101 reasons why I love the British

Wanker. ... Ooh, no, you never need to. :D

Unless I want to watch him? :devil:

I think 'wanker' is well understood in the US now, but way back when, I was on placement from Uni for a year at a well known and (then) successful US computer company's site in the UK (think HAL...).

They used to send US staff on 3 month secondments to our site, and during my tenure we had such a secondment from a really sweet guy, whose name is sadly utterly lost to me. My manager decided to take him out and show him the local sites one weekend, and confided in me on the Monday that they'd had a near miss in his car.

Our US friend clearly also recalled the incident, and described it to us in the canteen at lunchtime. There was a pause, after which he asked, kind of loudly, "What's a 'wanker'?"

Cue utter silence in the canteen... :D

... Our US friend clearly also recalled the incident, and described it to us in the canteen at lunchtime. There was a pause, after which he asked, kind of loudly, "What's a 'wanker'?"

Cue utter silence in the canteen... :D

Choice!
But then! ... Did someone step up to education the poor lad? :D

The President of the US of A can have a cool time with our Head of State's great grandchildren when he comes over here. :)

The President of the US of A can have a cool time with our Head of State's great grandchildren when he comes over here. :)

Our head of state's great grandchild welcomes the president in his dressing gown and pyjamas...:D

Their response to 32C in September... :D

Wasn't 32C where I am, but I'm imagining unwise states of undress in public, acres of sore-looking puce skin, and whining about it being 'too hot'. :rolleyes:

We had an enormous thunderstorm in the evening, fabulous lightning, more than 3000 strikes per hour apparently, while it lasted, incredible to see in the dark.

Wasn't 32C where I am, but I'm imagining unwise states of undress in public, acres of sore-looking puce skin, and whining about it being 'too hot'. :rolleyes:

We had an enormous thunderstorm in the evening, fabulous lightning, more than 3000 strikes per hour apparently, while it lasted, incredible to see in the dark.
the above poster :)

The very-British uproar caused by Channel 4 purchasing a tent in a field for £25M.

It's a Great British tragedy! :D

Back