Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Sexual Role Playing

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 01-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master
 
DungeonsOfDread's Avatar
 
DungeonsOfDread is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,295
Gem of the Flanaess(Closed for AlysaNewport)

The mighty city of Greyhawk stood proudly in the morning light of the day. The streets were showing the first signs of life as early risers began their day and late sleepers ended theirs.

An early morning mist was starting to form at the top of the rooftops blocking most of the light; the effect gave the town an ominous feel as if the day might bring something more than just the general hustle and bustle of city life.



A newly established Tavern sat quiet in the Thieves Quarter. The building itself was modestly designed with two glassed windows at the front and a strong wooden door in the centre. The brickwork was normal by modern standards aside from the unique tinge of maroon. Just above the door a wooden sign hung proudly "Immortas" in clear black writing in an unknown style.

Inside the tavern housed several sets of tables and chairs which at this time of the morning were ordered neatly in rows of three. On the far side of the room sat the all important bar, with its long bench that matched the length of the room and several stools below it presented the perfect location for one to order all manner to alcoholic beverages. The eastern side of the room housed a long wooden staircase that led to the upper levels where one could purchase accommodation. On the western side, one could see a small stage for evening performances, some of which were so exotic they'd never been seen in any other part of the land.

All in all the tavern seemed normal by most standards, however if one were to ask the locals when it was established or how long had it been running no one would be able to answer. The most common response was that "Immortas" has always been there, apart of Greyhawk they would say.




It was on this very morning, inside the quiet dank walls of Immortas sat a lone Dwarf, he seemed anxious and impatient. His long flowing beard touched the table; its bright red tinge a start contrast to his sun tanned skin. The Dwarven made chain mail covered his bulky frame and his powerful Great axe hung proudly at his back. He appeared to be waiting for someone and it seemed that they were late.



__________________
Writing Profile

Last edited by DungeonsOfDread : 01-14-2013 at 09:14 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2013, 01:58 AM   #2
AlysaNewport
Bisexual Guru
 
AlysaNewport's Avatar
 
AlysaNewport is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lurking behind you in the shadows..
Posts: 10,375
Alysa stood center of the council, her deep crimson robe wrapped around her small human petite form. Her blue orbs burned with flame as she listened to the Archmage banish her from the academy upon grounds of demonic summoning. A triumphed up charge for reasons she did not know nor did for that matter, but there was no arguing with the Archmage nor the council whom always falls scared of him and thus agrees with what he wants, and for some unknown reason he wanted her gone. Her sixth year and now she was an outcast of the highest order in Flanaess. Her mentor informed her to be prepared for this banishment and would be asked to leave the city with her disgrace. He told her for her to be able to return she must prove her worth to the council and repel the shadow of her disgrace. He informed her that he know someone whom was an outcast himself would help her for it would help him as well. She was to meet him in a tavern that was well known to the mages guild and other powerful members of the society.

When the Archmage finished she pushed back some of her red hair back over her ear and slightly bowed to the old man and his self-proclaimed wisdom. There was nothing she could say nor do at this moment. Therefore, she pulled the hood up over her head and walked out of the chamber. Reached down upon exiting the chamber and grabbed her backpack, which she packed moments after her mentor was finished informing her of what was going to happen. She slowly turned and glandered back at the grand council chamber her dreams of being upon that alter now dull and painful. She wiped away a tear that escaped its confinement.

She released a heavy sigh upon turning away from the grand doors and headed out into the city. All of her worldly possessions fit into the small backpack that was tossed over her shoulder. Her small purse held a few coins maybe three gold coins in all. That would have to grow if she was to life comfortably. She had no idea as of yet what to do to regain her position in the mages guild nor when and if that would ever happen. Therefore, she did what was the only route for her to take and that was to find this Dwarf.

Therefore, without further delay she headed for this tavern, finding it was easy with all the tales about its mystery. She stood outside for a few moments then proceeded to walk in. Her eyes darting about for only a few seconds as she spotted the dwarf. She took a deep breath and made her move toward him. Her mind going over what she knew about dwarfs, they were a proud folk, a little mouthy and arrogant but that also described her folk as well.

“Greetings Master Dwarf, I’m Alysa Clovendale, Mage of the sixth year. She spit out her name and title to him. Her hand extended in a greeting gesture.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2013, 05:03 AM   #3
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master
 
DungeonsOfDread's Avatar
 
DungeonsOfDread is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,295
Dm

The Dwarf looked at you with strong contempt, you could tell he was as thrilled to be there as you were. He looked around at the rest of the tavern before speaking, to your right sat a human male, his head was covered by a long hood and his bow rested against the table. Further along a group of halflings sat quietly enjoying their morning breakfast chatting away incessantly about the current state of affairs in the city.

