tended garden and flower beds that were now largely wild and the lawn had been mowed but not as recently as it perhaps should have been.

Despite the size of the house, only one man lived there. He had once been an important man in the area. An Assistant District Attorney and even a multi-term Major but now he was all but forgotten.

Inside his house, Charles "Charlie" Adams, descendent of the famous patriot Samuel Adams, moved slowly from his kitchen to office. Once he had stood tall at 6'2" but now the stoop that age has brought to his formerly broad and strong shoulders took him under 6 feet in height. His body had once been sleekly but powerfully muscled and strong, now he looked thin. Once he'd have worn a suit or his costume, even at home but now he wore loose sweat pants and a Crusaders t-shirt.

The house was well appointed but a bit behind on cleaning, some surfaces visibly dusty. Charlie knew it. He saw it. He tried to keep up with it but it got harder and harder and it seemed he had less strength by the day. He opened the door to his office and sighed, as he did every day. The office was full of photos and trophies from his glory days; a large picture of the original lineup of The Crusaders above his desk. His green eyes, still bright and alert despite his age, rested on it. The original ten; all proud and determined. And there he was, next to Atomic and Meteor Woman, his left arm around the redhead's shoulders. Charlie Adams, once the super hero known as the Minuteman, stared at his younger self in the picture. His costume had been blue and brown with white and red in places; buccaneer boots with snug tights that went to the pseudo-18th century coat he wore, his belt and bandolier of gadgets and weapons, his domino mask and tri-corner hat. In the picture his sonic tomahawk hung from his left hip and the butt of his laser musket rested on the ground, his right hand holding it upright by the barrel. The last version of his costume and those weapons stood in a glass case in the back of the office.

He sighed again. There had been so many good times. Hard fights that needed fought. So long ago. Minuteman had been a hero for far longer than he probably should have, into his 50's, and he was paying for it now. "Miss you, my friends. Godspeed, wherever you are." Some were dead. Some retired. A few were still in the game due to being sustained by their powers or heritage.

He sat down heavily at the desk and then reached over to hit a button on a remote, turning on the flat screen tv on the opposite wall. A news channel came on, reporting on The Crusaders' battle with Chaosios. He smiled, "Keep up the good fight, kids."
 
Kl'Arc stood his well toned humanoid body mostly visible despite the weather and often overtly modest conventions humans tended to have. To the green-skinned alien from a now dead planet called Kul'Dr'Um humans where a very strange people. Still, he had come to love his adoptive home as any child properly fostered should have after being accepted and shown all the good things humanity has to offer. His race the Kuls where militarist and brutal subjugating other peoples to there will or else!

In fact, Kl'Arc was supposed to have come here to conquer Earth by defeating its then top superhero the Mr.Elemental! With that in mind, his superiors genetically modified him to have the ability to manipulate all the elements to his will on top of the other abilities his race naturally had, such as Shapeshifting, Telepathy, and Telekinesis. Which he would have used to discreetly take out the superhuman Mr.Elemental and assume his identity. In stead, he crashed landed confused with a bit of amnesia and ended up defeating the infamous Dr.Mento, Mr.Elementals' dreaded nemesis.

This blunder led Kl'Arc to become a hero known to the world as Elemento. He as dubbed Dr. Clark Culver a man whose knowledge at the time was years ahead of any other person alive. That was back before the start of World War Two! After the war and many missions on which he fought the Nazis' Kl'Arc learned of his true heritage and that his people were backing the Nazis' as they had lost their intergalactic empire to the cosmic being known as The Devourer. From this ninety percent of his people were spread throughout the cosmos seeking new lives, while a small percent came to earth to check on his progress found him lacking and decided to step of the table. Much to his dismay, he decided to stay true to the values he learned with the Crusaders and killed all the other Kuls' on Earth with a powerful nerve gas that rendered them all permanently paralyzed. From then on he was formally a Crusader and a citizen of the US.

After that, he spent most of his days as a hero among the Crusaders, with only the team ever truly knowing he was, in fact, an alien. His brethren were taken to Area 5, where he helped experiment on them. In this, he pursued to figure out what made his race what it was and what in human genetics he could use to help possibly alter them to become something more. To him saving his race by making them more like humans would make not only his race but the human race a force to be reckoned with throughout the Cosmos! Possibly strong enough to fight insanely powerful Devourer. At least that is what he hoped.

