What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each time I see a Romney / Ryan yard sign now, instead of being angry, I laugh. I can't help it.

Also the beauty of the fall leaves against the dark sky make me smile every single time I see a gloriously sunny or fiery tree.

:D

Tuned in just in time for #authorsexmoves trending on Twitter. Hilarious!

My contribution?

"The Mount of Monte Cristo" and "Thrill your darlings"

*The second one is probably only funny to writers. "Kill your darlings" is a well known saying that means, essentially, no matter how much you love a sentence, character, paragraph, etc, if they don't work in the story you have to get rid of them.

There were some very funny riffs on authors, book titles and "only funny to other writers" stuff.

Tuned in just in time for #authorsexmoves trending on Twitter. Hilarious!

My contribution?

"The Mount of Monte Cristo" and "Thrill your darlings"

*The second one is probably only funny to writers. "Kill your darlings" is a well known saying that means, essentially, no matter how much you love a sentence, character, paragraph, etc, if they don't work in the story you have to get rid of them.

There were some very funny riffs on authors, book titles and "only funny to other writers" stuff.

Running over to Twitter for fun stuff..... :D

My friend A. posted this on Facebook. When I saw it, I quite literally laughed out loud.

attachment.php

Attachments

• poe boy.jpg
    poe boy.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 71
Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
Today it is Friday, Friday

ETA: Just to be clear, what makes me smile is the fact that it's Friday. Not that horrible drivel by R.B. I just quoted. Actually I think my Fridays are worse now than they used to be before I had heard that song, because now, come Friday, R.B.'s horrible drivel invades my mind. Every week.

Now Friday's making me sad.

Last edited:
Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
Today it is Friday, Friday

ETA: Just to be clear, what makes me smile is the fact that it's Friday. Not that horrible drivel by R.B. I just quoted. Actually I think my Fridays are worse now than they used to be before I had heard that song, because now, come Friday, R.B.'s horrible drivel invades my mind. Every week.

Now Friday's making me sad.
No sadness, sweetie. {{{Seela}}}

Two squirrels bickering outside my window. They are like Chip and Dale. It's going to be a rough winter they are so fat!

My new best advice for aspiring writers:

For the love of all that is sacred, find another career!!!!!!!

(Yes, I am six pages away from finishing the second draft of the second book and I may be a bit tetchy. But, oh well, only twenty more drafts and then it will be done! *insert fake smile*)

(Yes, I am six pages away from finishing the second draft of the second book and I may be a bit tetchy. But, oh well, only twenty more drafts and then it will be done! *insert fake smile*)

Only twenty? You really HAVE raised your skills with all this practice. ;)

I'm back in a minivan! We switched me to a smaller car, for the gas economy, but now T is living with us (bringing the total up to 4 children), along with my sister (the one mentioned in the mental health thread) and I've got an extra daycare kid, and sometimes we have had to take two cars to get everyone to where we're going, so we switched me back to a minivan. I'm so THRILLED! Plus, the radio has a usb port so I can hook up my mp3 player, which has long been on my wish list. :nana:

article-2230601-15EFB355000005DC-29.jpg

Amazing photographs from the World Press Photo contest. This linked article does not, of course, include all the entries, or even all the winners, but there are some stunning pics here.

If someone finds an article or site showing all the winners, please share that with me? Thank you.

(1) Seeing that Sir Winston has made a quick recovery (and am sending belated healing vibes) and (2) knowing I don't have to repeat old patterns of destructive behavior - one can change things if one really desires to do so. Doesn't repetition get old...and boring?

(1) Seeing that Sir Winston has made a quick recovery (and am sending belated healing vibes) and (2) knowing I don't have to repeat old patterns of destructive behavior - one can change things if one really desires to do so. Doesn't repetition get old...and boring?

You are so right. Sometimes we need to just get out of our own damn way and spare ourselves some change. Good to seeya Cs! Hug! :)

Having a friend who loves doing the same things you do makes for an amazing vacation! What a great day. Purrrrrrs purrrrrrs purrrrrrrs

Butt, meet chair. Isn't that the definition of writing?? Give us another fake smile!!! C'mon!!! :D

I'm back in a minivan! We switched me to a smaller car, for the gas economy, but now T is living with us (bringing the total up to 4 children), along with my sister (the one mentioned in the mental health thread) and I've got an extra daycare kid, and sometimes we have had to take two cars to get everyone to where we're going, so we switched me back to a minivan. I'm so THRILLED! Plus, the radio has a usb port so I can hook up my mp3 player, which has long been on my wish list. :nana:

What's on the gracie minivan playlist??? I think we'd all like to know.

I couldn't agree more on SW.

And you are too fucking wise sometimes.

Stop it.

Real, long lasting smiles today. A good day. A whole lot of nothing day. It was decadent. Finding sweet, silly and outrageous pm's waiting for me. Yes, a good day indeed. :)

What's on the gracie minivan playlist??? I think we'd all like to know..

Depends on my mood and who's in the car. All the kids have some of their stuff on my playlist, and then I usually put it on shuffle. We have some phineas and ferb (for my son) and averil lavigne (for my oldest) and some phantom of the opera (for my other daughter) and for me we have heart and lynard skynard and reba mcentire and van halen and jeremy camp and def leppard and metallica and newsboys and miranda lambert .... well, everything I can fit. lol I only have three gigs. *sigh* I have 12 gigs on my computer of music, but I really can't afford that big of a memory chip so I change what's on it every few months.

J's thinking about taking up French, because he realized that he could get a BBA degree pretty easily, only he'd need to learn a new language (to a measly B1 level, but still).

What a perfect reason for me to start finally learning French, too. :)

J's thinking about taking up French, because he realized that he could get a BBA degree pretty easily, only he'd need to learn a new language (to a measly B1 level, but still). What a perfect reason for me to start finally learning French, too. :)

I smiled when someone told me that I made him feel he could do anything. I think that is the best thing I have ever been told. :D

J's thinking about taking up French, because he realized that he could get a BBA degree pretty easily, only he'd need to learn a new language (to a measly B1 level, but still).

What a perfect reason for me to start finally learning French, too. :)

One of my favorite bloggers, Ta-Nehisi Coates of The Atlantic, is studying French in his thirties. He has written several posts on the subject so you might enjoy reading them. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a list of tags or archives for his blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back