Sybilrose - Far Above Rubies

Status
Not open for further replies.
catsr2wild said:
Oh you are a sneaky shit...I like that about you...as obviously did Anna.....no wonder she loved you with all her heart....
We talked about that towards the end - about how our life had been like one big assed rolly coaster ride.

She thanked me for that - for the wild ride. She said I had saved her - that if it were not for me she would have turned out like her Mom and her Sister and she would have hated her life.

It was because of me she said, that she had the guts to try the nursing... because of me she came out of her shell and let her sexuality fly.

It embarassed me some, and I told her that it was she that had saved me - kept me from turning into a drunk, and like the movie said, "made me want to be a better man."

All I ever did, really, was love her.

"Yes," she said, "you did do that."

elron77 said:
it is curious to me.....when I look back.....that the little things in life... are always the big things one remembers. You remember wondering about what her mom and dad thought...why?...not because their concerns are so special many years later, but because it was part of that time...when her eyes lit up like all the stars... from the present you had so carefully prepared. Sort of like the time you reached out and held her hand for the first time.... or saying "Goodbye" the first time you ever had to be parted.

Thank you for sharing these moments.
It is my blessing to share them - and I thank God for the memory to be able to do that.

LOL - the first time I held her hand was to lead her from the bar to our, the band's, table. What I remember thinking at the time was wondering if I was going to have to kick Tootie's ass - and if he had friends, would the drummer and my brother be able to handle them... :)

TheBloozeMan said:
We talked about that towards the end - about how our life had been like one big assed rolly coaster ride.

She thanked me for that - for the wild ride. She said I had saved her - that if it were not for me she would have turned out like her Mom and her Sister and she would have hated her life.

It was because of me she said, that she had the guts to try the nursing... because of me she came out of her shell and let her sexuality fly.

It embarassed me some, and I told her that it was she that had saved me - kept me from turning into a drunk, and like the movie said, "made me want to be a better man."

All I ever did, really, was love her.

"Yes," she said, "you did do that."

Very prophetic words Blooze....touching and tender moments shared the way they should be....

TheBloozeMan said:
It is my blessing to share them - and I thank God for the memory to be able to do that.

LOL - the first time I held her hand was to lead her from the bar to our, the band's, table. What I remember thinking at the time was wondering if I was going to have to kick Tootie's ass - and if he had friends, would the drummer and my brother be able to handle them... :)

Sorry I'm late, El. Would you have a cup of coffee for a stayabed sluggard? :D

Great story, Blooze. Heck, they are all great. :cool:

I think this is really good for us as well as good for you. Gives us a really good example of two people who loved each other, no matter what, and that was all that mattered. All the rest of the stuff would sorta take care of itself if you took care of your love.

And I think as time goes by and you work through all the wonderful memories that you have stored of all the things that you an Anne shared, you will come to realize that she will be happy as long as you are happy. Cause that was how you two were when you were at your best. That you left nothing undone. That you showed her all the time, in so many little ways, that you loved her and would always be there.

:D :rose: :D

MaverickMan said:
I think this is really good for us as well as good for you. Gives us a really good example of two people who loved each other, no matter what, and that was all that mattered. All the rest of the stuff would sorta take care of itself if you took care of your love.

And I think as time goes by and you work through all the wonderful memories that you have stored of all the things that you an Anne shared, you will come to realize that she will be happy as long as you are happy. Cause that was how you two were when you were at your best. That you left nothing undone. That you showed her all the time, in so many little ways, that you loved her and would always be there.

:D :rose: :D
What a nice thing to say... :) Thank you for that.

One of the darkest periods of my life was when we moved to Oklahoma, Christmas of '83. We'd lost everything - turned it all over to the bank, the house in Leadville, 4 trucks and a skidder, had to let the place in Buena Vista go back to the folks. All we had was what would fit in an old Dodge Aspen and a 3/4 ton flat bed pickup truck that I'd built out of parts from a junkyard. The girls had a kitten, about 4 months old, that went totally ape shit inside the car, and we didn't know exactly where we were going to land when we got to Oklahoma.