"Keep ya voice down lass, this not be the place to be flaunt'n yer name and wares." The Dwarf whispered harshly appraising your attire as well as your open stature. He motioned for you to sit down.

"My name be Northac, formerly of the Stonebeard clan. I don't know what ye after exactly, all I can say is me profession involves doing jobs for the little folk round these parts and gett'n paid in the process. I can't say I'm fond of ye magic users with all ye hocus pocus, I prefer me strong armor and a sharp axe over anything." Northac hammered his hand against his chest and lightly touched the edge of the axe on his back.

"Look, if ye still interested then I do have a few jobs that need doing. Just say the word." He offered.
__________________
Writing Profile
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2013, 05:45 AM   #4
AlysaNewport
Bisexual Guru
 
AlysaNewport's Avatar
 
AlysaNewport is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lurking behind you in the shadows..
Posts: 10,375
Alysa raised her eyebrow at the retort tone of the dwarf. She did allow her gaze to drift by each patron, obviously Alysa not seeing the danger that the dwarf spotted among the patrons. She shrugged her shoulders lightly. Came back and focused upon the dwarf, another raise of the brow when she watched his meaty hand tapping on the chair next to him. Did he think that she was some child that needed to be told when and where to sit, how and where to speak was an insult to her status. She snorted her defiance for a moment then took a seat as if it was her idea to sit down.

She licked her lips when he introduced himself and his ill tendencies toward mages. She shook her head slightly at the warrior’s creed crap she has always heard during her rise over the years and it always ended up the arcane arts saving the day. Nevertheless, she was not going to retort his delusion of grandeur over some pitiful statement of the arcane arts being that of Hocus Pocus nonsense.

“I would not be here if I had a choice Northac, so yes I’m interested but let me make one thing clear. I am a mage, not a magic user!” She hated that term, it made her feel less than what she was. She was a wielder of the arcane arts. “So what jobs are we talking about?” she looked upon him now with a higher standing than she was just a few moments ago…
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2013, 06:59 AM   #5
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master
 
DungeonsOfDread's Avatar
 
DungeonsOfDread is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,295
Dm

Northac seemed quite taken aback by your strong willed response but then quickly regained his composure.

"I don't care what ye like to be called just keep ye magic away from me." he responded slightly annoyed with her.

Looking around the room again and seemingly satisfied with the limited privacy he pulled out three pieces of paper.

"Three jobs of interest. Have a look and see what interests ya. Oh and before you get greedy I'll let ya know that the cut is seventy, fourty my way." he exclaimed confidently.

The three parchments displayed before you are as follows:

=====================================================
WANTED: Pest Control

REWARD:100g 50s

DETAILS: Kobold pests stealing food from a cellar

CONTACT: Sarda Thornheart, 'Sarda Fresh Produce', Slums Quarter

=====================================================

WANTED: Guard/Escort

REWARD: 200g

DETAILS: Escort an item from Greyhawk to Elmshire

CONTACT: Zort Feebleton, House 52, May Street, High Quarter

=====================================================

WANTED: Treasure Hunter

REWARD: Any other treasure found.

DETAILS: Delve into abandoned ruins to seek out a hidden treasure, location revealed on contact.

CONTACT: Ask for Timmoth, Guildhall of Architects &Stonemasons, Artisans Quarter.

=====================================================
__________________
Writing Profile
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2013, 08:02 AM   #6
AlysaNewport
Bisexual Guru
 
AlysaNewport's Avatar
 
AlysaNewport is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lurking behind you in the shadows..
Posts: 10,375
A brow rose over Alysa’s eye once more at the strong response from the dwarf, knowing full well that titles do account to one’s ego and she was going to prove it. “That is fine call me what you will Master Halfling and I will you as well.” She eyed him with a little sarcastic glare in her eye. She could not show this dwarf a weakness within her for that would have been the end of it. She had to stand her ground and sling the shit right back at him to gain is confidence in her.

“And by the way that will be sixty, forty your way, you fool use your fingers.” she shook her head slightly in a humorous way for now he was testing her flair in paying attention in a moment of heated debate. She liked him and would learn a lot from this one. She smiled at him as she looked at the notes. If nothing else, it was going to be a humorous adventure.

