Free association thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
a bit of slap and tickle perhaps??

A pillow fight maybe. :devil::kiss:

(LOL, Ogg, the Cheeky Girls! We hate them in Wales cuz that idiot Opik left lovely Sian Lloyd for one of them. And boy did we let him know all about it at the ballot box! We kicked him in the ballots <snerk>)

A pillow fight maybe. :devil::kiss:

(LOL, Ogg, the Cheeky Girls! We hate them in Wales cuz that idiot Opik left lovely Sian Lloyd for one of them. And boy did we let him know all about it at the ballot box! We kicked him in the ballots <snerk>)

Pillow Talk..and on that note..my pillow is calling me..:kiss:

Der Rosenkavalier with Schwartzkopf - complete opera.

Have you got enough chocolate?

LOL, not long after Easter with Piglet in the house? We're using it to melt down and put on icecream! (Seriously, see recipe thread.)

Thank you! My friend took me to see Rosenkavalier once. He didn't want me to be embarrassed because he knew I couldn't afford the ticket and he wanted me to come with him (in more ways than one, I suspect, LOL). So he said, "Wear wellies, we're going to a garden," and then he laughed and said, "No, don't wear wellies!" I knew we were going to Covent Garden then. I was so excited cuz I knew Rosenkavalier was on and I wanted to see it so much, I used to turn my head from the posters on the underground in case he was taking me to something else not quite so fun. I was so happy when I found out that WAS where we were going that I let him pay for me. Very unfeminist! We had a glass of champagne and one of those dinners in the intervals between the acts - it was delightful!

I always think it's hilarious that the great and the good think nothing of going to watch two women rolling about on a big bed together singing You are my sweetheart, I love you, darling, one of them dressed as a very fetching young butch.

:rose:, you are not the least bit cavalier! but preux chevalier, as Bertie Wooster would say.

LOL, not long after Easter with Piglet in the house? We're using it to melt down and put on icecream! (Seriously, see recipe thread.)

Thank you! My friend took me to see Rosenkavalier once. He didn't want me to be embarrassed because he knew I couldn't afford the ticket and he wanted me to come with him (in more ways than one, I suspect, LOL). So he said, "Wear wellies, we're going to a garden," and then he laughed and said, "No, don't wear wellies!" I knew we were going to Covent Garden then. I was so excited cuz I knew Rosenkavalier was on and I wanted to see it so much, I used to turn my head from the posters on the underground in case he was taking me to something else not quite so fun. I was so happy when I found out that WAS where we were going that I let him pay for me. Very unfeminist! We had a glass of champagne and one of those dinners in the intervals between the acts - it was delightful!

I always think it's hilarious that the great and the good think nothing of going to watch two women rolling about on a big bed together singing You are my sweetheart, I love you, darling, one of them dressed as a very fetching young butch.

:rose:, you are not the least bit cavalier! but preux chevalier, as Bertie Wooster would say.

By Jove, Jeeves

That was lovely.

Du bist mein schatz ;), from Der Rosenkavalier, sung by Schwartzkopf. I don't think you can get a clip of that little part. It's just before the hot chocolate is brought in. Mmmm, hot chocolate ....

See this bit.

Skip forward to about 3.30.

Well, of course, I was never a particular fan of German Opera . . . .
[especially if the sexes seem a trifle confused]

But this one is a gem; Coloratura or what?
[Lucia Popp, Hell Rages aria: Magic Flute]

Hark.
Hark,
Hark,
You gods of vengeance.
Hear a Mother's curse.

Last edited:

See this bit.

Skip forward to about 3.30.

Well, of course, I was never a particular fan of German Opera . . . .
[especially if the sexes seem a trifle confused]

But this one is a gem; Coloratura or what?
[Lucia Popp, Hell Rages aria: Magic Flute]

Hark.
Hark,
Hark,
You gods of vengeance.
Hear a Mother's curse.

LOL, that's a number to put up the day after Mother's Day!

I was about to say what about Cherubino in the Marriage of Figaro for an Italian confusion of sexes, but luckily I recollected in time that Mozart was Austrian (Salzburgian?).
:rose:

'Lo Sam, Sugar, Bertie Wooster would be saying What, What! and falling asleep. Do you remember Cora Bellinger, the opera singer Tuppy Glossop fell in love with and faithlessly deserted the lovely Angela - Bertie's cousin, for. Only until Jeeves could save the day again, of course.
:heart:

LOL, that's a number to put up the day after Mother's Day!

I was about to say what about Cherubino in the Marriage of Figaro for an Italian confusion of sexes, but luckily I recollected in time that Mozart was Austrian (Salzburgian?).

'Lo Sam, Sugar, Bertie Wooster would be saying What, What! and falling asleep. Do you remember Cora Bellinger, the opera singer Tuppy Glossop fell in love with and faithlessly deserted the lovely Angela - Bertie's cousin, for. Only until Jeeves could save the day again, of course.
:heart:

Well, as long as we're still on Popp...

In trutina..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYcQB6pK8ns

Tio, you have managed to post songs that made me cry two days in a row! It's unforgivable. Good job my marking is done online, or the ink would be running all over the page.

More Popp. Bit of Fauré's Requiem. (Sniff.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=1u_-qxapLdk&NR=1

OK, this requiem probably won't make you cry, though it does take me back to my days in Greenwich Village (West and East) with Ginsberg, the Fugs, and all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbpg-j0zNLU

Thanks for the Popp...:rose::)

Last edited:
I think you forgot the link to the requiem! Anyway, let's have more Popp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFmERWFrTsA

Oh there's the link! Well ... um, no that didn't make me cry.

LOL, this Popping about reminds me of a time when I was a snotty-nosed undergrad and some even snottier undergrads came round. I was playing some music, and they said: "Who is that?" So I was like, "'S Mozart, innit," and they said: "Oh, no. I meant who is singing?" :rolleyes: Well and truly put in my scurvy little place! LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back