Hide an IP address

stickygirl

All the witches
I keep getting blocked from viewing YouTube and Vevo videos [ "This video cannot be viewed from your country" ] video so I need to hide my IP address. I've heard of a couple of different browser plug-ins such as Tor but which is the best one for Mac Snow Leopard?
Thanks in advance :)

I keep getting blocked from viewing YouTube and Vevo videos [ "This video cannot be viewed from your country" ] video so I need to hide my IP address. I've heard of a couple of different browser plug-ins such as Tor but which is the best one for Mac Snow Leopard?
Thanks in advance :)

Not a plug-in per se, but I like Tunnelbear for getting around regional restrictions. You can select which country you want to appear to be coming from, and it's very easy to install and use.

if you're running snow leopard my assumption is you're running safari?

does this help?

ed
Thanks Ed... I looked at that but I have to use some sites that use my IP to confirm my status and resetting all that looked complicated. It would be great for a semi-permanent solution though :)

Not a plug-in per se, but I like Tunnelbear for getting around regional restrictions. You can select which country you want to appear to be coming from, and it's very easy to install and use.

Tunnelbear huh? Sounds cute - a bear tunnelling. Actually anything to do with bears. Did you know before winter Grizzly bears eats 20k calories a day. A day.

Would welcome more suggestions but Tunnelbear gets the vote just now.
( I just wanted to see a broadcast about a trans* issue - it's not like I'm stealing music or anything. This is serious stuff. Sheesh )

Tunnelbear huh? Sounds cute - a bear tunnelling. Actually anything to do with bears. Did you know before winter Grizzly bears eats 20k calories a day. A day.

You'll like their website, IIRC it has portraits of all their staff as bears :)

Oooo - that Tor thing appeared in the news today over that big USA/Europe investigation into pedo's because that's what they use. So if you go and use IP-hiding software you're gonna be on a hitlist straight away.
So here's the deal. Why don't all those shitty copyright idiots stop all this cross-border crap and allow me to watch a damned Trans* video from the USA?! I mean this is a global village isn't it? ( ok apart from China and N Korea ) but seriously, if you build walls around yourself people just find ways around it.
Freedom of Information! Oh well, I guess the black van will be round later and drag me away pfft - I imagine they'd have a field day with me huh?

Can you get software that hides your IP but doesn't look like it's hiding? Maybe not hiding but just sidling up casually like.
Excuse the random thoughts. Have I been near glue today...

Back