She leans into him, playing his game of keeping his jobs secret. Whispering to him.” I think we should do the Kobolds first, ye strong armor and sharpie should be able to handle them while I read my magic users book.” She rolled her eyes slightly, “Then I suggest we do the treasurer map quest at least find its location for if its on the way to Elmshire we could knock out both at once or finish the escort job then on the way back find the treasure. That would be my suggestion, but you being the master mind of …” she couldn’t think of anything proper so she didn’t finish that statement, “So what do you think?”
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2013, 08:16 AM   #7
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master
 
DungeonsOfDread's Avatar
 
DungeonsOfDread is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,295
Northac eyes turned dark you insulted him so openly, after finishing you initial rant he began to smile widely.

"Perhaps ye and I will get along quite well. You listen well I see; sixty, forty it be then" he responded clearly amused by your cheek.

When you leaned in close, his whole body tensed as if expecting an attack then after you began to speak about the quests he relaxed.

"It's seems ye aren't just a pretty face after all. I never been known as a master of the mind, I let me axe to the talking and me armor do the listening but since yer new to the trade I'll let ya lead on this one." He whispered back. Northac stood up from the table. You spot the others in the tavern look over at his sudden movement. With a huff he strutted out of the tavern not even looking back to see if you followed.
__________________
Writing Profile
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #8
AlysaNewport
Bisexual Guru
 
AlysaNewport's Avatar
 
AlysaNewport is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lurking behind you in the shadows..
Posts: 10,375
She knew he was testing her and was happy that she was correct for it was not wise insulting a dwarf’s warrior in the open, let alone insulting one at all, but she had to get past that confidence point with him. He now would stand at her side and protect her. Even if she made the mistake, he would correct her afterwards but would not allow harm to come her.

She noticed his unease when she closed in to whisper to him and then when he rose how tension shot upward around the tavern, she noticed the Halflings became alarmed to his standing but the human remained eased. She looked at the Dwarf not waiting for her she decides to converse with the human. “Pardon me good sir.” She approached the human, judging him to be a ranger of sorts. “I have a destination to travel to and was wondering if thee could show me the best route to get there. I look for the quickest way to” she leans into him and whispers to him while looking at the Halflings. “Elmshire. May ye be of service?” She looked into his face…
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #9
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master
 
DungeonsOfDread's Avatar
 
DungeonsOfDread is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,295
Dm



The human looked at you with suspicion, although most of his head was covered by the hood you can just make out some of his features. His face seemed young but his eyes told a different story, the striking blue orbs burned deeply searching for your intentions. After a short time he looked away from you staring back at the half finished mug in front of him.

"Elmshire ah? Well everyone knows that the High Road is the best way to Elmshire but seeing as you're in here ask'n someone like me, am I to assume you don't want to be follow'n the main paths?" he spoke with a smooth confident drawl that could sent shivers down even the most steadfast soul.

"If that's the case, then I don't come cheap. I hope the prize is worth the cost." He looked back at you, this time appraising your whole body. With a quick smile he returns his attention back to the all important mug.
__________________
Writing Profile

Last edited by DungeonsOfDread : 01-17-2013 at 03:35 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #10
AlysaNewport
Bisexual Guru
 
AlysaNewport's Avatar
 
AlysaNewport is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lurking behind you in the shadows..
Posts: 10,375
She slightly withdrew her head from the stranger, her gaze faltering at his intense glare. Her mind traveled back to her mentor when she first met him for he had the face of age, but the eyes of power, confidence, and warning. She reared slightly back from him partially from him, but mostly from the image of her mentor for this day she stilled feared him. She blinked and shook her head trying to dislodge the images that were burned into her memory of time long passed, and now the face of his shall be haunting her memories.

His words more fierce than his orbs of penetrating blue, brought forth a chill the left Alysa with a quivering lower lip, what has she awoken from this human was not wanting her to retreat back not only in space but time before she even approached this human. Her head turned back toward the direction that Northac went, wishing to see is brawny form standing close at hand.

Her gaze falls back just in time to see his gaze taking in her features with a smile she was so accustomed in seeing from the male students at the academy. She wished now that she did not trample upon this man’s path and followed Northac, but her curiosity drew her to the preverbal phrase of the moth to the flame.

She back pedaled from the man’s table, “I beg for your forgiveness. I have trespassed upon your space and have interrupted your moment of tranquility with your drink.” Her eyes looking way from the man as she continued to backpedal away from him. Her mind giving her the memories of her mentors warnings of her curiosity when she found his alchemy chambers.

She turned away toward the direction where Northac went…
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #11
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master
 
DungeonsOfDread's Avatar
 
DungeonsOfDread is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,295
Dm

The male looked at you again, his brow furrowed and stare transformed from annoyance to curiosity. As you slowly backed away his eyes narrowed on you as if gazing deeply within your soul.



