December challenge - Endings/New Beginnings

still waiting for inspiration to knock me on my buttski - fingers crossed, maybe today :)

I think I can. I'm home from my trip to Arizona on th 11th so there could be a moment for poetry in time.

5 DAYS Y'ALL

Ok, that's enough hollarin' just wanted to remind everyone that the 14th is the deadline to get a piece for this challenge in.

I will PM everyone on the 15th with the piece they're to play with.

Thee-a thee-a that's all for now :D

I am not sure I am going to be able to get mine done :( ...think I set my bar to high when I said I wouldn't even use taint evil and stuff like that hehe ...will do my best dear!

I know, I know. I am desperately hunting for bunnies. I swear I will find one in time.

2BA72DA100000578-3210389-image-a-27_1440516318230.jpg

Y'all have until this evening. I will forward all the pieces on tonight for y'all to begin playing with.

Ok y'all, I'm going to start sending each of you your inspiration pieces.

You have until the evening of 28th to submit your second piece. I will create a new thread and put the pairs in as you get them back to me. I will not put names to pieces until New Year's Day.

Trix, remind me how this works. Are the poems sent to other participants randomly, or are you orchestrating things and being the matchmaker? After looking at the poem I received, I suspect the latter. ;)

Also, we are to write a spin-off poem that addresses the same thematic material -- do I have that right? Are there any other guidelines?

Trix, remind me how this works. Are the poems sent to other participants randomly, or are you orchestrating things and being the matchmaker? After looking at the poem I received, I suspect the latter. ;)

Also, we are to write a spin-off poem that addresses the same thematic material -- do I have that right? Are there any other guidelines?

LOL, no I did not orchestrate who got who's pieces, I intentionally left that to chance.

The challenge is about Endings, Beginnings and Change. Endings and Beginnings was the first portion, the second is changing the piece you received. You may do whatever you like with it. Edit it, use a line or whatever portion strikes your fancy in a new piece, or simply use whatever feeling the piece evokes to create a new piece. When I post the pieces, part of the guessing challenge will be to figure out which piece came first.

I'm surprised at how quickly I've received so many replies. The speed and quality of the responses seems to indicate y'all are having a good time with this one.

I know I usually work faster when I have something as inspiration, seems the same is true of many of you as well.

I'm surprised at how quickly I've received so many replies. The speed and quality of the responses seems to indicate y'all are having a good time with this one.

I know I usually work faster when I have something as inspiration, seems the same is true of many of you as well.

I think that's true of challenges in general, Trix.

Thanks for being the honcho for this one.

Pairing number 6: I'll hazard the guess that "Hindsight" was the original poem and "Vision" the response poem. I like the ironic twist at the end of "Hindsight". Somehow it got lost in the translation to "Vision."

In pairing #9, the two "Phoenix" poems: both are intriguing. In the second one, "Phoenix", I very much like the image of a "womb of flame." But I was let down by the final lines:

and rendered him back down
to his original state of
seeming innocence.

Those struck me as being prosaic; it would have been nice to say it indirectly, using metaphor.

Back