Musketeer Immortal (closed)

Asa

Writer...Dream...Fantasy
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Posts
36,474
Musketeer Immortal

One of the illustrious or perhaps all three of the illustrious musketeers finds their way to true immortality but always they find each other lifetime after lifetime if they do not remain together if all three are immortal.

I see their immortality as follows

Aramis perhaps turned by a vampire causing him conflict with his old man of God ways.

Mario-Blanco-by-Shadtoto-Prasetio-MaleModelSceneNet-04.jpg

1348866936587541.jpg


Porthos perhaps Highlander style immortality giving him even more ability to indulge his drinking lifestyle


tumblr_n96wy51Qa51skfclto1_250.jpg


Eduarda-Scarpa-por-Lucas-Fonseca-6--683x1024.jpg


Athos perhaps cursed possibly of his own doing.

article-0-15709478000005DC-25_634x857.jpg


As for the female lead someone of a magical background. Not quite the damsel in distress but not quite able to free herself from a darkness that seeks to wield her like a weapon and plaything.

tumblr_o133fnBeri1risr9ko1_250.gif


tumblr_mtws5x7KIo1risr9ko1_500.jpg


------
Are you safe here? He won't follow you here?

He asked a tinge on concern for her in his voice.

He does not like this old park he finds no use for it so to get away for a little bit I come here.

She sat on the old carousel pony and watched him carefully her head ducked down slightly as she smiled

---------------------------

Celeste slammed the heavy pan down on the table by the passed out form of her families immortal ward. She had grown up around him and as their world changed she went from a sisterly role to the old grandmotherly keep everyone in line but look after him like he was her own child.

Wake up ya drunk... You have a letter from one of your brothers they need your help no doubt. Asking for your help though wonder how much wine they want gone.

She laughed and tossed the letter to him on the table. An old weathered hand briefly using his shoulder to help her move to her chair by the fire.

Portos

I require your aid in a matter. A darkness has again chosen to make France its home. While I am otherwise unable to travel far at this time Athos and I hope you are able to deal with the matter. An Englishman Lord Damons has in his possession a young woman of shall we say magical blood. He seeks to bring about a "cleansing" as he calls it using the her magic to do so. Athos has met with her in secret before he dragged her from England to France. From what Athos has seen the young woman is not with this vermin of her own free will. Find them help her and we will join you brother as soon as we can. The young woman's name is Katerina. To make certain that you do not do anything too foolish Athos has written to Celeste to keep you in line. Till our paths once more unite my brother.

Aramis


------------

As the firm hand fell across her face Katerina recoiled falling against the chaise. Her dark eyes stared up at Lotd Damons as he glared.

You will begin again with you magics witch and destroy my enemies here in Paris better than you did in LONDON! Is that clear?

She watched him smile at her fear and knew what was coming as he grabbed her arm and dragged her to his chambers.
 
Celeste slammed the heavy pan down on the table by the passed out form of her families immortal ward. She had grown up around him and as their world changed she went from a sisterly role to the old grandmotherly keep everyone in line but look after him like he was her own child.

The sound of the pan striking the wooden table close to his head made him startle from his slumber, clawing for the sword that he didn't wear anymore. In fact, the sword was safely locked inside of a safe in his room.

Wake up ya drunk... You have a letter from one of your brothers they need your help no doubt. Asking for your help though wonder how much wine they want gone.

"Stop your harping Celeste. Not like I don't pay my way through life and you know it."

He groaned and shook his head, waving at the air as if to brush her words aside.

She laughed and tossed the letter to him on the table. An old weathered hand briefly using his shoulder to help her move to her chair by the fire.

Portos

I require your aid in a matter. A darkness has again chosen to make France its home. While I am otherwise unable to travel far at this time Athos and I hope you are able to deal with the matter. An Englishman Lord Damons has in his possession a young woman of shall we say magical blood. He seeks to bring about a "cleansing" as he calls it using the her magic to do so. Athos has met with her in secret before he dragged her from England to France. From what Athos has seen the young woman is not with this vermin of her own free will. Find them help her and we will join you brother as soon as we can. The young woman's name is Katerina. To make certain that you do not do anything too foolish Athos has written to Celeste to keep you in line. Till our paths once more unite my brother.

Aramis

With a disgusted snort he tossed the letter aside, "Keep me in line. You probably enjoyed that little tidbit of news."

He reached for the carafe and drank the water in it without using a glass. The cold water did wonders on his system and since his body handled hangovers quite differently, it hugely helped him feeling better as well.

It had been on a battlefield when he fell to the bullet from a musket. Everybody had thought him dead. In fact he was dead. His heart pierced by the lump of heated lead. There was no flash of images, there were no light, no angels singing, nothing but darkness.

Then he awoke.

He was still on the battlefield, his comrades standing over him, lamenting the death of their brother. To this day not one of them would actually confess to being startled by the fact that a corpse suddenly dragged in air and sat up, wild eyed and confused.

