Decadents and Dropouts IC

Captain Bargul

He could have tried to run, but he rembered how deceptively fast the one was who knocked him out and he felt that with the big one would just reach out and pluck him from his feet no matter where he tried to go. He sat up and rubbed his wrists, then answered the gorgon without looking too close to her eyes.

"You only healed me because you need answers, I'm not stupid. And your beef was with the elves dressed in armor not the citizens. Oh and did one of your kind not also fill an inn with a foul smoke which nearly killed the patrons? Come creature if you feel that you did harm no other, explain then the angry citizens for they tolerated you and your kind."
 
Phyliss Ovida

"They might have tolerated me, but only some of them, and many of them just because they wanted my money. I have seen all kind of abuse myself. All of us have, many of us much more then I. Take him or my winged friend outside. The were not born as hot chick and had no chance to learn your little plays in social matters, so they were shunned. And in the moment we came together and decided to leave your society for good in our own gang, you could not accept that and we were attacked first in the bar, then there was a much bigger and more dangerous mob going at us in the harbor, and finally they send a whole shipload of paid killers behind us. If you simply had let us go, we would have dissapeared without any harm done."
She glanced down at him.
"And for your questions, I don't need you at all for that. I can guess well enough what happened, and your ships left enough clues. I don't need your answers, I could have killed you right away. That you are still here, is just an act of mercy."
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor had managed to prepare all of his spells. They were fresh in his mind and ready to be used whenever he needed them.

Sighing Trunfor got up and walked around the room, examining every inch of the vessel. This ship wouldn't do for long travels, and it was much to slow. River travel was not as good as sea travel. All the important cities in the world were along the coasts.
 
The Narrator -Z-

Z had lost all memory of his earlier life, but he hasn't lost his ability to speak, although he hardly ever spoke. No wonder, as the people who taught him about nautics were a mute dwarf and as seldom speaking old guy. The captain told him to get Tronfur, because she wanted his advice in asking the prisoner.
He walked up to Trunfor and told him that Phyliss liked to know his advice about the captain of the enemy ship. She was waiting with Gryph on deck above.
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor was surprised to see Z up and about and, at his comment, Trunfor replied, "I don't know what's going on. I avoid trouble as much as possible. I would set him free, unless he insists on killing everyone."
 
The Narrator - Z

"You might better go up and tell her, because I think she is just struggling with the decision what to do with him. She has released his bonds and has healed his injuries, so far." said Z.
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor sighed and nodded then headed to the top deck. He walked over to Phyliss and looked at her. "What do you need Phyliss?"
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss pouted a little. "I hope I do not disturb you to much. I just thought I should ask you about your opinion of the former captain who attacked us." she ponted to the man, now freed from his ropes.
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor sighed, "I really don't care. He poses no threat now and any future attack form him would result in failure for him. My destiny is not to decide of one such as him is to die or not. People attack other people all the time. The peoples of this world all hate one another, and yet they all share a world. Ideal and view are forms of culture that are destined to collide and they either adapt, or fail."
 
Phyliss Ovida

"Hmm." Phyliss looked around, but Relic and Ma'ant were not to be seen, what was not to surprising, as there where three sjips around now.
"Gryph, what do you think?"
 
Gryph

"He was paid handsomely, I am very sure about that. No right-minded captain would go after a band of monsters. Trunfor says let him go, normally I'd kill him, but I bow to the wisdom of others as my base emotions becomes a krux at times. I'll go with Trunfor on this one, set him free and if he ever rises a hand against us again...I'll rip his still beating heart out myself and feed it to him."
 
Phyliss Ovida

The gorgon looked around; she couldn't see her to other friends yet, so they couldn't throw their vote in. To her surprise Skandölf raised his voice.
"Might be not my business, but in my time he had walked the plank. Who knows he doesn't come back wit an army to murder us in the night?"
Phyliss looked back at the captain.
"He might have a point there, so the final decision is with me. What do you say to this, captain?"
 
Captain Bargul

"Bah I walked the plank aye, but I did not go back and murder any of them now did I you old sea dog? Nay you will tell them the bad, but not all. And how many times did you have to walk to plank for what you did eh? Forgot to mention that to your new captain."

He laughed,

"Doesn't matter what you do gorgon, there are many other vessels out there and one of them would have need of a captain. You can all sail right into the jaws of the seven hells for all I care."
 
Phyliss Ovida

"You don't make it easy for yourself, do you? I had almost planned to set you free right away. But I have a better idea. We will sail on with all three ships before we sell one or two of them. So long, you can be useful in moving them. I will put somebody there to closeley guard you. If you behave well, I will set you free later. If you try something really stupid, it will be your own fault. Until then, I am your captain, and you know exactly what that means. Objections against that, any one?" Phyliss looked around. Skandölf was just smoking his pipe, being his usual silent self. Phyliss added:
"And oh, for the other vessels. If they should try to attack us, you will be among us. There wont be no chances for you changing the sides. No one would believe you, so you will better fight with us for your own sake."
 
Last edited:
Gryph

"I'll watch him, in that way I can make sure that he will behave...well for as long as you don't need me elsewhere."

He grinned, displaying his fangs


Captain Bargul

He blanched as the massive one spoke up, he would rather have died than serve the gorgon.