The large wooden door creeked as you exit the tavern. Like leaving a silent shroud of mystery the sudden smells, sounds and sights of the Thieves Quarter in Greyhawk assaulted you. Citizens traveled to and fro along the busy street, some running others dawdling. Peddlers are calling out, flaunting their wares at.

"DISCOUNTED PRICES! HERE, NOW, TODAY. GET IT FRESH, GET IT RIPE, GET IT NOW"


Several small children dashed past brushing past your legs suddenly, you saw man behind them in hot pursuit yelling.

"STOP THEM! They stole my bag."


Further down the street amongst the throng of people you saw Northac, despite his low stature his large war axe and heavy armor made him easy to spot.
__________________
Writing Profile

Last edited by DungeonsOfDread : 01-18-2013 at 12:31 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #12
AlysaNewport
Bisexual Guru
 
AlysaNewport's Avatar
 
AlysaNewport is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lurking behind you in the shadows..
Posts: 10,375
She with a most certain glee pulls the wooden door shut. She stood in the doorway for a few moments trying to calm the trembling of her body by taking deep, slow breaths. She closed her eyes and searched for Sanctuary as she always does when she meditates for her spells. Her fear of this man was from an unknown reaction to his demeanor. She had no knowledge nor has ever seen him before but the darkness of his nature shocked her very soul.

Soon the whiff of pipe smoke, spice and the scent of freshly brewed ale had awoken her from her state of disassociation. Her blue orbs scanned the streets and soon found her object of slightly panicked search. She slowly moved toward Northac, she brushed up against his solid frame like a child clinging to its mother. She looked back at the tavern to make sure the man wasn’t following her. She brought her gaze back to the dwarf, fear still lingering in her eyes and upon her face. She tried to speak but nothing would come free of her throat, even her very air was labored and heavy.

Finally through a croaked voice she managed to speak, “Do you seek distance from that human back in the tavern. The one that eyes bore to you soul and brings chills to you spine by his tone of voice?” She begins to tremble once more by just thinking of the man’s eyes and the tone of his voice.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 08:07 PM   #13
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master
 
DungeonsOfDread's Avatar
 
DungeonsOfDread is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,295
Dm

Northac didn't initially acknowledge your presence, he seemed intent on keeping his eyes focused on the paths ahead. Most folk stepped aside as he passed, his keen confident stride not faltering in presence of any obstacle.

"Yer in the real world now lass, ya should'nt be dabbling in things you don't understand." he warned with a deep growl in his voice.

"Now let's get moving, the quicker we get to the Slums the quicker we can leave." he suggested.

With your keen intellect and knowledge of the city you can tell that Northac seemed to be taking the long way. It would up to you whether to mention it or not.
__________________
Writing Profile
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2013, 03:20 AM   #14
AlysaNewport
Bisexual Guru
 
AlysaNewport's Avatar
 
AlysaNewport is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lurking behind you in the shadows..
Posts: 10,375
She bit her lower lip while looking back over her shoulder now and then. “The way he looked at Me.” she whispered but not to him but just openly as if she was talking to herself. She couldn’t shake the gaze from her as if he was still in the crowd watching her. She moved closer to Northac obviously scared of something and felt better being near the dwarf that she just met moments ago.

His words were like a heated dagger stabbing into her gut. He was absolutely right, she was no longer in the academy safe from the outside world by a league of powerful mages, strong glyphs protecting her while she did her everyday events. That was all gone now, now it was just her. She swallowed the lump that formed in her throat.

“Northac, who was those people in the tavern, they seemed to know you and you them? And the human?” her tone was riddled with her fear. “Master Dwarf. I fear that I have overstepped my bounds of safety and took this egoistical mentality that since I’m a mage with all this power, that no one would dare stand up to me has recoiled within me. For just moments ago when the human looked at me with weighting eyes I couldn’t think of anything but fear.” she spoke to him as she now noticed they were taking the long way.

“Northac? Do you know that we are taking the long way? There is a much shorter route if you take pagan’s way alley near the tanner’s shop.” She whispered to him so that he wouldn’t feel belittled in front of the people that were around.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2013, 04:42 AM   #15
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master
 
DungeonsOfDread's Avatar
 
DungeonsOfDread is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,295
Dm

Northac looked at you with confusion as you moved closer to him, you can tell that he is slightly uncomfortable with your obscene closeness, yet despite that he doesn't make any action to distance himself.

"Long way? I think I know this city well enough now to get from here to the Slums, I was fending off legions of orcs in the wilderness when ye were sucking on ya mams tit , I was scalling castle walls with me bare hands when you were taking baby steps, I was swimming acro....." Northac looked over aforementioned alleyway, his eyes furrowed in deep concentration then shifted slightly to the side.