It turned out that Porthos was one of the Immortals, beings who carried inside of them the seed of immortality and that only a violent death could trigger it. It wasn't long before a Japanese gentleman found him and explained to him what he was and what the rules to this new power was.

But with Porthos being Porthos, this of course brought him a new life, he could now fight for longer, drink harder and even pleasure the ladies for longer. But as all things went, time brought with it a slow death, not a death of the body, but more of the soul and mind. And Porthos' love of drink brought him under Celeste's scolding tongue way too many times.

He patted her shoulder and then headed for his room, a shower would be good to clear the last of the cobwebs, he pulled off his shirt as he went.
 
So what help do our boys need from you my friend.

She old woman patted his hand as he pat her shoulder. She cursed the fact that she was growing g so old and soon would no longer be there for them.

And worry not about Athos letter to me. I have faith in you Porthos. You will tend to whatever this matter is.

She closed her eyes and napped there by the fire.
 
So what help do our boys need from you my friend.

"They want me to track down a woman. According to them she has magical blood. If you can believe that."

And worry not about Athos letter to me. I have faith in you Porthos. You will tend to whatever this matter is.
.

He looked back at her as she fell asleep. It was almost a shame, he was still young when she was but a teenager and now she were almost a great-grandmother and he had not aged a day since his death.

Of course his two brothers had found their own ways to immortality, but unlike him, theirs' were more a curse than anything else. Through the years they struggled with their immortality, while his only came at the price of having to keep his head attached to his body.

So far he had only been needed to protect himself from other Immortals five times in the past and their bodies lay buried in the fields, their swords adorning the wall of the inn's lobby. He always knew when another Immortal came near him, it produced an audible buzzing sound. Low-pitched, but enough to let him know. The Quickening, now that was something completely different. It was like opening a jar containing lightning and standing in front of the opening as the lightning struck you.

With the Quickening came knowledge and power. All that the other have learned in their years became your own. Their strength became yours and even with Porthos looking less like a hulking maniac, he could still easily lift a car and toss it aside. Of course not without strain, but if it really came down to the wire, Porthos had enough strength to rip a man's head from his shoulders.

Also he now carried wisdom, which he refused to use. What he did like to employ was the ways of amor and hand-to-hand combat, it made protecting himself easier since a sword was cumbersome. Through the years he had become a sharpshooter of note and he always carried a concealed pistol. But his sword, a katana which were gifted to him by his Japanese master, the First Teacher, he took careful care of and kept in condition for the time that another Immortal would like to take his head.

He looked into the mirror and bound his hair back into a ponytail. The slight scars of his previous life did not deduct from his looks and even if he had to say it himself (as he was portrayed in the novels) he was a handsome man indeed. He grinned and shook his head slightly, pride was a sin and Aramis would remind him of that. He shrugged on his black leather jacket and secured the pistol in the small of his back.

He left his room, found Celeste still dozing and left the inn through the back door, it would pay well to start inquiring about this Lord Damons and the woman he had with him.
 
In the older avenues of the city there was a buzz. Someone had bought the apothecary house resting on the outskirts of one of the oldest parts of the city. Some said it was an English Lord others said the aire about the man they would more suspect the devil himself but for a scarce few who had seen her they said he had a woman with him that had to be a daughter or niece due to their age difference at least in appearance. Some of the town guards said he seemed to have the property well guarded as well which had them on a wee bit of alert. One thing that all who had seen anything could agree on was he was frightening and she was an almost haunting beauty.
 
He have heard about haunting beauties all his life and so far only the Lade de Winter lived up to her reputation. He lit a cheroot and leisurely strolled the streets. Listening to tales, drinking coffee, having a croissant, smoking and all the while keeping an eye on the newly acquired house, which housed according to rumor a devilish aristocrat and an angelic in appearance, but deadly in ability, woman.

The afternoon found him opposite the entrance, busy talking to a policeman, when he felt that tingling at the base of his neck. That tingling which was the warning of another Immortal nearby. It was then that the black car came into view and turned to enter the gate. He did not turn to look, to do so would give him away as the occupant of that same car would be the one who caused the tingle and would have felt it himself as well.

Only when the feeling faded, he bade the officer fare well and left, heading home. He had to get his sword, he knew that if another Immortal felt him, that Immortal would hunt him. He just hoped that the hunter would not be the face he saw in the reflections in the windows opposite the car. Even distorted the woman looked every bit as pretty as they said she were.
 
She hated the guard who he sent out with her to examine the domain of his enemy. It was a little disturbing to her that this being could never truly die. Once they were back to the house she endured the questions and then told him she was going for a walk alone to think out her strategy for her task. Damons nodded and waved off the guard and roughly grabbing her hair to kiss her then growling close to her ear.

Do not fail me my witch.
 
Last edited:
He found Celeste busy making food when he returned, she glared at him, thinking him to have drunk too much as usual. "There is another immortal, I have felt him or her."