So Anne took the girls and struck out for Canyon City, and I'd be along as soon as I took care of the cat. I took it outside of town and shot it, but the fuckin' thing wouldn't die. I had to shoot it a couple more times.

I remember afterwards sitting in the truck, with the door open - how hard I cried. I don't know if I've ever cried harder. Such a miserable damned failure. I'd fucked everything to a fare-thee-well, let everybody down - and now we were heading out of town with our tails tucked between our legs, and I couldn't even shoot a fucking cat without fucking that up too...

It took a couple of years for me to pull out of that - and at times I could be a miserable shit. But Anne stuck with me - mostly she just loved me, but some times she'd get pissed and light into me. She'd explain how the mine had closed and everybody had lost their ass - we weren't the only ones. Hell, we'd lasted three years longer than most because of the logging business. We had food, we had a roof over our heads, and we had each other - that was enough.

And now, as I look back on it - we'd gone from $100,000 a year to $7,000 in one year, but in reality, our lives hadn't changed all that much - most of the $100k had gone into the business anyhow.

But it was that... that we always had a roof over our heads, and the kids never went to bed hungry, and we had each other. That was the constant. And the rest of that shit - it really didn't matter.

Last edited:
About six years ago I had to make an emergency run into Tulsa on Christmas Eve. I had written a couple programs for a pipeline outfit that transferred oil from Galvaston to Chicago and one of the operators had stepped on the Service and couldn't get it running again.

There as a Motel on the corner of the street where the pipeline's offices were located, and in the parking lot I saw a U-Haul truck, covered with dirty ice and towing an old car. I thought of our trip, through the ice storm in Kansas, fifteen years ago. I wanted to go back and stuff a couple hundred bucks in the truck window so that they'd find it in the morning, but I didn't have the cash, and it was too late to hit a bank. I prayed for them. Wished them the best.

"I know where you're coming from pard, been there, done that - got the shirt."

I think that U-Haul truck, sitting there in that cold, cold parking lot on Christmas Eve, is one of the saddest things I ever saw.

TheBloozeMan said:
About six years ago I had to make an emergency run into Tulsa on Christmas Eve. I had written a couple programs for a pipeline outfit that transferred oil from Galvaston to Chicago and one of the operators had stepped on the Service and couldn't get it running again.

There as a Motel on the corner of the street where the pipeline's offices were located, and in the parking lot I saw a U-Haul truck, covered with dirty ice and towing an old car. I thought of our trip, through the ice storm in Kansas, fifteen years ago. I wanted to go back and stuff a couple hundred bucks in the truck window so that they'd find it in the morning, but I didn't have the cash, and it was too late to hit a bank. I prayed for them. Wished them the best.

"I know where you're coming from pard, been there, done that - got the shirt."

I think that U-Haul truck, sitting there in that cold, cold parking lot on Christmas Eve, is one of the saddest things I ever saw.

Yeah, but just think, maybe they made it to the new start, worked hard together and lived happily ever after with a love stronger than before the sad trip. :rose:

Just like another couple we know! :cool:

I know you will never forget Annie, that you will think of her every day when you see something that stirs one of those vivid memories, but at some point you will hear her say,

"Okay, Macx, I know this has been tough for you, but you have done tough before. Get moving and when you need help, I'll kick one of our memories up to guide you."

And she'll slip that jean jacket on to show you that she'll always be there with you like a suit of armour, like you did when you first slipped it on her shoulders and she shed the protection she had used before. ;)

Your "Goin Steady Jackets"!
:cool: :D :cool:

TheBloozeMan said:
Perspective my man .. perspective. You think of a family strugglin' to make it ... barely getting by ... all because of where you've come from.

I'm thinkin' propane heater set up in the trailer ... sleeping bags fluffed up all over the bedding ... and 2 wild, horny-ass people deciding they need a break from driving and fucking and sucking the whole night away.

