Writers: What's Your Best Work on Lit?

slyc_willie

Captain Crash
Recent threads here have prompted me to wonder what Literotica's writers themselves feel is the best piece they have posted to this site to date. This may or may not degenerate into a pissing contest of sorts, but I'd really like to know what authors here think of their own writing, and what, among all the menagerie we have posted, best exemplifies their skill as storytellers.

Obviously, I'll start. Emet. Selena Kitt originally asked me to write a story that twisted a fairy tale or myth, following my contribution to her Modern Fairy Tales chain story. This story, with very few corrections, was included in an anthology published by eXcessica. To date, I consider it to be the best example of my particular erotic style.

So what's yours?

I have 21 tales posted so far. I'm not in luv with any of them, to be honest, but theyre almost always approved the first time, and I like that about them.

I have 21 tales posted so far. I'm not in luv with any of them, to be honest, but theyre almost always approved the first time, and I like that about them.

But you couldn't choose one, even if just for the sake of argument, to represent you?

But you couldn't choose one, even if just for the sake of argument, to represent you?

What I post at LIT pales when compared with my other stuff. I have a hanging story thats prolly as good as Ambrose Bierce's OCCURRENCE AT THE OWL CREEK BRIDGE.

Lemme look thru my LIT stache for an example.

This is a tough call, especially for me to judge. Partly b/c I feel I've improved since I started, and then there's the difference between "my favorite" and "my best." Or even "the usual" vs "trying something new."

I'd have to go with "Who Cares What I Wear?" and "King's Bay," I think, although I was also pleased with my last long story, "Rhythm & the Blue Line."

Sorry, apparently I'm indecisive in the morning.

Siblings with Benefits.

Although like all stories it has aspects that have been used before I can honestly say there is no other series like it on lit.

The fact I was lucky to gey a100 votes per chapter on it shows how much of the true incest crowd it eliminatef with yhe bdsm and dark story line

There are just too many good ones to decide on just one.

I'll help...

You do have many to choose from, but Bound is fantastic. I also liked The Christmas Present. And my personal favorites are in your "Memories of..." series.

This is a tough call, especially for me to judge. Partly b/c I feel I've improved since I started, and then there's the difference between "my favorite" and "my best." Or even "the usual" vs "trying something new."

I'd have to go with "Who Cares What I Wear?" and "King's Bay," I think, although I was also pleased with my last long story, "Rhythm & the Blue Line."

Oh, this one gets my vote: "Who Cares What I Wear?"

I'll help...

You do have many to choose from, but Bound is fantastic. I also liked The Christmas Present. And my personal favorites are in your "Memories of..." series.

Thank you.

Bound and The Christmas Present are both in BDSM, which for some reason I find easy to write.

I'm surprised anyone but me likes the "Memories of" series. They are just bits and pieces from the past. More snapshot than stories. But then again, a lot of my stories come from a single photograph.

There aren't many, but I suppose the Sex or Suicide series would be one of my better stories. It is my highest rated, and I have to admit I enjoyed writing it a lot. It explored a lot of different kinks and emotions, and was just downright fun.

I think my favorite to write was Sideshow Sylvie. There is still something about it that appeals to me on a deeper level than my others, though it's not what you would call a "fabulous" work of art or anything.

I’m quite happy to accept the opinion of the reading public. In my case I have two potential most loved stories. This is the first:

[size=+3]
“Daddy”, I Whispered
[/size]

460_1000.jpg

"Daddy?" I Whispered Stephanie seduces her handsome father.
4.53 40629 3183712 Incest/Taboo (English) 02/19/06
Public Comments: 982

Perhaps other posters could furnish tthe numbers on the stories they're nominating which would allow thread readers a common comparison point...

Figures I would lose my Internet almost right after starting this thread. :rolleyes:

Just read "Who Cares What I Wear." I liked it. You make good use of dialogue, explaining a lot of what's going on through what the characters say. Good examples of show vs. tell. Where did the inspiration come from?

Now I'm going to take a look at some of the others.

Thank you.

Bound and The Christmas Present are both in BDSM, which for some reason I find easy to write.

I'm surprised anyone but me likes the "Memories of" series. They are just bits and pieces from the past. More snapshot than stories. But then again, a lot of my stories come from a single photograph.

I know I had previously read "Bound." I may have commented on it, too. Not sure. But I do know that I liked it. You have a number of BDSM tales, Tx. Not normally my mug of beer, but you don't add a lot of the awkward tropes and ridiculousness I've seen in a majority of BDSM tales.

Siblings with Benefits.

Although like all stories it has aspects that have been used before I can honestly say there is no other series like it on lit.

The fact I was lucky to gey a100 votes per chapter on it shows how much of the true incest crowd it eliminatef with yhe bdsm and dark story line

I would have to say that my best piece is Desperate Measures: The Fluffer, followed closely by my latest story, Trophy Wife.

Heading off to take a look at these . . . .

There are several stories I like including 'I Love You Because' and 'Eileen', which are both non-erotic. However, 'Maggie's Gift' was the first title that came to my mind when I read this thread. The story started from an image of a mountain cabin during a blizzard and was part of NaNo 2009. It took first place in the Lit winter holiday contest and is part of a published anthology.

Probably Lucid Ending. I wrote and rewrote this over and over again for over a month before submitting it. Not the highest rated thing I've written, but definitely the one where I put the most effort.

Siblings with Benefits.

I only read the first chapter, but I think I see why you chose it as your best. There is definitely a sort of "quiet darkness" in the tale that I assume gets more pronounced in later chapters. There's a lot of block text and narrative background, but I suppose that's just to get the basics out of the way and establish a foundation for a series that's 39+ chapters long.

There are several stories I like including 'I Love You Because' and 'Eileen', which are both non-erotic. However, 'Maggie's Gift' was the first title that came to my mind when I read this thread. The story started from an image of a mountain cabin during a blizzard and was part of NaNo 2009. It took first place in the Lit winter holiday contest and is part of a published anthology.

I think I've read just about everything you published in the first couple of years, Lynn. I like Maggie's Gift, too, and it's obvious why it won.

Oh, this one gets my vote: "Who Cares What I Wear?"

Thank you. :)

Figures I would lose my Internet almost right after starting this thread. :rolleyes:

Just read "Who Cares What I Wear." I liked it. You make good use of dialogue, explaining a lot of what's going on through what the characters say. Good examples of show vs. tell. Where did the inspiration come from?

Now I'm going to take a look at some of the others.

Thanks, Willie. Glad you liked it. I got the idea from a song, "New Year's Eve," by Nina Gordon. I toyed with a few things in the story, like having the guy be in the military and return by surprise, stuff like that, but it didn't work. It's a little sadder than what I often write, but what works, works.

I'm a writer now! Here is my favorite story so far, also the highest rated. Nothing as brilliant as the company here, but maybe one day...

http://www.literotica.com/s/forbidden-fruit-39

I liked that you started off with the sexual tension right away. This was a quickie piece, straightforward about the sex. You knew it was coming, but you made the reader wait. Good going.

The only thing I didn't like was the lack of a transition between the memory of Johnny and the here and now. It was a bit difficult to realize you were writing about a different event.

I've only written four stories for Lit, but I like them all for different reasons. The Wiener Connection and Road to Nowhere are humorous pieces, Final Exam is a tale about voyeurism, and The Last Minute Gift is a Christmas story. They're all worth a read. Just click the link in my sig and you're off to the races. :)

Back