"Its best you kill me now, I will not serve you, but I have no need to bother you either. Where would a broke man get the coin to get an army big and good enough to take all of you on? I have no more coin, you most probably took it out of my quarters just like the sword."


Gryph

He laughed,

"Seems like Relic keeps on building her cache, up to you Phyliss, he wants to either go or die. I can see that we will need some kind of spell...now why didn't I think about that before? Why don't you ensorcerel him? Make him do what you want without him protesting. Much like Ma'ant's slaves...oh sorry Thralls.
 
Phyliss Ovida

"I am not a magician." said Phyliss. "I could turn him to stone, but he wouldn't be much use then." She turne dto the captain.
"If you stay and serve me, you don't have to worry about a coin. Do you think I would let you starve? You should understand by now that my friends and I are not as bad as people want us to be. Of course, Ma'ant could make him a thrall, but maybe the former captain will come to his senses?"
 
Gryph

He cleared his throat,

"But you can always ask Trunfor, I'm sure he has a spell like that somewhere."
 
Phyliss Ovida

"I know he is a capable magician." said Phyliss. She was hesitating; she didn't want to kill a prisoner, nor did she like the idea to turn him into something like the thralls. She looked around, and Skandölf caught her eye, and he sat down on the stairs to the aft, speaking again, slowly.

"Aye, so just walk away, captain, and see for yourself. You startet with a big ship full of cannons, arms and an army of welltrained mercenaries and a whole bunch of magicians. You caught this little vessel by surprise. A little, unarmed vessel with just a few people on board, among them a child, an old man and two young girls, one of them being the captain. Now walk back, all alone, and tell them they finished you off within minutes and you are the sole survivor of it all, because you have hidden in your cabin and the lady here had pity with you and allowed you to go. The laughter will be heard through the whole bloody country."
 
Gryph

He noticed the hesitation in Phyliss and softly added so that she could pick up his words, but the captain not.

"He will not be a Thrall, just his actions will be. When the spell is lifted he will be normal again."

He looked down at the captain and grinned.


Captain Bargul

"I'd rather be laughed at, than to serve under a monster that is a fact for sure."
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss pouted as she heard the captains voice. Being called a monster after she had been so nice to him was hurting. She raised.
"If you just keep insulting me, it is no use to talk with you any further." She whispered in Gryphs ear as she walked by him. "If Tronfur can work out a spell that's useful, let him do it. If not, just throw this idiot from our ship. Do what you think is best, I'll accept it."
She walked down below deck sulking, but started to pack her things. Afterall, she was going to move into a bigger vessel soon.
 
Gryph

Gryph turned to Trunfor,

"So sir Blackheart, got anything that will make this man follow orders and keep him from trying to escape?"
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss wondered if the captain didn't respect her because she was a woman, or if he really believed that she was an evil monster, maybe both. Now he could sweat between Gryph and Tronfur, both of them at least looking much more menacing then her. Serves him right. As she packed she made up the plan how to move on. She and her friends would move on the big ship of the attacker. She would take Skandölf, Colin, Z and the new boy, who survived the battle, as crew. Maybe she would have to borrow one of the thralls from Ma'ant as well. Their old boat would require two more of the thralls and could be run by the captured captain, if they would get him to do it. If not, she had to discuss with Ma'ant if they were able to run three ships with his thralls, maybe even pulling one until they would sell it. For the big ship, they had to think about rooms. There had been the large cabin of the captain and two smaller rooms beside it, one was a quarter for the crew and one the kichen, concluding the storage room for food. The rest of the room below was one huge storage room, with some tiny compartments for different goods. Of course, as captain, she could move into the captains cabin, but she was willing to share it. But she would replace the rather tiny bed with a large, cozy place with space for more then one person. There was more room then in the old boat, so they should well be able to find their privat places.
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor looked at Gryph and nodded, "There's a lot I can do. I can erase his memory or use a Geas spell. I can control him or use Alteration or Transmutation, or Enchantment spells on him. The possibilities are unlimited, depending on the extend and goal ones is achieving."
 
Gryph

He chuckled,

"Just block his will and make him obedient, you can present the new Captain to Phyliss, it might get you her utmost gratitude...and I'll be happy too. I am kind of tired after the fight with Haerdon and these cockroaches."

He faked a yawn and gave Trunfor a conspiratory wink.
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor sighed. Non-spellcasters never appreciated nor understood anything about spellcasters. It wasn't like you could simply pick a spell and use it at will. Spells cost energy and even tap into one life energy. Also, you had to have several components, depending on the spell. In addition, there were millions of spell in the world and more were being created every day which means different results.

What Gryph was asking for was a Dominate spell, a powerful spell that allows one to control a being. But there were many different varieties of Dominate Spell. Worst, you had to concentrate and maintain that concentration for as long as one wants the spell to last.

"What your asking for is a Dominate Humanoid spell. I can use it, but it only remains in effect for as long as I concentrate and maintain the spell. While maintaining the spell, it'll start to consume energy. Most spellcasters can only maintain such spells for a hour or two before possibly collapsing in fatigue. Also, once the spell stops, he has free will again. I can't change his views nor force him to do impossible things."
 
Back
Top