;)

OK ... so why in the hotel parking lot?!? :confused:

I'm guessin' cuz they were too horny to make it inside! :)

Top of the mornin' to ya blooze! :nana:

TheBloozeMan said:
Sorry that took so long folks - throw some fire under that gravy El, I think I'll have me another round... :)

It was well worth waiting for. You write so beautifully, everything comes alive reading you.

:rose: :kiss:

MaverickMan said:
Yeah, but just think, maybe they made it to the new start, worked hard together and lived happily ever after with a love stronger than before the sad trip. :rose:

Just like another couple we know! :cool:

I know you will never forget Annie, that you will think of her every day when you see something that stirs one of those vivid memories, but at some point you will hear her say,

"Okay, Macx, I know this has been tough for you, but you have done tough before. Get moving and when you need help, I'll kick one of our memories up to guide you."

And she'll slip that jean jacket on to show you that she'll always be there with you like a suit of armour, like you did when you first slipped it on her shoulders and she shed the protection she had used before. ;)

Your "Goin Steady Jackets"!
:cool: :D :cool:
That is always what I hoped, that they'd made it - that they hadn't let it whip them, and that they were doing well.

When we lived in that drafty old house in Leadville we used to sleep naked together, especially after we'd made love. We'd stay snuggled under the covers, her head resting partly on my shoulder, and partly on the pillow so I didn't wake up crippled in the morning, her leg over mine, her sopping fresh fucked pussy snuggled up to my thigh. She would fall asleep and I would listen to her breathe, listen to her heart beat, feel her breath on my neck. She breathed fast, shallow quick breaths, about 2 or 3 to my one, and her heart beat much faster than mine. I used to try to mental telepathy her, slow her down - try to bring her rhythm to mine... Easy honey, slow down... slow down Punkin, you gonna spin a bearing if you keep that up...

And while I lay there, listening to her engine, I would replay the evening. Trying to make sure I wouldn't forget any of it. Somehow I knew even then, that it was important that I remember it all. And I'd analyze this and that - figure how I could do it next time so that it was better for her.

Early this morning, I laid back down, trying to get back to sleep, and I tried to conjure up the sensations of how it felt to have her sleep with me like that, the weight of her head, the heat of her against my thigh, her breath, her heartbeat. I concentrated on every nuance of the experience, and the next thing I knew, it was 4:30 and El had breakfast ready... :D

TomOne said:
Perspective my man .. perspective. You think of a family strugglin' to make it ... barely getting by ... all because of where you've come from.

I'm thinkin' propane heater set up in the trailer ... sleeping bags fluffed up all over the bedding ... and 2 wild, horny-ass people deciding they need a break from driving and fucking and sucking the whole night away.

;)

OK ... so why in the hotel parking lot?!? :confused:

I'm guessin' cuz they were too horny to make it inside! :)

Top of the mornin' to ya blooze! :nana:
LOL - so tell us Tom, what was in your hand when you woke up this morning? :D

ran57gr said:
It was well worth waiting for. You write so beautifully, everything comes alive reading you.

:rose: :kiss:
Ah, it makes me feel so good when you say that... :) :kiss: :rose:

How goes your day Punkin?

TheBloozeMan said:
LOL - so tell us Tom, what was in your hand when you woke up this morning? :D
I think ran lovingly refers to it as 14 inches of the most beautiful hunk of manly meat she's ever seen. But then mav gets all pissy and elby burns the damned eggs on purpose, so why don't we just call it Fred for now, k?!? ;)

TheBloozeMan said:
See, that was the problem... I always thought the first rule was, "If you're going to do something, then become, or at least strive to become, the best in the world at it...

I don't normally bat in this league either...

I discussed the problem with my daughter this morning as we were going to pick up her husband's chair. She thought it was a hoot - she suggested that I develop a contract. So I started working on the verbiage...

"Me, the fuck buddy of the first part, and you, the fuck buddy of the second..."

