Hitachi magic wand repair

Real vs Fugazi

There are 2 kinds of Hitachi. The real one has a big motor in the handle. The Fugazi ones have a small motor all in the head. My small one was screeching like an owl so:
1) Remove the vinyl cover (like a condom) over the top.
2) Remove some of the foam to get access to 6 little screws (need jewelers type phillips screws
3) put a drop of 3 in one oil in the oil hole of the motor and near both ends of spindle
4) remove clear plastic motor sheath
5) replace motor sheath with double-styk tape a around and set back in situ. Make sure 1/2 moon vibrator is clear.
6) Replace screws. Test motor it should be quiet and smooth . If ok
7) Put back foam and wrap with electruical tape
8) Finally to keep vinyl from rotating over electrical tap put one loop of double styk tap and
put back on white vinyl cover.
You're done.:)

Real vs Fugazi

There are 2 kinds of Hitachi. The real one has a big motor in the handle. The Fugazi ones have a small motor all in the head. My small one was screeching like an owl so:
1) Remove the vinyl cover (like a condom) over the top.
2) Remove some of the foam to get access to 6 little screws (need jewelers type phillips screws)
3) put a drop of 3 in one oil in the oil hole of the motor and near both ends of spindle
4) remove clear plastic motor sheath
5) replace motor sheath with double-styk tape a around and set back in situ. Make sure half-moon vibrator is clear.
6) Replace screws. Test motor it should be quiet and smooth . If ok
7) Put back foam and wrap with electricial tape
8) Finally to keep vinyl from rotating over electrical tape put one loop of double styk tap and
put back on white vinyl cover.
You're done.:cattail:

Last edited:
Plastic 260 model

So I've seen the HV-260 with the plastic head unit mentioned a few times but can you actually pull it off the spring and open it up like the metal one?

I couldn't get it to unscrew from the spring and i think that's required to open it up.

Back