The Jeffinator's Lounge

Actually, I'm gonna focus on getting Team Titans and Shadows of Krypton up first, because I want to know something from you all -- Should the Provolones be a crime family, a normal family, or a vigilante family? By vigilante, I mean a family that goes above and below the law to remove crime from the streets of their city -- even if it means slaughtering every gangster, thug, and crook. A twist to that could be a corrupt cop and a corrupt politician that are allied with the gangs. Wait a sec -- ALL politicians are corrupt! LMAO. We could also do a sort of robin hood family -- steal from the rich and powerful, give to the poor and weak. Please let me know what you all think so I can get that thread going.


I think it might be interesting if they were a fairly solid, nonMafioso clan that held by the same sorts of bonds and traditions--eg, mess with one, mess with all; keep your word; don't tell family secrets, etc. But individuals within the family have decided separately from each other to fight back against the local corruption, the street gangs, drug dealers, and mob.

In other words, I think it might be interesting if they were vigilantes, but without letting anyone know--even their family. (At least at first, that would be where the story takes us, as different family members discover the truth behind each other.
 
Hmm... Sounds pretty cool. What do the rest of you think? Also, I am almost done with the Titans intro, but I'm too tired to finish tonight, so I'm off to sleepyland.
 
You could have some of the family be in the mob as well. Keeping it secret from everyone as well. That way you have a bit of both sides of the law. Cause conflict and it makes the story more interesting.
 
Sounds good. However, my chracters are open about their allegiance -- they are known as the Punishers. If they happen to catch a drug dealer, rapist, molestor, murderer, etc. they will slaughter him/her without hesitation. If they find a crook commiting a minor crime, they'll just kick his ass hard, call the cops, and vanish. If the criminal walks free and commits another crime, then they'll slaughter him. Maybe some of the other family members are worried that the Punishers will bring all the gangs and the mafia down on the family, and that could be an additional source of conflict.
 
Oh, and Lusty -- Do you want Starfire to already be a part of the team, or do you want us to start the game with her arrival?
 
Oh, and Lusty -- Do you want Starfire to already be a part of the team, or do you want us to start the game with her arrival?
The start? Yeah that works. Is it okay if I just copy and paste part of her entrance from the old thread?
 
I give up, I give up, I GIVE UP!!! The cat jumped behind the entertainment center in the living room, where she tends to shit. I jumped up to get her before she did, tripped on the ethernet cord sticking out the back of the laptop, yanking it out and damaging both the cord and the ethernet port. Now I'm back in the bedroom because my long cord is ruined, and the ethernet port only works if the cord in here is just right. Slightest movement and I lose my connection. Why is it every time I find a way to come back to Lit, something ALWAYS happens to make me have to take another leave of absence? I'm DONE. I'm TIRED of getting my hopes up at being back online, only to have something else prevent me from staying on permanently. I am officially retiring from forum roleplaying. Even if I buy a new cord, me or someone else will just mess it up again. How many more times will I have to go through this? None, because I give up. I'm tired of trying and having shit go wrong. Over and over and FUCKING over! I'll still come in here from time to time to say a quick hey, unless the ethernet port kicks out completely. Then I won't be back till I have my own apartment and a wireless network, which will be several months. Even then, no more rps for me. Something else will go wrong and I'll have to take a LOA over and over again. I'm cutting off my dependence on the internet so that when things go wrong, it won't piss me off so much.

I love you guys, but you'll have to take over my rps. I know I've said before that I'm leaving and then I've come back, but this time it's for real -- I don't want to deal with this the next time I'm online, and the time after that, and the time after that, and so on and so forth. Is fair that this keeps happening to me? No. But life isn't fair. I have to pick my battles so that I don't have a premature heart attack, and the battle for a permanent online status is something I abviously can't win.
 
*whimpers* Don't go Jeff...we'd all miss you. Please? I know it's upsetting to have so many setbacks, but you can't just give up. Take a breather if you feel you need to, but calm down before you decide to do this. :(
 
A wireless network with the router I have is not compadible with the vonage device, and I can't afford the router I need. I'm not buying a new cord because the same thing will happen, and I'm not doing my rps in here because it hurts my neck sitting on the bed looking down at the screen with nothing to lean against except the wall. Plus my ethernet port is damaged, as I said. There is no possible way I can keep my rps going right now. There just isn't, I don't have enough money to get what I need. And even when I do have the money, I will not be returning to the rp forums, at least not until I sell a few books and have enough money to fix any problem that arises instantly.

I've got a lot of stress right now due to my family and neighbors and all, and the screaming and yelling and all the other shit going on here is more than I can handle as it is, so I don't need computer stress on top of that. I'm sorry, but I am not taking back my rp retirement, not until I am financially secure, anyway.

I love you all.
 
A wireless network with the router I have is not compadible with the vonage device, and I can't afford the router I need. I'm not buying a new cord because the same thing will happen, and I'm not doing my rps in here because it hurts my neck sitting on the bed looking down at the screen with nothing to lean against except the wall. Plus my ethernet port is damaged, as I said. There is no possible way I can keep my rps going right now. There just isn't, I don't have enough money to get what I need. And even when I do have the money, I will not be returning to the rp forums, at least not until I sell a few books and have enough money to fix any problem that arises instantly.