"Ah..I think I know a short cut...this way." he exclaimed pointing toward Pagan's Way alley. He pushed his way through crowd to cut across the street, after successfully navigating through the mass of people he started to answer your question.

"Normally I work alone, I like it better that way but when ya hav been in the business as long as I hav then ya get to know some other folk in the same line of work." he began. Northac stopped in his tracks, he turned to you and spoke in hushed tones.

"That man ya so rightly scared of, he's from an ancient brotherhood of assassins. I had the unfortunate pleasure of seeing him in action, let's just say I'd never seen a river flow with blood like that before." he told her softly. Regaining his bearings, he began walking again motioning you to follow.

"The other group are special members of a branch in the Thieves Guild. Even an organisation as shady as that one has it's less mentioned sections. Let's just say there's a reason why they be sitting in Immortus and not the usual hang out." he explained jokingly.
__________________
Writing Profile

Last edited by DungeonsOfDread : 01-18-2013 at 12:28 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2013, 07:14 AM   #16
AlysaNewport
Bisexual Guru
 
AlysaNewport's Avatar
 
AlysaNewport is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lurking behind you in the shadows..
Posts: 10,375
Her thin brow arced up over her blue orb when Northac began telling her his life story and placing it in her life’s time span. Then out of the blue, he stopped mid-sentence, glimpsed over toward the tanners, and then back at the wall walking a few more paces then spoke of a short cut. Advising her to follow him at due haste as he pushed through the crowd and into the alleyway.

She strived off the wanting to break up into laughter at the antics of this adorable dwarf, something else she might call him when the time is right. She could almost picture the event in her mind while they walked. Nevertheless, her imagery of that event was interrupted when he stopped and looked at her with the utmost scary look upon his face.

His words cut her like a sharp sword cutting a stick of butter. She felt ill from being that close to someone whom was marked with a memory as strong as she pictured a river filled with blood. She shivered then grew angry, “Why did you leave me in there with them!” she spattered at him but he had already turned and walked away, his meaty arm wavering her to come.

She huffed as she came along beside him. Still taunting her anger in an uppity way, she glared down at him even harder when she was informed that she was amidst the blood fold. A group that she herself never met but heard about for the Council of mages used them now and then and her mentor always pushed her away from them but never told her anything but the general information and what they were called, and his words liner, Stay away from them for nothing of good comes from them.

She eyed him like a mother scolding a child for putting their hand into the cookie jar before dinner was served. Her foot tapped the ground upon where they were standing. “I have no right to bear ill will for leaving me in there with them, I see the lesson that ye have put to me.” she bit her lower lip for she had nothing to stand upon, for even if she knew for a fact that he liked her, he would deny it till his last breath. “I will work upon my curiosity master dwarf.” was the only statement she could fall upon.

“Shall we continue upon your discovered short cut to the slums?” She didn’t really want to go there but a deal was a deal. “So when I was sucking on my mama’s tit, you were fending off legions of Orc by yourself? Would that be the day that the Greyhawk army repelled the legions of evil that leaked out from Blood stone passing?” she smiled at him as she turned away and walked down the alleyway… Now she chuckled at the adorable dwarf.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2013, 12:12 AM   #17
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master
 
DungeonsOfDread's Avatar
 
DungeonsOfDread is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,295
Dm

Northac scoffed at your petulant remark but then softened when you admitted your own wrong doing. When you resumed the conversation about his various accomplishments he puffed his chest out and flexed his muscles slightly.

Pagan's Way was quiet and calm unlike the busy main streets from before, dirt and refuse lined the walkway and a slumbering body was passed out along the side of a building. Above you, long lines of washing and rickety balconies sat along the building sides which formed dark shadows across the lane. You can hear the loud stomps of Northac's metalic boots against the cobblestones accompanied by the lighter taps of your own feet.

"Aye, there they were one hundred, nay ONE THOUSAND demons pouring in from all sides. The militia all looked to me fer guidance, I eyed cowardice bunch and yelled. COMMON YOU SCUMBAG SONS OF WHORES AND THE..." Northac was cut short as a pair of rather large individuals stepped in front of him. Both were wearing simple peasant clothes, ripped in various places. As they stepped into the light you could see that one was a Half-orc and the other Human, neither looked particular attractive and both displayed a hard angry look upon their face. Each of them brandished thick wooden clubs and were tapping them against their palms impatiently.

"I'm sorry Master dwarf did we interrupt you?" The half-orc grunted angrily. Just then two more thugs steeped out of the shadows from behind both of you. These two were both human, much less built but no less ugly or menacing. Unlike their burly companions these two had equipped themselves with rather menacing daggers.



"I think he was gonna say thieves." one of the skinny knife welding assailants offered.