For now, Kl'Arc would need a test subject one that was strong and brilliant enough to survive the ordeal but not strong enough to fight him. For that, he would go to an old friend one Charlie Adams. As he journeyed through the area to find Charlie he was in phase, his incorporeal apparition zooming through the objects seeking to find the right house with the right retired superhero.

As he found Charlie his Crusader communication device beeped at him alerting him to some disaster. However, He ignored it. The other members could handle it without him he was here for far more important business. So with that, he slipped through the walls and solidified in the kitchen. There he began to make coffee, a favorite of his that somehow only Earth truly had. It would be something he would share with Charlie, a man he had found a great friend and companion, and soon to be the first of many he would alter to remake the Kul race.

'Charlie my old friend, I hope it's not too much for me to do this but I am here in your kitchen making coffee, I thought that I might sit with you and talk about a few things, In fact, I am pretty sure you might be feeling different after we talk. That is if you don't mind hearing me out?'Kl'Arc asked telepathically hoping that the elderly hero would recognize his voice and signature after all these years. At least it was a long shot, I mean if he didn't hear him out he would just come back when he was asleep and take him, if he did hear him out and he refused he would knock him out and take him, but he doubted a man like Charles Adams, the once great Minute Man would pass up the chance to be strong and vital again.
 
Charlie had the news on in the background while he tried to tinker on his laser musket; the glass case now open. It was his hobby; he'd always been an inventor. He had been one of the scientists in the super community early on and even for many years, decades even. But there were super geniuses that outstripped him and so he wasn't needed for that any longer either.

The work was hard now though. His mind was still sharp but his hands shook and fumbled with the tools. One more frustration.

Then he heard a faint noise from the direction of the kitchen. Charlie listened for a moment and then stood up, slowly and in pain from his joints and back. No time to slap the musket back together but hr could get the tomahawk and then-

He blinked as Kl'Arc's telepathic message came through to him. It had been many years since he heard the alien scientist's voice, physically or mentally. "Well, I'll be! Kl'Arc! I've always got time for a friend but you could've called first. Or knocked."

The elderly man hobbled down from the office to the kitchen and grinned widely at the sight of the green skinned humanoid doing the mundane task of brewing coffee. The smell of it hit his nose a moment later. "Good to see you! Parading around nearly naked like always," he laughed and shook his head. "Not that I can blame you; you always have been a stud! If I could look like I used to, I might follow your shameless example."

He pulled a chair from the nearby table and pulled it over to the counter, taking a seat. "So what's on your mind that you come to see me? It's been....five, six years since I've seen you in anything but the news and old photos."
 
"Charles I forget my manners at times, such customs seem to still take the mental effort of they elude me. I apologize I shall put that down in my ledger for acceptable social behavior" Kl'Arc said before he telekinetically got out the coffee cups and strode over to the table. He pulled out a chair for the geriatric old man to sit before she himself took a seat.

"Yes Charles, my absence from super-heroics has been due to the breakthrough I made in the equation.I cracked it. I know exactly the things I need to complete it. In essence, it's partially why I came here. You, Charles, have been a dear friend of mine for years and through it all, I know a great deal about who you are and what you stand for. What I hate is the frail figure you have become when you have so much more to offer the world The green man said as the coffee finished and he let his telekinetic powers grab the carafe and pour the coffee into both of their cups.

Kl'Arc hoped his old friend, and pseudo ex would accept his offer and come to him to his lab. After the ordeal they had off-world where Kl'Arc had in a dream-state made him and Charles more than friends but man and 'wife' would be rekindled. Kl'Arc erased that from Charles mind, but he saw parts of his subconscious intrusion all those years ago pop up now and then. As he took the first tentative sip of the coffee, (Which was not scolding to him due to his elemental powers but still a learned behavior) he spoke mentally to Charles.

'I have an offer, one that would allow you to be back in your prime and can usher in a new age with your intellect? That is if you wish to undergo the process. You would be the first, and I can't guarantee you will not be adversely affected but it should at the least revert you to a younger state or if not that improve your younger state. It is up to you."He spoke in Charles mind drinking the hot coffee. Once he put it down he added."It has to do with trying to unravel the mysteries of my people and in the process hopefully establishing a new Kul race. One that might colonize Mars or some other planet. I just need more genetic samples to work with and I think that with this process I can help humanity out while reaching my goal of restoring my people.
If you are okay with helping an old friend help you?"
 
