In My Sketchbook

miamigrrl

Really Really Experienced
I admire the work of Amedeo Modigliani and I keep circling back to his portraits for inspiration. Portrait of Madame Reynouard and Maude Abrantes are by far my favorites. Check him out if you have a chance!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amedeo_Modigliani

Enclosed is something I added in my sketchbook this evening. Care to share what's in your sketchbook?

Ana

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1
Well...that was interesting...
I have THREE currently active Sketchbooks, but they are MOSTLY words, not interesting ones, just work related, and the images are of a similar nature! :(

Luckily, I have about 15 sketchbooks on the shelf there... so I scanned an old lifedrawing, from 2002! ack

The model was actually nude, I have notes in the margins, I was playing with the idea of translucent, form fitting material and added the body stocking.

A bit like Modigliani, I often take liberties with proportions. I have posted about this before. Especially when working with ink — just jumping in. I think my first interest in this sort of style, was when I was introduced to "blind-contours" (drawing the "edges" while not looking at one's paper/drawing) and liking the results.

For this (and many others) I actually do look at the drawing, but I do not "fuss".

attachment.php

Last edited:
Very cool, Throbbs. I have a few sketchbooks laying around used for different purposes/mediums. I also still have sketchbooks from my teenage angst years --- those are always a treat to revisit! I can part from a lot of material things but not my sketchbooks, please! :eek:

I totally see Mondigliani in this sketch. I also see traces from a sketch that's likely behind this one? Love it!

Very cool, Throbbs. I have a few sketchbooks laying around used for different purposes/mediums. I also still have sketchbooks from my teenage angst years --- those are always a treat to revisit! I can part from a lot of material things but not my sketchbooks, please! :eek:

I totally see Mondigliani in this sketch. I also see traces from a sketch that's likely behind this one? Love it!

I agree. Sketch books are quite precious.... (Gollum voice):D
I enjoy revisiting mine.

Yes, The "ghost" is from the next page, I didn't put a slip sheet between when I scanned.

Hey there, I haven't sketched in my book for so long. I miss it actually. But this is a sketch I did several years ago. Keep in mind I'm no professional. Just doodling.

20170308_191008-1.jpg

Here is a close up of my favorite area. :devil:

Attachments

• untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 0
I admire the work of Amedeo Modigliani and I keep circling back to his portraits for inspiration. Portrait of Madame Reynouard and Maude Abrantes are by far my favorites. Check him out if you have a chance!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amedeo_Modigliani

Enclosed is something I added in my sketchbook this evening. Care to share what's in your sketchbook?

Ana

I like it. Very expressive, minimal drawing, not overworked. You should share more.

Back