"Thieves? There aint nofing wrong wif thives. I means we's just try'n to get by like the rest of you folk." The other large man commented.

"We don't be needed yer trouble fella's now why don't you play with the other kiddies and leave us grown ups alone." Northac responded with a hard look on his face. He edged one of his hands around to his back and placed his palm on the hilt of his axe.

"You're right Master Dwarf we got no beef wif you. Leave us the girl and you can go right on with yer business." The forth one spoke up for the first time. His mouth curled into a sly smile and he began to look you up and down, his tongue flicked out of his mouth distastefully.

"What say you girlie? Would you like to play with us?" the other skinny one asked his knife reflecting ominously in the light of the sun.

*From your position the two in front stand 10 feet away and the two behind are 15 feet, each pair is 5 feet apart. The alley way is 15 feet wide, curved and at least 50 feet long. You can't see any cover conveniently available to you from your position and the lighting conditions are not dark enough to provide any either. Northac is standing to your left; facing the direction you were heading and 5 feet in front. Currently you are not in a combat situation and can still make conversation.*
__________________
Writing Profile

Last edited by DungeonsOfDread : 01-18-2013 at 12:29 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2013, 03:24 AM   #18
AlysaNewport
Bisexual Guru
 
AlysaNewport's Avatar
 
AlysaNewport is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lurking behind you in the shadows..
Posts: 10,375
She smiled and chuckled as the Master Dwarf went full story telling with a little toss of imagination added in, but she gave no retort to him. Only giggled when he called the knights of Greyhawk cowards but she remained charmed by his story until it came to an end. Her gaze lifted as the two stepped out and into their path of travel. Her blue orbs shot from one to the other as a slight fear creped into the pit of her stomach. She wanted to step closer to Northac, but that would hinder his ability to pull his axe free. She trembled as another pair stepped out from behind them she stepped somewhat to the side slightly turning so she could be able to quickly scan both parties with just a head movement.

Her eye shot over to Northac as he insulted them. Her brow arched over her widened eye. She wanted to question him but decided that would be bad so she stood silent looking back and forth at the two pairings. Her trembling moved up from her stomach to her chest. Her breathing went heavy causing her breasts to rise and fall with a jiggle.

She felt sick as that look came to their faces and the one looked at her as the human did earlier. She felt violated as he undressed her with his mental eye. She wanted so much as to be back at the academy at this moment. She wasn’t ready for the savage outside world. Her eyes drew water as she continued to look at the two pairings then to Northac wondering if he would take their deal.

She had an idea but required her to concentrate she focused upon her training that she received to calm her nerves. It worked somewhat as her breathing slowed and became smooth. Her eyes opened as she looked at the two big men, they were the immediate threat. She reached inside of her looking for the courage to do this.

“Go on Master Dwarf, I can play with these boys, It wont be long before I join with you.” However, not waiting for him to say or do anything. She shoved her hands upwards and began to chant loudly the words to nothing but play acting how the Archmage would prepare some great spell, allowing the glow of her hands to brighten, then at the end of her raving, she opened her eyes and looked upon the attackers hoping to have put fear into them.. Nevertheless, she now prepares the spell known as grease.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2013, 06:22 AM   #19
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master
 
DungeonsOfDread's Avatar
 
DungeonsOfDread is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,295
Dm

Upon seeing your magical display the would be assailants began to step back, their faces showed a mix of fear and mild confusion. Northac also turned toward you and stepped back closer to the thugs that were standing in front, his face showed less fear but he still held a stance of readiness.

"Careful lassy, you might get someone hurt. Namely me." Northac commented openly.

The burly human in front faltered and ran back down the alley, with his departure, one of the other skinny thugs slowly backed away, he tripped on the cobblestone and fell backward. After crashing into the ground he quickly recovered and dashed off as fast as he could.

Two remained. The half-orc and other skinny human. The longer your show persisted the less frightened they seemed. It was the skinny one that attacked first, he charged you with his knife pointed directly in front of him. Seeing his companion leaping into action the half-orc did the same raising his club high in the air approaching you with haste, Northac quickly intervened drawing his axe to block the impending club swing and began the dance of melee combat.

*Your spell is successful and it completes just as he reaches within melee range of you. Your target falls onto the ground before you.*
__________________
Writing Profile
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #20
AlysaNewport
Bisexual Guru
 
AlysaNewport's Avatar
 
AlysaNewport is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lurking behind you in the shadows..
Posts: 10,375
“Oh Crap!” passes over Alysa’s lips as she fumbles with pulling her staff free from her backpack side. Once in hand she swings at the man repeatedly, wildly trying to keep him waddling in her grease spell. “How dare you attack a mage of the circle!” she swung again and again aiming at anything upon his body, she didn’t care as long as the vine entangled end was hitting him.