Charles leaned back with a smile as his alien friend and former teammate got out the cups and poured the coffee with his powers. It was something he'd experienced so many times while he was still with the team. It evoked nostalgia but also a yearning sense on wonder. There was very little amazing in his life anymore.

He took a sip, "Even though I know I make it the same way, it always tastes best when you make it," the retired hero sighed happily. The sigh became a bit bitter at the end "You can't hate it more than I do Kl'Arc. And I hate it that you have to see me this way." The two men had always been close friends, frequent partners on team missions. But after that one adventure in space, they'd grown even closer. He couldn't remember it but something had happened in a psychic dream-state that left them...with a bond of some kind. Kl'Arc had said the human mind just couldn't hop the details of such things but ever since, well, Charles had felt...something deeper for the alien hero.

Deeper to the point of erotic yearnings and even dreams. He'd never had them about any other man but even now...he felt that draw.

He listened to what his friend said and his expression grew amazed. "You've finally found a way to bring your people back? That's great! I was always troubled by how that all went down." The elderly hero shook his head, "What you're offering, if it works...by God, to be strong again. I should probably think on it but the fact is I'm not doing anyone, myself included, here. I'll be glad to hear you out and help you. You don't know what it means to even have a chance at being useful again."
 
Kl'Arc sipped his coffee in silence. He was happy Charles was so elated at the prospect of being young strong and useful again. What he didn't know was the fact that he would be useful in a whole new way. His body would change and become perfect for Kl'Arcs' seed to take hold and create new and improved Kul. Ones that would share powers of aspects of not only the dominate Kul genes but those of the original form. For Charles, it would be his intellect.

It was also nice that he had shared something wonderful with this man long ago, and soon as a female Kul they would share something again. Something that would hopefully, if he formulated it right a swollen belly full of their children. This still wouldn't be enough but it would be a start. He would have to find more subjects, which with a number of superhumans it wouldn't be hard. What would be hard is if and when the others begin to figure out many have gone missing, then it would be a race against time. In the end, he hoped he would get the ones he truly wanted and take them to Mars to begin phase two. Which he hoped would not only let the New Kuls' thrive but allow them to better respond to any force seeking to annihilate the earth before it got there.

"Oh trust me, Charles, you will be a completely new being,
revitalized and stronger than ever. In fact, I came here as you and I have had a special bond for quite some time and lately, I have been sensing your doubts and fears. I couldn't stand by with such a procedure without offering it to you first.
You are like a brother to me in many ways."
Which wasn't a complete lie. He did feel the connection and he did come to Charles first but not because of these reasons. He also did have a deep connection with him, and it was more than brotherly love, it was something still bore from the shared mind. A tryst he has longed to have again and with Charles seemingly on board, he would have again.

"So what do old friend, do you wish to be come with me and see the new and improved you? Or do you want to sit here in your house tinkering with your old weapons and longing for the day's gone bye?" As he then took the last long draw of coffee he stood up and headed to the door. He was done here. All he wished was for Charles to say yes so he wouldn't have to subdue him with his vast mental powers
 
Charles snorted, You're a blunt salesman, my friend." He smiled as he said it though. "But you know the answer. I'll go with you to see what this is all about. This...transformation you're talking about sounds...it sounds like the answer to my prayers. But I don't know if I've earned a swig at the Fountain of Youth if others haven't."

He got to his feet, again leaning on his cane and followed the alien to the door. "Of course, I'm coming, you green-skinned Adonis." He grinned and clapped Kl'Arc on the shoulder. "How're we getting there? The sky cycle is down for the count...my normal vehicles run fine."
 
"That is excellent, I would love to get you there"He said as Kl'Arc reached over to place his hand on his old friend. He blushed a bit at the remark that followed from Charles and shook his head.

"First I phase us out of your house and using the teleporter on my belt we can teleport to my lab. It's not much but I did design it after those movies we watched. Frankenstein and Young Frankenstein. Complete with Tesla coils." He said as he began to phase while touching you and allowing you to feel the strange sensation of being out of phase. In doing so he began to walk, his body as solid as yours. Kl'Arc then pulled you first through the wall followed by the next and then the next until you are outside the house. On the outside he allowed you to shift back in synch with reality.

Outside he looks up at the sky and looks out gazing at the stars pondering at the infinite void that is space. He laughed and shook his head."So Charles my old friend are you ready for your new life."
 
