Legend of Dragoon (OOC)

TearsoftheWorld

Radical Dreamer
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Posts
16,002
Mulling over another go at this series, though I'm considering a twist more along the lines of characters that ride dragons, as opposed to transforming into armored warriors with dragon spirits.

If anyone is interested... would there be a preference one way or the other? This isn't to say we can't incorporate both elements, I'm just brainstorming a bit here.
 
4fa9fd48ffc55940c9b2c44152370372.jpg
 
Last edited:
OOoo I love dragon rider stories. Ever read Anne McCafrey's Dragfon Riders of Pern?

I would LOve to do this. Are you thinking that the Dragon's are sapient and can communicate with humans?
 
Seems like everytime I express interest in writing with Tears on this, I crash her thread. So I am not gonna say that I am interested lol

:p

Love the idea though
 
A dragon RP could be cool. Is it necessary to have read the books first?
 
Sounds fun! I'd love to join as well. Preference on riding dragons over dragon spirits, but willing to try either approach.
 
OOoo I love dragon rider stories. Ever read Anne McCafrey's Dragfon Riders of Pern?

I would LOve to do this. Are you thinking that the Dragon's are sapient and can communicate with humans?

I am thinking that while the dragons are quite intelligent, they are not actually capable of communicating with humans [at least not unless their spirits pass on].
 
A dragon RP could be cool. Is it necessary to have read the books first?

There aren't any books that you should have to read before joining. Legend of Dragoon was actually a video game for the original Playstation, so if you want to check up on some of that history you can, though this story will not borrow hardly any of the plot points.
 
There aren't any books that you should have to read before joining. Legend of Dragoon was actually a video game for the original Playstation, so if you want to check up on some of that history you can, though this story will not borrow hardly any of the plot points.

I think I'm familiar with it. Is it the one with the boy who gets transported all over in dreams and has to fight bosses?
 
I am thinking that while the dragons are quite intelligent, they are not actually capable of communicating with humans [at least not unless their spirits pass on].

Cool. So like...what do you have in mind as far as parameters, if you choose dragon riders instead of dracomorphs? Colors, breeds, breath weapons etc.
 
To help with the brainstorming might I suggest the following:

Maybe one of our character is assigned a task/quest to journey to the lands east of Endiness. That character gathers up the other characters (some willing, maybe some not so much) to assist in the task. The band of heroes enters the new land. They find out that in this land humans and wingly co-exist. There was never a dragon campaign. However, Wingly are in positions of power and secretly run most things. Real dragons are also in the land, but rare.

The characters learn that the evil ruler of the major country on this continent has found the location of their Divine Tree. (I’m guessing each continent gets its own tree? This would allow for some other races to be on this continent if you want to allow that). Anyhow, the heroes need to stop the evil ruler from corrupting the tree and killing off all humans and dragons.
 
Not at all. I'm in that brainstorming mood, so I tend to focus a lot of my thoughts on paper rather than posting them here.
 
I think I would be interested in participating as well. Definitely more interested in riding a dragon than becoming a half-dragon...

(Although it would be funny to play a full dragon, and no, I don´t mean the "can turn into a human at convenience" kind)
 
Yeah, me too!

I could really go for some Dragon-mounting adventures!
 
Yeah, me too!

I could really go for some Dragon-mounting adventures!

Might be the mood I'm in....but this sounds kinda dirty, in the good way.

Did you ever work out what you wanted to do with this Tears? I know the world has been super busy lately, including me.
 
Wakfu

Have y'all seen Wakfu? It has some of the elements of Legend of the Dragoon. Basically, a race of "human like" people are born with dragons, and share a portion of their power. They gain some powers like portal making. They are also immortal, more or less.

That might fit with the Dragoon vibe, but the world is much more established and interesting.
 
Back
Top