Editor/proof reader for detective novella

i_would

Really Really Experienced
Joined
Jul 5, 2012
Posts
302
I'm now >90% done with a new story. It's some 29,000 words (just over 60 pages) long, may grow a little but not by much. Give it a week and I'll be done, now looking for someone to proofread the thing for me:
1. check spelling/grammar/punctuation issues that I missed.
2. check content for plot issues.
It's a bit complex, lots of information is given throughout the story and later referenced. Characters also act depending on what they know at that point in the story. Also I've been rearranging large parts of the story while writing. I think I have it all correct, but knowing the whole setup so well myself it's easy to miss something.

This story is quite light on the sex part. Don't expect many explicit sex scenes. It is about sex, not about having sex.

Synopsis:
A young, pretty woman is found lying unconscious on the road, naked. She is taken to hospital, where a check-up reveals she's had sex with no less than five different men.
Oswald Jones, detective, is in charge of the investigation in this strange case. Together with his colleague Julia, a police counsellor, and his business relation and friend Thelma, a news paper journalist, he tries to figure out what has happened to this lady.
During the investigation they find out that this lady is not alone in her ordeal. Oswald and his friends dig in deeper and deeper, to uncover it all.

Story itself is written in the first person (Oswald Jones). I should rewrite that synopses, too. To be posted in the novels/novellas category.
 
I would like to help

...now looking for someone to proofread the thing...

It sounds like something I would enjoy. I am not registered as a volunteer editor but I think I can do a good job for you. Although I generally know right from wrong, grammatically, I am not a grammar nazi. I am however a stickler for plot details and readability.

PM me if you think I can help.

(Oh, and it's perfectly okay with me if you have others looking at it too.)
 
Finished :) 69 pages, over 31000 words. Not bad for a single story. Sent PMs; if more people are interested to have a look let me know.

Hope to get replies within two weeks from now, and get it posted.
 
Back
Top