Countdown: The Comey Tapes

gotsnowgotslush

skates like Eck
May 12, 2017

"James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press."
-Emperor Caligula Carrot

"It's unclear whether the "tapes" Trump alluded to in his tweet would be audio or video recordings, or whether they exist at all."
-Tamara Keith
NPR White House Correspondent

April 19, 2017
The Susan Rice ‘Scandal’ Is Based on ‘Absolutely Nothing’:

Report (The whole story)

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/04/the-susan-rice-scandal-is-based-on-nothing-report.html

Bottom line ?

"The Trump names remain masked in the documents, and Rice would not have been able to know in all cases that she was asking the N.S.A. to unmask the names of Trump officials."

June 9, 2017

"...he may reveal whether such tapes exist “in the very near future.”

"Well, I'll tell you about that maybe sometime in the very near future," Trump said.

"I'm not hinting anything. I'll tell you about it over a very short period of time," he said.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...ut-comey-tapes-coming-in-the-very-near-future

"It's awfully curious that no one from the president's team will either confirm or deny the existence of the tapes when the tapes are the only way to prove that Mr. Comey's testimony, which came under oath, are false or misleading," said Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y. "Play the tapes for all of America to hear or admit that there were no tapes."

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2017-06-08/in-comeys-aftermath-questions-and-lies

June 20, 2017

"The president has said that he will make an announcement on this. I expect it this week," Sean Spicer said at Tuesday’s news briefing.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...trump-will-say-if-comey-tapes-exist-this-week

http://time.com/4813496/house-intelligence-committee-trump-comey-tapes-request/

June 22, 2017

Two weeks, ago-

He (Emperor Carrot) cryptically added: "You are going to be very disappointed when you hear the answer (about the tapes he used to threaten Comey with)."

http://www.nydailynews.com/newswire...tapes-fits-familiar-pattern-article-1.3268021

House Intelligence Committee set a deadline for Trump to turn over any tapes if they exist. The deadline is Friday June 23.

Back in the mists of time when a Hitler named Bush ruled the land with iron fist and malapropisms aplenty...

There's no there there...
There, there. We feel your pain!
:ClintonTear:
The Chief's spirit animal is the otter:
1498085479_b143.jpg

Imagine the frothing at the mouth if this were Obama or Clinton. But since it's Donald, the pretzelry abounds.

But it was Clinton and Obama.

:eek:

And Lynch and Comey...

We want a full investigation, but Mueller is there only to find an administration process crime. It's what he does; it's called an MO.

So Obama and Comey know that Russia is trying to influence the election, but no one says anything until the election is over.

Hmmmmmm...

I guess, since they ALL knew that Hillary was going to win in a landslide, that they needed to keep quiet lest her win become suspect.

Hmmmmmm...

The DNC is hacked, but they only want a third party to do the forensic science...

Hmmmmmm...

Now Debs is trying to deny the FBI ever asked to look at the server, so Comey and Jeh are liars (and dirty rotten scoundrels).

So why did the White House keep mum on all of this? Why did the FBI keep mum on this? Why did the DNC try to stay below the radar?

Well, if they were hacked, Hillary had an unsecured private server so that she could stay under the radar when it came to Foundation donations and Foundation work. A lot more substantial case for that than there is obstruction of justice because Trump is trying to coverup the fact that there was no collusion...

Hmmmmmm...

So Obama and Comey know that Russia is trying to influence the election, but no one says anything until the election is over.

Hmmmmmm...

I guess, since they ALL knew that Hillary was going to win in a landslide, that they needed to keep quiet lest her win become suspect.

Hmmmmmm...

The DNC is hacked, but they only want a third party to do the forensic science...

Hmmmmmm...

Now Debs is trying to deny the FBI ever asked to look at the server, so Comey and Jeh are liars (and dirty rotten scoundrels).

So why did the White House keep mum on all of this? Why did the FBI keep mum on this? Why did the DNC try to stay below the radar?

Well, if they were hacked, Hillary had an unsecured private server so that she could stay under the radar when it came to Foundation donations and Foundation work. A lot more substantial case for that than there is obstruction of justice because Trump is trying to coverup the fact that there was no collusion...

Hmmmmmm...

A better question might be: why are so many of your arguments constructed around a core of pure dishonesty or ignorance?

"So Obama and Comey know that Russia is trying to influence the election, but no one says anything until the election is over."

Oops.

October.

