The Stephen King fanwrites thread

Magnetron

Deep Under Groundhog
This is not a challenge thread, so don't panic.

Post anything inspired by the writings of Stephen King.

Part of my book for you sir :p

Though at night after everyone was sleeping her older sister read to her sometimes. She would remember mainly one book from Steven King “The Howling.” Her sister said she would only read the good parts to her. It wasn’t like other books. As her sister read she closed her eyes and became that person in the story every time. For this particular book she was locked in the bathroom and the man came in to rape her and bite her. She again was sexual; she felt the words as much as she heard them. Her body alive to the thoughts and the pictures the words portrayed. She had no idea what it meant but she could feel it ever so deeply as she had felt the strangers hands on her body and she was torn without understanding. Having no idea what it meant she laid there and listened and dreamed and imagined the feeling all over again.

The Festival Of Fetus

Twilight leading into night
Bleeding dry a sky of pure blue
The Unseen
Thing that should not be
Rapidly approaching
There right behind you
In the maze of corn stalks
The Unformed
Beast no one dare talks about
During daylight
Tumble weeding Main Street parades
Through a rural ghost town
Where all the grown ups
Are cut down
In ritualistic sacrifices appeasing
Sowing, seeding, replenishing
Feeding
The Unknown
Demon lurking within the maize
Committed by generations of inbred children
Still born and raised
In hallowed wombs of fertile Chosen
Year long is the celebration
An endless Beginning and End of Days
The Festival of Fetus from which grows the crop
Hollow headed scarecrows who never stop
Mouthing made up words to forgotten hymns
In sing along singsong praising
The Harvest Evenin' King

Well worded sir love this one :p

Methinks reorganizing the words makes for a slightly better reading

I think sir I like the first one better ...it reads smoother for me ...but im just weird so ! I think the breaks play better in the first one as I read it ...

I think in all honesty all I would change would be combining feeding the unknown on the same line ...reading it sounds as if there's to many breaks in that one spot ...maybe put demon up with uknown and start the next line with lurking :p

Feeding The Unknown

Last edited:
Sharing Is Caring (Rose Red)

Annie's dolls are made of lead, but Annie doesn't mind
She likes the way they're painted and the taste they leave behind
They only speak when spoken to and never walk away
Annie's dolls are perfect, but Annie's in the way

I think sir I like the first one better ...it reads smoother for me ...but im just weird so ! I think the breaks play better in the first one as I read it ...

I think in all honesty all I would change would be combining feeding the unknown on the same line ...reading it sounds as if there's to many breaks in that one spot ...maybe put demon up with uknown and start the next line with lurking :p

Feeding The Unknown

I think I'm done rewriting the darn thing for now.

Shoot me in the head if I tamper with it anymore.

Annie's dolls are made of lead, but Annie doesn't mind
She likes the way they're painted and the taste they leave behind
They only speak when spoken to and never walk away
Annie's dolls are perfect, but Annie's in the way

I've watched Rose Red about 20 times. :eek:

It scared me to death when I watched it as the miniseries on TV. I think it's the suspense of waiting between the shows. You have the DVD(s) I assume?

It scared me to death when I watched it as the miniseries on TV. I think it's the suspense of waiting between the shows. You have the DVD(s) I assume?

Yup and they are scratched to holy hell.

You rub it into the DVDs and then polish it off before they are dry. It smells like wasp-spray. :D

You rub it into the DVDs and then polish it off before they are dry. It smells like wasp-spray. :D

Given the price of DVDs these days, it'd prolly be cheaper to buy new ones.

Just put the damn movies on Netflix!

Speaking of movies and Netflix, I watched Kubrick's version of The Shining yesterday and

OMG WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP

People consider Kubrick to be a genius, but he certainly wasn't when it came to that book.

Aaah! I can't believe they remade that! Anthony Burgess is the one that scares me.

Speaking of movies and Netflix, I watched Kubrick's version of The Shining yesterday and

OMG WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP

People consider Kubrick to be a genius, but he certainly wasn't when it came to that book.

Stephen King was not happy with that movie, either.

Stephen King was not happy with that movie, either.

I know and with good reason. He eventually cames to terms with having his work butchered because in the end, his books were his books and the movies he had no hand in making did not change his books.

Back