This news and the fact that he did not smell of liquor saved him from her tongue lashing. He went to his room and opened the safe. From the inside he withdrew a sword in the katana style. His old rapier stood next to it, but it was next to useless for cutting off a head.

He took off his jacket and shirt, strapped the sword in place, making sure that he could move freely, then got dressed once more. He strapped the pistol to the small of his back, it wasn't cheating per se, it kept him alive and that much mattered to him.

He usually did not go out to look for his opponent either, but he knew it was inevitable. Once they had felt each other, the challenge had been cast and they both had to answer or face dire consequences. Celeste knew this and wisely said nothing as he departed again, this time on the prowl.
 
She was glad to be free of the strange guard and away from the house and Lord Damons. She walked around almost as if a ghost till she found a little cafe and sat down requesting a wine when the server approached. She sank into her thoughts and wondered how to make it appear she was doing her best and not take any more lives for that vermin. She absently nodded when the glass of wine was placed before her and took a long sip her mind never once straying from her task.
 
Porthos walked casually through the streets, he knew that he would feel the other before bumping into him/her. On every street there was a "beggar", they usually kept an eye out for trouble or kept an eye on happenings. Of course a few coins never helped. They did not work for Porthos per-se, but since Porthos was a good faith client of their creed, they did help him when asked.

"Porthos."

He paused at the woman in rags, drawing a coin from his pants and dropped it into the battered hat.

"The woman you seek. Cafe la Franc."

He nodded and continued on his way, the time had come to see this woman which had his brothers up in arms and ready to come join him. He entered the cafe and casually made his way to a table, as he sat down, he noticed her and he stared at her for a few moments. While not the same beauty that he had met a few times in his life, she was quite beautiful. He ordered a cup of coffee and relaxed, casually observing her.
 
Her eyes turned to him. Her voice thick with foreign accent.

You hold the same bearing as him.... Yet taller... Stronger of brute strength.... But not much older. He told that allies would be waiting for me.

Turning back to her thoughts as her hand absently played with the fire of the candle on the table. Briefly the flames seemed to dance on the tips of her fingers then following her hand while it was still on the wick.
 
He was taken quite aback when the woman addressed him directly, he frowned and leaned forward, resting his arms on the table.

"What did you mean by all of that?"

He was so focused on her face that he did not see the trick with the flame.
 
Athos... He told me to expect you. Told me what you looked like and that you were their brother and an ally for me here in Paris.

She glanced back over to him.
 
He arched an eyebrow

"You know Athos? I find that kind of hard to believe since he did not even have a name nor description for you."
 
Nor will you yet.

She seemed to recoil a little at his words ingrained fear from another.

He told me that by what he said you would know me. By the guard that never dies you would know me. He believes you better than he or your other brother can help me.

Her eyes moved to him again as she watched him.
 
He frowned, it seemed that there were much more about this woman than the note had mentioned. Guard that never dies? That would be the other Immortal that he had felt. He accepted his coffee and took a sip.

"So who is this guard? What can you tell me about him?"
 
He scares me. Always seems so angry. They call him Valen.

The fear in her eyes even talking about him. She feared him and her captor deeply. She bit at her lower lip watching Porthos... Like she could read so much about him.
 
Porthos looked at the woman, at that moment she did not seem to be the deadly threat that Athos had spoken about. Instead she seemed like a woman out of place and out of depth. But in her eyes he could also read more, without the threat to her person, she could be as dangerous as any man.

"Valen... I felt him earlier. Now I know his name and I know that he is angry."

He reclined in his seat, "So angry that he overpowers and uses you. Don't even deny it, I can see the marks."
 
She looked away with a wince.


They are not by Valen's but by Lord Damons.

Her eyes move back to Porthos.
 
He leaned forward again, "So there is a protector and a leader. Though you are here without either one of them. It had to be a good tale you told to get free of the both. This Lord Damons... tell me more about him."
 
She seemed more terrified to speak of him than she did Valen but clearly deeply afraid of both.

He... Permitted me to take a few moments to plan how to do what he expects done to his enemies.
 
He searched her face as she spoke, taking in her beauty more than the signs of distress, but her voice told him of her fear of the man.

"What is his plan? Now wait."

He leaned back into his chair, "We must find another place to speak. Walls have ears everywhere you go."
 
The ancient Carousel in that poor little abandoned park.

She whispered yet close to his ear the words seemed a normal tone. A soldier accidentally bumped her chair and she without thought recoils in terror no r a brief moment.
 
He knew the place she spoke of, he thought the recoil action to be natural, but the sheer terror on her face told him differently. He nodded, "I will meet you there in half an hour. I first want to finish my coffee."
 
She finished her drink and resumed her walk with a simple mod as she left. She arrived at the little park and found the near destroyed but still sadly beautiful carousel and twirled around one of the poles and studied each grandly painted animal.
 
Back
Top