Choking a sub

Make sure you have a lawyer on retainer that's willing to take on a manslaughter charge.

There's information available online. You'll probably get a few people telling you how dangerous it is. Obviously do your own research, but I myself couldn't find any evidence of anything untoward happening where there were two consenting sober adults.

Not the windpipe.
Good Lord. Yes. Let's crush her trachea.

Please don't try this at home, kids.
KNOW your stuff first.

There's information available online. You'll probably get a few people telling you how dangerous it is. Obviously do your own research, but I myself couldn't find any evidence of anything untoward happening where there were two consenting sober adults.

This.
Who also, ya know, don't try to crush the windpipe.

Yeah - squeeze, don't push. I did also find some suggestions that actual bruising of the relevant tissue can lead to swelling later on - obviously having a swollen windpipe is less than ideal.
You don't really need to do much to get the desired effect - certainly not as far as you'd go if you actually wanted to kill someone.

Not the windpipe.
Good Lord. Yes. Let's crush her trachea.

Please don't try this at home, kids.
KNOW your stuff first.

What else would you call the throat? I didn't say hit it! Lol. Squeeze with gently increasing pressure. Obviously this is serious edgeplay. Non verbal safe words to be established, knowledge of your partners anatomy, their tollerences etc. in my experiences cutting off the air supply is safer then cutting off the blood supply... but with anything on the internet do research. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one...

What else would you call the throat? I didn't say hit it! Lol. Squeeze with gently increasing pressure. Obviously this is serious edgeplay. Non verbal safe words to be established, knowledge of your partners anatomy, their tollerences etc. in my experiences cutting off the air supply is safer then cutting off the blood supply... but with anything on the internet do research. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one...

This is going to sound rude but I cannot find a polite way to say this:

If you don't know the difference between "throat" and "windpipe", you should absolutely NOT be doing breathplay let alone advising others on how to do it. Like you say, it's serious business.

Um... since it is often the aim of breath play to have the subject pass out or nearly pass out, what exactly is the role of a 'safe word,' verbal or otherwise, here? I think this points up how misleading the term 'safe word' is. Establishing a safe word doesn't make the subject safer in this case, and may make them less safe if the person choking them out is actually relying on it in any way. In general, safe words are more about the sub having a sense of control over events than they are about safety. Safety comes from the person who has actual control knowing their shit, knowing their sub, and paying attention.
In the case of breath play, or choking someone out by compressing the carotid, players should be aware that even if you 'do it right,' the heart may stop, although it's unlikely. Knowing CPR is therefore a good idea. It's also good to be aware that compression of the chest or diaphragm can lead to hypoxia, and a bound subject may not be able to get enough air into the lungs quickly to recover from the effects of asphyxiation even when the main impediment to breathing is removed.
Doing breath play with a plastic bag or similar can lead to loading the blood with carbon monoxide, which can be fatal or cause permanent brain damage. Since CO binds to hemoglobin and prevents oxygen transfer for an extended period, a subject may continue to suffer significant damage even after they are allowed to breathe freely again. Treatment is generally done with 100% oxygen.

Do your own research, the above is by no means complete.

This is going to sound rude but I cannot find a polite way to say this:

If you don't know the difference between "throat" and "windpipe", you should absolutely NOT be doing breathplay let alone advising others on how to do it. Like you say, it's serious business.

:heart:

Um... since it is often the aim of breath play to have the subject pass out or nearly pass out, what exactly is the role of a 'safe word,' verbal or otherwise, here? I think this points up how misleading the term 'safe word' is. Establishing a safe word doesn't make the subject safer in this case, and may make them less safe if the person choking them out is actually relying on it in any way. In general, safe words are more about the sub having a sense of control over events than they are about safety. Safety comes from the person who has actual control knowing their shit, knowing their sub, and paying attention.
In the case of breath play, or choking someone out by compressing the carotid, players should be aware that even if you 'do it right,' the heart may stop, although it's unlikely. Knowing CPR is therefore a good idea. It's also good to be aware that compression of the chest or diaphragm can lead to hypoxia, and a bound subject may not be able to get enough air into the lungs quickly to recover from the effects of asphyxiation even when the main impediment to breathing is removed.
Doing breath play with a plastic bag or similar can lead to loading the blood with carbon monoxide, which can be fatal or cause permanent brain damage. Since CO binds to hemoglobin and prevents oxygen transfer for an extended period, a subject may continue to suffer significant damage even after they are allowed to breathe freely again. Treatment is generally done with 100% oxygen.

Is that true, the (nearly) passing out thing? It's definitely not my aim ...

I have experienced one form of choking, the inserting form, I have coughed and choked and gagged on cock until my eyes watered. My head being pushed and controlled. But I would never try asphyxiation type choking xx

I have experienced one form of choking, the inserting form, I have coughed and choked and gagged on cock until my eyes watered. My head being pushed and controlled. But I would never try asphyxiation type choking xx

That's a horse of a different color.
I like the gag, but I have to work on it. However, that's a gag. I never feel I'm gonna pass out from not breathing from sucking cock. I feel I'm going to throw up from a big cock down my throat.
Not sexy.
I'm, ummm, practicing.

If you are with someone who knows what he or she is doing, choke Fucking (carotid press) is amazing. 😍

I'm having flashbacks to fourth grade when a group of us would choke each other on the playground until we passed out for fun... (via carotid pressure) I distinctly remember the look of horror on the recess monitors face when she realized what we were doing.

I'm having flashbacks to fourth grade when a group of us would choke each other on the playground until we passed out for fun... (via carotid pressure) I distinctly remember the look of horror on the recess monitors face when she realized what we were doing.

...and it felt soooooo good.

This sounds so risky, I bet someone has died mucking about like this, but I guess that's why people do it for the risk factor xx

Holy shit, I admit that fourth-grade choking shocks me a bit. I have a third grader and i can't even imagine... Of course my kid is highly risk-averse, which is often frustrating but has its benefits!

Um... since it is often the aim of breath play to have the subject pass out or nearly pass out, what exactly is the role of a 'safe word,' verbal or otherwise, here? I think this points up how misleading the term 'safe word' is...
...Since CO binds to hemoglobin and prevents oxygen transfer for an extended period, a subject may continue to suffer significant damage even after they are allowed to breathe freely again. Treatment is generally done with 100% oxygen.

This! So much this!

There was an early response that seemed -as in the way I read it, the message appeared as if- to down play the risk of this activity. Like auto-erotic asphyxiation, breath play can go oblong really fast! Don't kid yourself, this is a risk activity. There is a reason police departments have banned sleeper holds, sometimes, the nap can be a long one.

But, if you want to engage in breath play, take the extra steps to be safe! Learn the anatomy, as was suggested. Know your partner and their limits. No the symptoms of failure and watch for the early signs.

Press, don't squeeze

Press with both hands apply pressure but don't grip the throat. This avoids those tell tale finger marks that get the family aski g questions. In terms of safety know your partner. Have them hold a ball and if it drops, you let go.
Pay attention, my sub can turn blue before passing out
I don't recommend using a belt it's scary as fuck when they pass out and you can't get to the buckle.

You don’t need to understand it at the cellular level, FFS.
No need for confusion.
Yes, it is a lack of oxygen to the brain, as a simple explanation.
And yes, stay away from the windpipe.

The rest of your post I can get behind, including method and time. :D

Back