By then she had her hands over her ears and was going "la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la..." I guess she didn't want to help me with the wording for this contract, so we talked about something else.
Well for me the cardinal rule of life has been to enjoy myself. If you spend all your time trying to be the absolute BEST then you will always be looking at others instead of focusing on your own playing, BUT if you just focus on having fun with your playing then you will be focusing on your own playing.
I think the best way to play is to be able to play a song that you like and to be able to finish the song with a big smile because it made you happy to play it.

I think you may have overloaded your daughter with that kind of contract.
That sounds like it would be Lee's sort of thing to write up. :rolleyes:

TomOne said:
I think ran lovingly refers to it as 14 inches of the most beautiful hunk of manly meat she's ever seen. But then mav gets all pissy and elby burns the damned eggs on purpose, so why don't we just call it Fred for now, k?!? ;)
I think you are forgeting that Ran is in Europe so it is much more likely she said it was the most beautiful 14 CENTIMETERS she has ever seen.

Hey it's me and you again Macx..hitting the road again :D Now you be real good cause the roads are going to be packed with crazy ass holiday shoppers..the sun is shining here it's a beautiful day!... :kiss:

Beam_of_lite said:
Hey it's me and you again Macx..hitting the road again :D Now you be real good cause the roads are going to be packed with crazy ass holiday shoppers..the sun is shining here it's a beautiful day!... :kiss:
Otay... I be good... :eek:

Damn woman, how am I 'sposed to be good when your skirt rides up like that gettin' into the car? Huh?? This ain't fair... be good my ass... ;) :devil:

Have a good 'un Punkin, and don't let 'em git ya down... :kiss: :)

DiJiT said:
That sounds like it would be Lee's sort of thing to write up. :rolleyes:

Hey Bear, we need a contract - "Consentual Carnal Knowledge without Strings" or something like that... :D

So, you know how I told you a little bit ago about the sneakin' presents in with other presents? Last year turned out a bit different. She wanted the sewing machine, and really thought that was all she was getting. And she was already burned at me because she couldn't figure out what to get me. She used to belly ache about it all the time. "You're impossible to buy for!"

I'd appologize, although I don't know why, it wasn't my fault - dammit! It's just the way it was. I always had hobbies of one sort or another going - books galore, study, study, study - guns, cars, fly fishing, guitars, whatever it was at the moment. But the things I needed were too specific, or too damned expensive, and there was nothing to do but save up for it. So she'd write me a check and tell me to put it toward the new camshaft or whatever. And later on we'd spend it on groceries and she'd get even pissed-offerer...

Well, that Camera was pretty damned expensive, and the $500 shopping trip to get a gig bag and some filters and stuff tossed in - well that was the straw. She was tickled about the camera, but she was major pissed this time. She never got to get me anything nice and she was hacked about it.

I calmed her down by explaining that the new Version of Forza was due out any time and I was going to gear up big time for it, HD big screen, racing seat and wheel, not to mention the XBox 360 - and that was going to eat a hole right in the middle of a $2000 dollar bill. And she made me promise, I mean really promise, that I would get it this time, and not shine it on like I'd done so many times before.

Well, I shined it on again - but I think I have the promise covered, at least the spirit of the promise. I bought a new guitar and amp today... :) Pissed away $1400 bucks so fast it could make your head swim. There's pictures of it below, along with the Austin.

It sounds good, and I'm excited about it. I sat in with a bunch of older than me farts at the music store today. They were passing a mic around, singing old Hank Williams songs, and Faron Young, and Bobby Bare... that kind of stuff. And it sounded like hell for the most part, but it was a hoot. They do it every Saturday afternoon. I may stop by again next Saturday, see can we make the dawgs howl some more...

And I think Anne is pleased with that - me playing the guitar again. Maybe she'll let me slide on the video game... ;)

Attachments

• FenderFrt.jpg
    FenderFrt.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 12
  • FenderBck.jpg
    FenderBck.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 9
  • AustinFrt.jpg
    AustinFrt.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
TheBloozeMan said:
So, you know how I told you a little bit ago about the sneakin' presents in with other presents? Last year turned out a bit different. She wanted the sewing machine, and really thought that was all she was getting. And she was already burned at me because she couldn't figure out what to get me. She used to belly ache about it all the time. "You're impossible to buy for!"

