Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to both of you. :rose:

I can't imagine how her daughter must feel right now. It's so unfair for someone to lose both of her parents to the same horrible illness by the time she's 16.

Fuck cancer.
 
silverwhisper said:
jeez, that's just terrible, that poor kid. i'm sorry, eilan.

ed
Yeah, I had trouble sleeping last night because I couldn't stop thinking about K's daughter. :(
 
Last edited:
I should have just stayed out of that discussion. I'm just pissed now. :mad:
 
It's times like these that make you appreciate all the more the things you have in life... Makes ya' think, don't it.

Sorry to hear about your loss.
 
sorry about your loss Eilan.



I think I want to go see a movie. Unfortunately there is nothing playing in theatres right now that I want to see.
 
Mac98 said:
It's times like these that make you appreciate all the more the things you have in life... Makes ya' think, don't it.

Sorry to hear about your loss.
Thanks. :)

What I've been thinking about today is:
--What if, for some reason, I don't get see my girls grow up?
--What if I didn't have family to share life's major milestones with?

Even now, as old as I am ;) I like to be able to call my mom and tell her about things that happened to me or the girls. I miss not being able to tell my grandma these things even more, because I've always felt that she was the only person who was ever truly proud of me, even though my life didn't go in the direction everyone expected it to.

I need to think happy thoughts, dammit!! :D


ETA: Thanks, W&U.
 
Rest in peace, K. :(

Some of you might "remember" her as Ms. CL from my old book group thread.
I'm truly sorry to hear that.:rose:
Thanks to both of you. :rose:

I can't imagine how her daughter must feel right now. It's so unfair for someone to lose both of her parents to the same horrible illness by the time she's 16.

Fuck cancer.

It's not a fun road, this I know, I'll keep her in my thoughts.
 
Nightbird said:
*hugs Eilan*
*hug*

On a positive note, my girls survived today's indoctrination, though my oldest had a bad day, apparently, and said school was a "suck shack."
 
*hug*

On a positive note, my girls survived today's indoctrination, though my oldest had a bad day, apparently, and said school was a "suck shack."

Suck shack? I thought that was where I work. :rolleyes:

Eilan, you and I have been thinking similar things lately. I was going to go visit a friend of mine this weekend who has been battling cancer for the last 5 years. (She was not physically up to a visit, so I had to settle for a short phone call.) Started with cervix, spread to lungs, and now is in her voice box which she will be losing in an 8 hour operation on the 14th. Her prognosis is dismal. She has 2 children, the same ages as my own. It started a discussion with my children, during which my son said "I think at that point, I would say the heck with it. Let me live what I have left and be happy." I told him, since he and his sister are not old enough to take care of themselves, I would be fighting for every second with them that I could eke out. I'm usually ok with the thought if mortality--but I sure hate it when it comes along and bites someone I love in the butt.

Anyway--I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. Take care sweety.
 
Saucyminx said:
I'm usually ok with the thought if mortality--but I sure hate it when it comes along and bites someone I love in the butt.
What worries me the most is my girls getting separated if something were to happen to me.
Anyway--I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. Take care sweety.
Thanks. :)
 
After listening to my offspring bickering downstairs for an hour:

*handing each child something pointy*

"Welcome to Thunderden. Two child enter, one child leave"
 
my ex forgot to tell all his relatives that he moved out of my place about a year ago. Mail showed up at my house recently for him. I told him it was here. He said not a big deal. Now he's starting to get ticked that I'm busy and not really home much and he cant get his mail now. It's starting to become really entertaining that he's not understanding this whole thing of him not being a priority in my life anymore. I'm finding it rather amusing.
 
bah, suits him right. :>

nice to see you again, w&u. :>

ed



it's good to see you too. It's a rare night this week for me. I'm actually at home more than just to sleep for a change. The rest of the weekend and next week may not be so friendly towards me that way. It's all good though. How are you doing?
 
all things considered, i'm doing OK, thanks.

sorry to hear that life's been crazy for you lately. ?!

ed
 
it's all good. the rainy season (winter) is going to start here soon, so it's nice to get a lot of time outdoors in the last bits of sunshine until next May. this weekend I'm even installing a patio before getting out some on the bike. Lots of good stuff going on.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top