Her limbs were getting tired and she was nearly out of wind, when she took a change and quickly looked over at Northac hoping he was almost done with his, so he could come and take care of this one. WHAM! She looked back at him and swung the staff end once more “Have you had enough!” she yelled at the man for she surely has!
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2013, 10:42 PM   #21
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master
 
DungeonsOfDread's Avatar
 
DungeonsOfDread is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,295
Dm

Your opponent, after receiving one clunk on the head from your solid staff finally managed to regain his balance from slipping around in the greese. With a careful lunge he managed to slip past your defenses can nick the side of your robe drawing a small amount of blood on your right arm.

With his feet firmly back on the ground he easily managed to avoid your next few strikes. Two more of his own missed due to a miscalculation and the deflective properties of your magical ring. Unfortunately for you, his final attack slashed across your lower left leg and teared a significant amount of your flimsy coverings off, the direct contact also left a sizable gash on your upper thigh. A mischievous smiled formed on his dirt smeared face but a well placed blow to the top of his head from your staff wiped the expression clean off.

You looked behind you briefly to see how your new companion fared. Northac was locked in a toe to toe struggle with the club welding thief. Despite Northac obvious strength the taller half-orc had the advantage of height which left them in a stagnant stale mate. Northac looked over to you briefly to assess your situation, his eyes were strained with determination and anger. Upon seeing your plight he quickly shifted his weight as if allowing the half-orc to gain the upper hand. Without him realising Northac deftly readjusted slipping out from underneath the half-orc and allowed his opponent to fall forward and lose his balance. With that momentary loss of coordination Northac was afforded an opening in the half-orc's defense and struck out with his might war axe, the attack slashed cleanly through his torso most likely killing him instantly.

By this time your own opponent recovered from your last strike. Anger boiled deeply within his eyes as he lashed out toward you with a flurry of slashes. His strikes were fast but inaccurate, you managed to avoid each strike barely whilst only loosing fragments clothing and not skin nor blood. Northac charged into the fray impaling the tip of his axe into the mans mid-section and knocking him back a few feet. Severely wounded and bleeding the man collapsed on the ground unconscious giving you the reprieve you needed to catch your breath.

"That'll teach you to mess with a Dwarf of the Stonebeard clan." He yelled to his helpless opponent.

"Well lass, I was a wee bit worried when you put on yer fireworks display, I've had some less than happy memories when it comes to magic. Lucky I was here though, else that skinny little rat would have had more than his knife pok'n ya." he commented proudly, then paled slightly at the sight of your wounds.

"Are ye alright there lass, let me have a look." He asked with concern and slowly approached you to inspect your injuries.
__________________
Writing Profile
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #22
AlysaNewport
Bisexual Guru
 
AlysaNewport's Avatar
 
AlysaNewport is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lurking behind you in the shadows..
Posts: 10,375
Tears welled up and fell from the corners of Alysa’s blue orbs. She has never been attacked so savagely likes this before. She looked down at her leg as the red stain grew across her pants. The fabric sliced half way across the leg drooped down showing the cut and is flowing red liquid. Her stomach churned at the sight and slowly she slid down the building and came to a rest upon the ground.

She looked over at Northac, breathing heavily, She wanted to stop crying but the pain was great and her pride damaged, she has been so arrogant in her ways ever since she was accepted in the academy that she thought she would be untouchable, but here lies the truth as she begins to rip the fabric away from the wound.

“Yeah, so much for being a fabulous mage this day.” She winced as the pain shot up her leg. “I understand and think you for being here for me. I know I would have met my faith here if it wasn’t for you.” She smiled as she knelt down to look upon her wounds. “I don’t know about me being able to help you on these jobs. It appears that all I am extra weight upon you.” her self-pity hitting the high notes.

“I think I will be okay, just need to bandage it up.” She rumbles around in her pack, retrieves the healer’s bag, and begins to bandage it up. “So do you wish for me to go?” She frowned upon the thought of him departing but understood if he decided it would be best.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2013, 09:28 PM   #23
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master
 
DungeonsOfDread's Avatar
 
DungeonsOfDread is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,295
Dm

Northac looked at your wounds with a scrutinising gaze. He aided you in dressing your injuries as best as he could before addressing your comment. Northac sighed and his eyes furrowed in deep thought.