That purplish flush on the powerful hero's face made him chuckle. It was surprising in a way that someone like him, so past his physical and sexual prime, could get a blush like that out of so strong a man. He felt a bit of a stir in his loins when Kl'Arc touched him and phased them both through the house. There was something about him that Charles had always responded to, especially after that one mission. It had scared him as much as it thrilled him back then. He had never acted on it (that he knew) and there was some part of him that regretted that. Too late now.

But if what he was saying was true...if he could be vital and young again...then maybe. Maybe it wasn't too late. Though he was unsure if he should take what hid friend was offering.

When they re-solidified, Charles shook his head, "Been a long time since you phased me. Always thought that was remarkable; sliding through other matter like that." He laughed at the question, "I'm ready to see your lab already, yes! If you want me to be the test subject for your process, you got to get me there before I die of old age. Could happen any minute!" He swallowed then, "But...yes. I'm ready to try it. Even if it doesn't work or something goes wrong, well, I'll still have been useful again, by God."

He reached a hand up to lay it on Kl'Arc's brawny shoulder "Let's go."
 
"Understood my dear friend and yes phasing through matter is an interesting experience"He said as he touched his belt and the strange lavender rings formed around them bending space. Eventually, everything went white before they appeared in a very steampunk Victorian style lab and Kl'Arc gestured to the table which had a variety of devices around it.

"Please undress and take a seat on the table. I will have to alter a few things but this should get on our way soon."He said as he floated over to the main-machine, a very classic mad scientist like a control panel. They're he activated the computer like screen and began to type and focus on exact programming so the process would move smoothly.
 
The disorientation of teleportation was once something he'd been used to. But it had been a long time. Charlie felt slightly nauseous as the lab seemed to appear around them. "Gnn. Never used to bother me like that. One more joy of getting old," he grumbled.

But then he looked around as Kl'Arc flee over to the control console. He grinned; it really did look like Frankenstein's lab. "I like what you've done with the place." The older hero's sharp eyes took in the equipment sitting through it. Huh. This was a serious set up, wasn't it?

He limped over to the table and felt a rush of mingled dread and excitement. Could thus really give him back his youth? If so, how.did that help Kl'Arc's people be reborn? That part he didn't get but maybe his friend had found some survivors of his race too old to bear children?

He sighed and started to strip down. It was slow, the old man moving stiffly. "I'm sorry you have to see me naked. My wrinkly old ass isn't a thrill for anyone." Charlie climbed onto the table and sat, shivering a little in the cold.
 
"Yeah It would put a strain on your ambulatory system. Still you should not feel bad you have achieved much in your long life. So much more that you do not deserve to expire. Especially when the apparent youth of your race and nation has decided to waste time on frivolous reality television and the newest technology to waste away on."He said as he drifted over languidly using his power to just hover.

As he complimented his set up he smiled and actually spoke with him."If you must know I am incredibly pleased that you like it."He turned and looked at the man. He leaned in and began to do the basic check up routine. He made sure your vitals and everything else was okay.

"Actually for your age you are quite exquisite. I see much beauty in your looks. Hints of life that few in your age really see. Now lie back and I will begin the infusion of cellular and nanite solutions." Kl'Arc said as he begins to prep the needles and tubes. Soon he would have enough to begin the electrode based stimulus.
 
Charlie laughed and actually felt his cheeks heat and a surge of blood as his cock tried to respond to his remembered desires. "Exquisite? You don't have to butter me up, ya alien stud. You already got me back at your place and undressed, ready for you to have your way with me."

It had been said as a joke but there was honesty in it too. These feelings...how had he forgotten them? "Kl'Arc, listen," his voice was serious. "There's something I need to say in case, well...from what I'm seeing of the equipment here, I might not make it through this. I'm fine with that risk but...if I don't make it, I don't want this unsaid."

He paused, "Back then...I think...I know...I wanted to be...more than your friend. I wanted to be your lover, hell, even just a "friend with benefits" as the kids say." He sighed as the brawny hero hooked up equipment. "I didn't figure it out until it was too late and even then, I was too chicken shit to say or do anything." He'd been so scared. For a man from his time, being gay was...unthinkable. "So...I didn't say anything then. But...I wanted you to know and I'm sorry to drop that on you. But if I go, I don't want any regrets."
 
Back
Top