My Favorite Quotes

Great heroes need great sorrows and burdens, or half their greatness goes unnoticed. It is all part of the fairy tale.
 
No one can go back and make a brand new start, my friend, but anyone can start from here and make a brand new end.
 
“To deal with reality you must first recognize it as such.”
― Laurence Gonzales
 
31542_446018382124769_1581813319_n.jpg
 
Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.
 
Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we're here for something else besides ourselves.
 
It came without ribbons! It came without tags! It came without packages, boxes or bags!"... Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before! "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas... perhaps... means a little bit more!
 
Oh look, yet another Christmas TV special! How touching to have the meaning of Christmas brought to us by cola, fast food, and beer.... Who'd have ever guessed that product consumption, popular entertainment, and spirituality would mix so harmoniously?
 
"Cars aren't fun. They don't bleed." Jason the werewolf, Anita Blake the Vampire Hunter novels by Laurell K. Hamilton
 
yes they do! they bleed oil!! hahaha

or transmission fluid or brake fluid or any other fluids they are still containing after being attacked by a werewolf in a fictional book

or a mad woman that is just cutting lines and stabbing things in the undercarriage

^_^
 
Many people mistaken excitement is happiness.... But when you are excited you are not peaceful. True happiness is based on peace.
 
If there is any religion that could respond to the needs of modern science, it would be Buddhism.
 
We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.
 
it is impossible to build one's own happiness on the unhappiness of others. This perspective is at the heart of Buddhist teachings
 
Letting go gives us freedom, and freedom is the only condition for happiness. If, in our heart, we still cling to anything - anger, anxiety, or possessions - we cannot be free.
 
The secret of Buddhism is to remove all ideas, all concepts, in order for the truth to have a chance to penetrate, to reveal itself.
 
The thought manifests the word;
The word manifests the deed;
The deed develops into habit;
And habit hardens into character;
So watch the thought and its ways with care,
And let them spring forth from love
Born out of compassion for all beings.
As the shadow follows the body, as we think, so we become.
 
To dwell in the here and now does not mean you never think about the past or responsibly plan for the futurre. The idea is simply not to allow yourself to get lost in regrets about the past or worriees about the future. if you are firmly grounded in the present moment, the past can be an object of inquiry, the object of your mindfulness and concentration. you can attain many insights by looking into the past. But you are still grounded in the present moment.
 
Back
Top