Look a like playboy decoy

RicoLouis

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jan 1, 1970
Posts
893
A guy is who comes from nothing is hired by a wealthy playboy to be his bad boy decoy. He is paid to go to clubs and stuff while the playboy is off doing something else, or someone else, that he rather not end up in the paper. He is given clothing, a nice car, and a credit card and told to have fun. But what happens when the play boys sister meets the fake brother at the club or when an ex wants to hook back up, or worst something happens to the playboy and he is asked to fill in by the family on a long term basis to help keep the families company stock from losing value before a big deal goes through.
 
Interesting scenario, the only problem I see is knowing how many people are in on it.
 
It be like a superhero story srt of thing where one or two at first. The guy, the playboy, and someone to set it up. Then more and more would find out.
 
I like the sister angle. She is in on the switch, but finds herself falling in love with the decoy, and he falls in love with her, too. But they can't be seen together in public - it would give the real playboy an instant reputation as an incestuous pervert! So they have to sneak around to be together.

Eventually they do get caught, and the playboy is "outted" (even though he was never "in"). His reputation is ruined, but he is also intrigued! He approaches his sister to see what all the hoopla is about, and they end up in bed.
 
What I have a problem with this scenario is: WHY would the playboy want the reputation without actually earning the stripes himself?

It would make more sense that he would hire someone to do good stuff while he is allowed to go out and about. While the playboy is out doing the bad boy boogie, that's when the sister meets the lookalike.

There's something missing though. She is interested in a guy that looks like her brother? Even if she knows the lookalike isn't her brother, it still sounds like the (presumably she is rich too) rich girl has inbred yearnings.
 
How about this...

Rich brother and sister were both brought up in different boarding schools (one for boys, the other for girls). They haven't spent very much time together in recent years as their schooling kept them apart. Sister doesn't immediately realize that the decoy is not her brother. She just thinks he has grown up a lot since she last saw him.

On the other hand, Decoy thinks sister is hot and cannot stop flirting with her. Eventually Decoy falls in love with the sister and tries to win her over, all while trying not to let her know he is not really her brother.
 
To answer Wolf's questions.

The rich guy is apparently doing something really fucked up, it's stated in the OP. Maybe he's Batman. Maybe he's fucking his cousin. Whatever it is he's in the middle of something so fucked up that he basically pays a look a like to go get into trouble so nobody bothers looking any closer. That's probably a worthwhile story in and of itself.

Given how most family renunions get it seems a high enough percent of people are attracted to people who could pass for family that I can give that a wave without issue. It basically boils down to she finds this guy attractive and for whatever reason he doesn't actually look like her brother, at least to her. Maybe they've been apart too long, or maybe they've been together too much. Regardless we've all seen enough movies, even movies with one actor playing two roles (sometimes even twins) and yet you can tell immediately by the way one moves or talks or what not which is which. As a bit of an aside it one of the things that drives me nuts when my girl is watching Vampire Dairies. How the fuck nobody can tell these fucking doppelgangers apart is insane!
 
Similar: How Lois Lane doesn't recognize Superman just because he puts on a pair of glasses escapes me. Even as a kid it didn't make any sense.

You recognize someone by many factors, not just their body shape or face--mannerisms, the way they walk, the way they talk, etc. Anybody who knows the actual playboy will know that this isn't him unless he has good acting skills and spends months studying the playboy's manner so he can copy it.

One of the best scenes in an otherwise forgettable movie is in Green Lantern, when he shows up at his girlfriend and she recognizes him instantly. "You thought just because you put on a mask that I wouldn't know your facial structure?"
 
To respond to Sean's answers to Wulf's questions...
(Did I actually manage to get that right??)

It isn't THAT apparent the rich guy was doing something fucked up. All it said was "doing something (or someone)" the 'something' has to be addressed to make it plausible why playboy isn't doing what the decoy is doing himself.
That's critical to the plot in my mind.

You should also note I wasn't contesting that the sister does something with her brother's double, I said something is MISSING. (some of the options you flailed away at sufficed to fulfill the "missing" concept to a degree. The best plausible concept, in my mind at least, was the sister being away.
 
Similar: How Lois Lane doesn't recognize Superman just because he puts on a pair of glasses escapes me. Even as a kid it didn't make any sense...

I understand what you and Sean are saying. Oddly enough I don't have a problem with it as such in that context.

To me, in Sean's vampire example, they don't want people at home to think it's the same person so little differences when someone isn't another person's twin, yet the characters think they are "identical" is just so the audience can understand when a different character is being described.

As to the Superman scenario, all I can say is, I thought Lois must be as dumb as a stump not to see the difference.
BUT if someone is wearing a mask... totally different issue.

Hmm... then again, I remember when I met someone once who was working at home depot, then met them afterwards when they weren't working, and while I thought I recognized them from somewhere, I couldn't connect who they were without their apron on. So, I guess to a degree, I could understand a momentary first time misunderstanding of who someone is, but to time and time again not recognize someone's bare face (superman) while they wore different outfits, is utterly unbelievable.
 
...to time and time again not recognize someone's bare face (superman) while they wore different outfits, is utterly unbelievable.

Which shows that believability can be an impediment to storytelling. Pile on the absurdities until they seem normal, like GOP platform statements and Faux Newz headlines. It's just basic propaganda technique.
 
A few things, for my vampire example I meant the TV show not the books. The twins all move and look differently. I mean yeah you're right they don't want the audience confused but they do a good enough job that even when the characters faking and everybody involved knows it's incredibly easy to tell one from the other.

As for Superman Lois is dumb as a stump or better answer doesn't want to know. Otherwise it's hard to buy for her but for 995 of people who've never met Clark it's easy to believe. They actually covered this scenerio in an episode of Justice League where Lex Luthor takes over the Flash's body and the first thing he does is go to the bathroom, lift the mask and declare. . .I have no idea who this is. Turns out the number skinny redheaded guys is sufficient that he doesn't stand out.

Anyway back on subject I think it's easy enough to believe that while he's a damn fine look alike he might not be good enough to fool anybody who knows him personally. So the sister comes down to have a word with her brother. MAybe the first scene with them is awkardly funny because he knows who she is either by her name or he's seen her picture before but she knows right out the gate it's not her brother. Maybe she has a nickname and he doesn't call her by it. Maybe they aren't friendly and he would never walk over and say hi, he'd ask what the fuck she wanted and send her away. Maybe he hates Jaegermiester because it makes him sick or maybe he's flirting with his ex who he hates with a passion. Whatever the issue the sister knows immediatly and is playfully flirting because it makes him uncomfortable even though he's attracted to her. Eventually it slips or she decides it's not funny to fuck with him anymore.

I really like this concept.
 
Back
Top