I'd appologize, although I don't know why, it wasn't my fault - dammit! It's just the way it was. I always had hobbies of one sort or another going - books galore, study, study, study - guns, cars, fly fishing, guitars, whatever it was at the moment. But the things I needed were too specific, or too damned expensive, and there was nothing to do but save up for it. So she'd write me a check and tell me to put it toward the new camshaft or whatever. And later on we'd spend it on groceries and she'd get even pissed-offerer...

Well, that Camera was pretty damned expensive, and the $500 shopping trip to get a gig bag and some filters and stuff tossed in - well that was the straw. She was tickled about the camera, but she was major pissed this time. She never got to get me anything nice and she was hacked about it.

I calmed her down by explaining that the new Version of Forza was due out any time and I was going to gear up big time for it, HD big screen, racing seat and wheel, not to mention the XBox 360 - and that was going to eat a hole right in the middle of a $2000 dollar bill. And she made me promise, I mean really promise, that I would get it this time, and not shine it on like I'd done so many times before.

Well, I shined it on again - but I think I have the promise covered, at least the spirit of the promise. I bought a new guitar and amp today... :) Pissed away $1400 bucks so fast it could make your head swim. There's pictures of it below, along with the Austin.

It sounds good, and I'm excited about it. I sat in with a bunch of older than me farts at the music store today. They were passing a mic around, singing old Hank Williams songs, and Faron Young, and Bobby Bare... that kind of stuff. And it sounded like hell for the most part, but it was a hoot. They do it every Saturday afternoon. I may stop by again next Saturday, see can we make the dawgs howl some more...

And I think Anne is pleased with that - me playing the guitar again. Maybe she'll let me slide on the video game... ;)

Cool!

I'll bet Annie is just a grinnin' real big at that. Because you know she loved you playing. :rose: :D :cool:

I think she got you a really wonderful Christmas present. :D

MaverickMan said:
Cool!

I'll bet Annie is just a grinnin' real big at that. Because you know she loved you playing. :rose: :D :cool:

I think she got you a really wonderful Christmas present. :D

I agree.... :D :D

MaverickMan said:
And I actually think she surprised you this time, as silly as that sounds. :cool: :D
I had just told Shreik the story and said that she was looking down clapping her hands and giggling that she finally got him....

MaverickMan said:
And I actually think she surprised you this time, as silly as that sounds. :cool: :D
You know - I agree with you. I went in the store to buy a capo - the one that I had for the Austin sucked. And maybe some thumb picks. I had no intention what so ever to buy a guitar, let alone an amplifier too.

And what's really funny is that Jericho and my grandson came in while I was dickerin' with the guy on the final price. She laughed her ass off (of all gin joints in all the towns...) - and then had to query me about what all did I get? I think she was there to get me a tuner for Christmas. I told her, and she said "nothing else, okay?"

I laughed and said, "Don't you want to know which tuner I want?"

She stuck her nose in the air and told me I may not get it now. Then she told me to go play guitar with the old farts and left...

Last edited:
TheBloozeMan said:
You know - I agree with you. I went in the store to buy a capo - the one that I had for the Austin sucked. And maybe some thumb picks. I had no intention what so ever to buy a guitar, let alone an amplifier too.

And what's really funny is that Jericho and my grandson came in while I was dickerin' with the guy on the final price. She laughed her ass off (of all gin joints in all the towns...) - and then had to query me about what all did I get? I think she was there to get me a tuner for Christmas. I told her, and she said "nothing else, okay?"

I laughed and said, "Don't you want to know which tuner I want?"

She stuck her nose in the air and told me I may not get it now. Then she told to me go play guitar with the old farts and left...

Damn, I guess she got all of Annie's genes. LMAO. :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back