The Official Authors' Hangout National Nude Day 2017 Contest Support Thread

No, I do that all the time.

I just put my note in paranthses right next to the contest note.

Good to know.

I just want to put a quick note as to why I'm picking the category I'm using even though the title has a keyword in it that would associate it with something else. I don't want her moving it on a knee jerk reaction.

Question about the notes field. We need to put the contest message in so Laurel can spot it and assign the story to the contest.

But I want to put an actual note in there as well to her....if I post the contest message then something else will it screw up getting it in the contest?

I put extra notes in contest entries regularly, after the cut and paste message that has to be there. I've never had an issue.

My Nude Day Contest odyssey:

1. Get inspired. Make an excellent start on a really wild story. WAAAAY early.
2. Take a break while writing something else for pay.
3. Put off returning to the Nude Day story.
4. Get inspired, suddenly, by something completely different.
5. Finish the first story. Hastily.
6. Knock out the second story in three days(!) at over 20k words, while writing out of sequence.
7. Decide the first story is so much worse than the second story that it's unlikely ever to see the light of day, in any form, contest or no.
8. Be very content with the second story. Refine as needed, but I never tweak much. My first drafts are usually 99% done.

All in all, an odd exercise. NOT a theme I'd normally even consider.

My Nude Day Contest odyssey:

1. Get inspired. Make an excellent start on a really wild story. WAAAAY early.
2. Take a break while writing something else for pay.
3. Put off returning to the Nude Day story.
4. Get inspired, suddenly, by something completely different.
5. Finish the first story. Hastily.
6. Knock out the second story in three days(!) at over 20k words, while writing out of sequence.
7. Decide the first story is so much worse than the second story that it's unlikely ever to see the light of day, in any form, contest or no.
8. Be very content with the second story. Refine as needed, but I never tweak much. My first drafts are usually 99% done.

All in all, an odd exercise. NOT a theme I'd normally even consider.

Brilliant! I think I'm still at (3)

Question about the notes field. We need to put the contest message in so Laurel can spot it and assign the story to the contest.

But I want to put an actual note in there as well to her....if I post the contest message then something else will it screw up getting it in the contest?

I make sure that the contest message is first, then do one or more carriage returns before the next note.

Audio Submission - Tech Question

Hello,
I will be submitting and audio for this contest which I was informed on twitter that was possible.
Are there any special guidelines like length, file size etc.
I will be uploading using the literotica upload server.
Where do I put the 'National Nude Day 2017 Contest' heading since there is no NOTES section?
Do i put it in the Description area?

Thank you for your time.
Cheers
Ben

Hello,
I will be submitting and audio for this contest which I was informed on twitter that was possible.
Are there any special guidelines like length, file size etc.
I will be uploading using the literotica upload server.
Where do I put the 'National Nude Day 2017 Contest' heading since there is no NOTES section?
Do i put it in the Description area?

Thank you for your time.
Cheers
Ben

Send this query by a PM to the site editor: Laurel

It's unlikely to be spotted by her, here.

Bring it! I'm 99% sure I'll go with my "alternate" story and simply bury my primary one. It ended up as a real disappointment.

Happens.

I'm going to be away and probably offline from Friday for two weeks.

Please keep this thread going to encourage entries to the contest.

Same with me. After 15000+ words, the first story still doesn't go anywhere—maybe I should let it rest for now and give it another try next year—while the side-project looks okay-ish. I don't mind erasing parts of a story, but completely abandoning one?—maybe I have to get used to the idea.

Kill it.

I do it frequently. It's very liberating.

The best part is that for a guy like me, who writes vaguely interconnected stories, the abandoned stories still exist, still "happened," and can still lend context to the stories that end up seeing the light of day. I like that.

Most of them are even pretty good stories; they just don't "work" for me.

Four days until the start of the contest. Time to either finish that story you started or get serious about starting that story you hope to finish in time!

Four days until the start of the contest. Time to either finish that story you started or get serious about starting that story you hope to finish in time!

I think I'll have one - the backbone has sat in a file for a couple years, and the characters are back in my head every morning when I wake up: the best sign that the words will flow.

One more weekend; it's crunch time, folks!

At least for those of us from the Society of Procrastinators, lol. :D

As a 13 year old procrastinator, my mom got me a poster of a sad clown saying 'I'd like to procrastinate but I keep putting it off.'

I hung the poster in my room, laughed along with friends who saw it repeatedly. A year later, I got around to looking up 'procrastinate' in the dictionary and finally got the joke I had fake-laughed over for the past year.

I have my goof ball story done and ready but a serious entry?

Nadda.

My regular series characters won't leave me alone long enough to write something else - selfish bastards! :D

Alrighty. Submitted.

Let the games begin!

Yah, Voboy! Congrats.

Well, finally characters started talking in my head. Not the story or characters I was planning, but I'll roll with it. Now to see how much I can do in a day.

It's a light, fluffy romance, but it's something.

Happy writing everybody.

Darn that crept up on me, I kept thinking I had plenty of time, and wasn't in a hurry. Now I only have one, half done, and I'm thinking that that I might need a major rewrite on what I've done. The second one has barely more than a title and a very minimal outline.

I guess I'm living by the motto, "Never do today, what you can put off 'till tomorrow."

Darn that crept up on me, I kept thinking I had plenty of time, and wasn't in a hurry. Now I only have one, half done, and I'm thinking that that I might need a major rewrite on what I've done. The second one has barely more than a title and a very minimal outline.

I guess I'm living by the motto, "Never do today, what you can put off 'till tomorrow."

That only works until July 10 th...

Happy writing.

And I'm in. Frantic, but incredible day of writing.
I submitted my goofball fairy tale story and a more serious contender.

Good luck to all and happy writing and reading!

What a bizarre turn of events.

My serious story is pending for tomorrow, so that's all good.

My goofball fairy tale parody got rejected. I mean come on....by this point Little Red Riding Hood and Hansel and Gretel have to be at least a thousand years old each give or take a lot of decades.....:rolleyes:

So I had to do some fast editing, throwing "eighteen-years-of-age" with every "legal aged" reference to be clear.

I resubmitted and now we shall see.

Never had these problems with my last parody seven years ago (Apparently, Snow White, Prince Charming, Rapunzel and Goldilocks look older. :rolleyes:

Happy frantic writing every one!

Have fun and here's to a slew of wonderful stories to read.

Back