I've got a lot of stress right now due to my family and neighbors and all, and the screaming and yelling and all the other shit going on here is more than I can handle as it is, so I don't need computer stress on top of that. I'm sorry, but I am not taking back my rp retirement, not until I am financially secure, anyway.

I love you all.

I can understand your situations keeping you from posting here at Lit, but you can't give up solely on the basis of Murphy's Law. Shit happens. Just roll with it and come back stronger than you were before.

Hope to see you soon
 
I found a gaming router, but I don't think it was WiFi...so it would suit me better than it would you....21.99 plus shipping. My suggestion is to ask Vonage if they have any specifics as to what kind of router they support. I know any I use with my modem has to be DOCSYS compatible
 
Doesn't matter now, anyway -- we're on the verge of losing Dish, Net, and Phone. We're behind on the mortgage and gotta come up with 2200 within the next few weeks, so we may be cancelling everything we don't absolutely need. Don't need dish, net, or phone, because my dad has a tracfone. Dunno what's gonna happen.
 
Well, I broke down and bought a new cord, lol. I missed you guys. I won't ask you guys to rp with me, though, because I keep having to leave for various reasons. I am working on a new rp game, but I don't expect any of you to sign up since I don't know how long it'll last this time. Most likely, if anyone joins, it'll be writers I've never worked with before. Because of that, I'll leave my other games inactive.
 
Luckily, the ethernet port seems to be working now -- rather, the cord is not loose, it's holding fine. I'm going to be getting an apartment on August 1st, and then in October, my brother and sister are moving down -- so long as they save up enough money so that we don't have the same problems as last time. The plan is for all three of us to have fulltime jobs, and stay in the small apartment for six months. Then, we should have at least 12,000 saved up -- 3000 to get set up in a three bedroom two bathroom rental house and pay utility deposits, and then 9000 to buy furniture and decorations.
 
Well, a three bedroom house down here will be about 1100 a month, and to move in, you gotta pay first, last, and a security deposit. I figured about 2500 to get in the door, and then 500 to get utilities set up in my name -- electric, water, sewage, cable, phone, internet, etc.
 
Yeah, but this is the second largest area in Florida. Here's part of the WikiPage for the Tampa Bay Area:

The Tampa Bay Area, also known as the Bay Area, Bay Area, FL (in contrast to the San Francisco Bay Area), or simply Tampa Bay after the body of water it surrounds, is the second most populated metropolitan region in the state of Florida, and the 19th-largest metro area in the United States. It is defined by the Office of Management and Budget for census purposes as the Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Florida, Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population for the Tampa Bay Area currently stands at 2,697,731, as of a July 1, 2006 estimate. The Tampa Bay Partnership and U.S. Census data showed an average annual growth of 2.47 percent, or a gain of approximately 97,000 residents per year. Between 2000 and 2006, the combined Tampa Bay and Sarasota region (comprising eight counties) experienced a combined growth rate of 14.8 percent, growing from 3.4 million to 3.9 million and hitting the 4 million mark on April 1, 2007 in the continuous Tampa Bay urban area.

Here's the entire page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampa_Bay_Area
 
glad to see you back Jeff.

Knowing me i'll still probs join one of ur RP's, its been so long since i've done a good one (or at least, it feels that way)
 
The rp I'm working on now is a science fiction/fantasy adventure taking place in a galaxy of my own creation -- Galaxia, lol. The primary government is the USG: United Systems of Galaxia. The USG's nemesis comes in the form of the Ligerdine Syndicate, presided over by Highlord Murdock Syphondorn and his circle of Overlords. More on that later.

It's up to you guys, but if you can find it in your hearts to give me another chance, I'll start up Titans again. However, I won't be doing my other games -- Shadows of Krypton, The Provolones, and Star Wars. I'm going to keep it at a maximum of two multiplayer games at a time. Kimmy, if you still want to do the idea for Shadows of Krypton, we can rethink the plot and do it as a one on one. Lemme know.

I love you guys, and I'm sorry I blew up last time. There was a lot of shit going on at the time, and the cord fucking up kind of sent me over the edge. Still a lot of shit going on now, but being able to talk to my friends again (that's you guys, assuming you'll still have me after the way I exploded) will help a lot. Once we get into that house down the road, I'm going to be so happy. A nice big house, new furniture, big TVs in every room, all the new systems -- with three of us living there, splitting the rent, we'll have a shitload of spending money. If all goes according to plan, we'll FINALLY be living fairly luxuriously. All our lives, we've been in either apartments, trailers, or tiny houses. There were many times as kids that we didn't have the stuff other kids had because we were too poor. The idea of finally moving beyond poverty or lower class living is... quite intoxicating.

So, I have a lot to be happy about and a lot to look forward to, and as long as I don't focus too much on the prospect of it all going to hell again, I'll be fine :). Sometimes, things tend to go wrong and I end up back at the bottom of the hill, but that shouldn't stop me from climbing up again.
 
First let me say that Pimm's does not go well with diet sprite. Hard to get drunk when you can't stomach the drink you made =/

Second: welcome back.

Third: I knew you'd be back.

Fourth: I am never wrong.

Fifth: about anything

Sixth: You'll need to refresh me on the Shadow of Krypton thread idea again. Cause I've forgotten.
 
Back
Top