Poll: Old or New Interface usage

Authors, which interface to you use

  • The old submissions and [url=http

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • The new published and [url=https

    Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Old for submissions & new for activities.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New for publications & old for activities.

    Votes: 1 6.7%

  • Total voters
    15

MindsMirror

Really Experienced
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Posts
316
Authors, do you:
1. Use old original submissions and activities
2. Use the new published and activities
3. Old for submissions & new for activities.
4. New for publications & old for activities.
5. Something else...

Sorry for the edit... it was our first poll.
 
Last edited:
Authors, do you:
1. Use old original submissions and activities
2. Use the new published and activities
3. Use both for different reasons.

I use the new control panel for everything, but I sometimes check the old panel when I'm in a masochistic mood and want to see who has un-followed me or de-favorited my stories.

The switch happened not long after I started publishing here, so I had no loyalty to or long-established familiarity with the old system.
 
We keep trying to use the new ones, but return to the old ones.

The new published
  • Truncates stats unless hovered over
  • Has too small a font.

The new activities misses activities
  • Multiple favorites of stories only gets the first one
  • Unfavorite of story
  • Unfavorite of author
 
I use the new control panel for everything, but I sometimes check the old panel when I'm in a masochistic mood and want to see who has un-followed me or de-favorited my stories.

The switch happened not long after I started publishing here, so I had no loyalty to or long-established familiarity with the old system.

Ditto this, except the switch happened just before I started publishing here. I never would have known about the old system if it weren't for the good folks in the AH.
 
I use the new one for submissions, log-in, works, finding stories to read...pretty much everything.
 
Thanks to the universal header, the new control panel is a one-stop for access to everything. I don't use the old one at all any more, except to answer questions where it might be relevant and I want to provide a direct link.

The one and only time I've used the old control panel in ages is when Holly Jolley hit. Incest stories gain numbers at phenomenal rates, and it tickles me to watch them go up faster than I can click the refresh button. The old control panel refreshes and returns you to the same position in the page as you were when you clicked it, so you don't have to scroll back down to the story again.

Even that was unnecessary once I thought about it. All I had to do was click the "Sort by date" button on the new control panel. That refreshed the page and put my newest story at the top. Same effect, same number of clicks, same speed of refresh.

Finding any other story usually only takes a few keystrokes in the search form of the works page, and is faster than scrolling as often as not.

Don't care about unfollows or the hover to expand. The font size is fine for me.
 
I use the old one almost every time.

I still have problems with the readability and contrast on the new one. The new one is a pain when you have nearly 300 published items on Literotica and want to scan ratings for all of them.
 
Part of what RR said and part of what Ogg said. So the answer is both as long as the old one lasts.
 
I use the new one because I joined just under a year ago and that was what came up. I think I used the old one a few times when there was some kind of technical issue with the new one. I don't go too deep into stats and stuff so the new one works fine for what I'm using it for.
 
I've switched to the new one exclusively.

As for those with a problem of font size, cntl + will enlarge the browser page.

Also you can override the pages fonts and colors in the browser options.
 
Back
Top