Comey testified in February...

What did the administration do? They dummied up. DUMMY!

And Petunia, that is a document never really reported on by the press because HILLARY WAS A LOCK!!!

She didn't need an excuse and a fall guy until November, and neither did Obama...

It was a nothing sandwich until they needed to blame someone for the failure to launch.

That's right. Get a nice little flail going. The truth hasn't stopped you in the past. Why would it matter now? I'll leave you to enjoy your conspiracy theory.

To be clear, though: I think the Obama administration was too quiet and indecisive on this and allowed themselves to be cowed by a crazy Trump and his rabid base.

I am on record many times as saying that I think the FBI (namely, Comey) fucked up on their decision to go public with the HRC emails on Oct 28 but stay quiet about the investigations into Russian interference in the election and connections to the Trump campaign.

That's right. Get a nice little flail going. The truth hasn't stopped you in the past. Why would it matter now? I'll leave you to enjoy your conspiracy theory.
To be clear, though: I think the Obama administration was too quiet and indecisive on this and allowed themselves to be cowed by a crazy Trump and his rabid base.

I am on record many times as saying that I think the FBI (namely, Comey) fucked up on their decision to go public with the HRC emails on Oct 28 but stay quiet about the investigations into Russian interference in the election and connections to the Trump campaign.

It usually helps if you think before you open your mouth.

And all I did was provide a reason why. It's not a conspiracy theory because a conspiracy requires more than one...

And as to your last point, tell me why my reasoning doesn't make sense; the twofold explanation that exposing the Russians would come back to haunt Hillary's campaign because of the even earlier "investigation" and dismissal based on "intent" and the settled knowledge (as witnessed by many spiking the ball threads on this forum) that Her Majesty was going to win, and not just win, but win in a landslide that would shut Republican up and out for generations to come.

A better question might be: why are so many of your arguments constructed around a core of pure dishonesty or ignorance?

"So Obama and Comey know that Russia is trying to influence the election, but no one says anything until the election is over."

Oops.

A_J needs to lie because the truth doesn't fit his narrative.

He sees democrats and liberals as his enemy which forces him to either lie or engage in pretzel logic to defend his belief system.

Trump lied again (personally I've lost count) and is by far the most dishonest embarrassment the white house has ever seen. But A_J can't admit that so he will continue to blame Comey or Obama or whoever, whatever he can.

"Donald Trump has said he has no recordings of his controversial conversations with former FBI Director James Comey - but has left open the possibility that such an audio record may exist."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-white-house-fired-fbi-director-a7803516.html

At Monday’s White House briefing, NBC’s Peter Alexander asked whether Americans “can trust it to be real” when the president comments on something.

"If he’s not joking, of course,” Spicer replied. “Every time that he speaks authoritatively, he’s speaking as president of United States.”

It was a lie ?
It was a joke ?
It was a ruse ?

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...s-can-trust-what-trump-says-if-hes-not-joking

June 22, 2017

"We have to have an official statement, tweets aren’t official,’’ said Representative K. Michael Conaway, Republican from Texas, who is running the House Intelligence Committee’s investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election. Until they get that official response, Conaway said, he would not comment on whether a subpoena may still be issued.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/na...nversations/sQEuJr394jwSCHE5RGn3vJ/story.html

The tapes were made by the Russians, and the Russians have the tapes ? Maybe, someone should examine the lovely gifts given to Trump, by Russian visitors ?

Natasha Fatale and Boris Badenov have been know to be very naughty gift givers...

He never said he had tapes, ergo it was a tactical statement that seems to have produced a desired effect, but then I've been saying that since the beginning...

He can admit it now because Comey testified under oath and cannot further "evolve" his story.

He never said he had tapes, ergo it was a tactical statement that seems to have produced a desired effect, but then I've been saying that since the beginning...

He can admit it now because Comey testified under oath and cannot further "evolve" his story.

I'll add to the speculation, again.

The tapes exist(ed). They've been reviewed and found to support Comey's testimony. They're consequently no use to Trump. Ergo, they don't exist.

And we have a new twist to the conspiracy theory...

I'll bet there are a lot of people involved in an administration where we have been told from Day 1 is in turmoil, spiraling out of control and about to fire everyone in it.

Of course, Machiavelli teaches us that a conspiracy is a group of malcontents each of whom by disclosure owns the seeds of his own contentment. This is why I discount conspiracy theories in general and this in in particular.

Back