"Look lass, I'm not sure what kind of trouble ye got into with yer friends back at the academy. All I know is an old friend o mine called in a favour, he told me that despite ye lack of experience in the world ye had a great potential." he explained. He placed a hand on your shoulder in comfort

"Your only a burden if ye make yerself one lass. Ye can either pick yerself up, dust off and move on or ye can stay down here with the rest of the gutter trash." he encouraged. Northac reassessed the flimsy bandage work around your arm and leg.

"I know an old acquaintance who lives around here, a cleric I used to adventure with, he can help you with those wounds. When ye feelin better you can decide what ye wanna do." he offered. Northac stood up and held out his hand to you.
__________________
Writing Profile
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #24
AlysaNewport
Bisexual Guru
 
AlysaNewport's Avatar
 
AlysaNewport is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lurking behind you in the shadows..
Posts: 10,375
Her deep blue orbs rested upon the dwarf as he gave his assistance with her bandages. His facial expression brought a slight faint of heart as she guessed he would be more than willing to separate their paths. Nevertheless, what she got was a comforting hand and a small feeding to her ego. This brought a slight red to her face along with a warm smile. “Thank you master dwarf.” She placed her hand upon his and patted it a few times before removing it. Her gaze fell and followed his hands as he rechecked the condition of her bandages.

“I wish to stay in your company, master dwarf. I feel that I can learn a lot from you. Namely how to fight and stay alive. This is something that I must learn for now I am an outcast. Her eyes lower as she ponders over what her friends are doing at the moment. She remembered her best friend Trisha whom made several comments that they would never be separated and yet here they were, separated. She was conveniently summoned to the High tower during the hearing and banishment. She didn’t even get the chance to say good-bye. She fought back the tears that threatened to flow down her cheeks as she looked back up to Northac.

“Clerics cost gold Northac, I only have three coins,” she whispered to him. She took his hand and stood up, “Ouch!” she grimaced in pain, squeezing the dwarfs hand for comfort. Her eyes watering up with the searing pain. She bit her lips trying not to cry in front of the dwarf but no success as the tears fell down her cheek. She placed her arms around his shoulder and used him for support. “I think next time I will summon a massive fire ball and throw it down someone’s throat instead of trying to scare them with a stupid scare tactic.

She looked down at the dwarf, “Northac you said you have a bad run in with magic. Would you mind telling me what happened?” She gave him a sincere look at him. “That way I know what not to do to bring that memory back to you.” She added to her question of why she wanted to know.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2013, 11:02 PM   #25
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master
 
DungeonsOfDread's Avatar
 
DungeonsOfDread is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,295
Dm

"Hmph, young ones always wealdin a sword is bigger than ye scabbard, or I suppose in yer case a staff bigger than ye, than ye. You get the point. I can teach you how to fight lass, how kill an orc with ye bare hands, how to swim league without tiring, how to convince a dragon to give its treasure up but there are still some lesson ye need to learn on yer own." Northac commented as you stood up. He placed a strong comforting arm around your back as you leaned into him. The position was awkward due to the height difference but you both managed to find a balance.

"Sareha is an old friend of mine, she may be a wee bit pendantic but her heart is always in the right spot. I'll just call in a favour." He explained, Northac guided you back down the alley way toward your new destination. He spoke as you walked but this time his eyes seemed to take more watch of the other random folk walking down the street.

"Dwarves and magic don't mix lass. I can't count the amount of times I've been caught on the wrong end of a fireball as it hurtled toward me head. An old friend of mine was dabbling in the art of transmorg...transmoph.. ah the thing were you change yerself into something else. Well one day he decided to try it on me, being young and drunk I agreed and spent a week as a wee little dog. It wasn't the most pleasant experience, even now I swear whenever there's another mutt around it always decides to come up to sniff me arse." He recounted.

"At the end of the day I am what I am. A fighter, I know how to put the sharp end in the other person and keep their sharp end away from me. Ye are a mage, that is yer strong point. There aint nothing I can do to change that, as long as you keep your spells pointed in the right direction I'm happy with that." He added.

After a few minutes of wandering through the alley Northac deflty guides you through the maze of streets and crowds. The noise and people rushing around assaulted you again as you both dove into the fray. Ahead you could see the sign that pointed to The Slums Quarter. Northac made a slight detour and lead you to another alleyway. Lichbourne Lane.

"Don't let the name fool ya, there really are some nice people living here." He commented. This alleyway was much busier than the previous, in fact as you passed by some of the loitering men, you felt several unsolicited touches along the sides of your body, especially in the exposed skin no longer covered by your torn clothing

"Hey there, darlin, fancy a roll in the sheets with me?" One of them asks you.

Northac quickly ushered you away from their lingering touches and glares, he appeared to be counting the housing units along the street, looking for one.
__________________
Writing Profile
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:09 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.