Imagine a well-loved book turned into an x-rated one

SimonDoom

Kink Lord
Joined
Apr 9, 2015
Posts
15,757
OK, here's a whimsical idea. Pick a novel you like that you'd like to see turned into an x-rated story, full of sex and whatever turns you on. What aspect of eroticism would you explore in it?

Wharton's Age of Innocence would be a good one, because it's about infidelity among wealthy New York socialites in the 1890s, for whom appearances and discretion are everything. The infidelity is handled discreetly, but it would be great as a full-on sex romp as well, with lots of dramatic tension as the lovers try to hide their lust from the rest of the world. Perhaps it could be called The Age of Not-So-Much Innocence.

A more daft idea would be turning The Lord of the Rings into an erotic tale. There are lots of possibilities, including the rings of power turning people into sex slaves or sex maniacs. The one big drawback is that there aren't many female characters, so you'd have to gin some up unless you're enticed by the idea of Gimli and Legolas getting it on (or you're into hobbit furry foot fetishes).

Maybe, Lord of the Cock Rings?
 
Lord of the Cock Rings. Love it.

First to come to mind is Pride and Prejudice. I think the possibilities are endless. Next would be Bleak House. How about The Devil Wears Nada?

My Stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=3938682&page=submissions

Good choices. Pride and Prejudice could be a great erotic story. I think Great Expectations has more erotic potential than Bleak House -- it's easy to reimagine Pip's time at Miss Havisham's house, but for Literotica purposes there's the underage problem.

I like the Devil Wears Nada -- perhaps the Miranda character is an exhibitionist dom who through the course of the novel discovers her true submissive nature at the hands of her underling?
 
A more daft idea would be turning The Lord of the Rings into an erotic tale. There are lots of possibilities, including the rings of power turning people into sex slaves or sex maniacs. The one big drawback is that there aren't many female characters, so you'd have to gin some up unless you're enticed by the idea of Gimli and Legolas getting it on (or you're into hobbit furry foot fetishes).

Maybe, Lord of the Cock Rings?

I'm a bit rusty on my Tolkien, but there are enough females to put some steamy group sex action in. Granted, not many are Aragorn levels of protagonists, but there are enough serving wenches, elf ladies and hobbit dearies around to get some cocks wet. With Arven, Galadriel and Eowyn there are three extremely hot ladies available, if you go a bit off the main roster, you can probably have a lot of fun with Goldberry (Tom Bombadil's lady) and Shelob too, if you're not afraid to take some liberties with the lore.

In the recent "Shadow of Mordor" video game, the devs did exactly that. They turned Shelob into a shapechanging spider lady, to get all the horny teenagers playing that shit all woozy.

https://youtu.be/xhBn2afZn5Q <- Some of her cutscenes.

Also, who says the rings don't have some ...unforseen side effects when worn? I think the strict gender distinction should be among the first things to go when XXX-ing LOTR.

As for beloved books I'd like to see pornified: How about the "Warrior" trilogy of BATTLETECH books? They are already high on giant stompy robot action and intrigue, so adding a third option to solve a dispute besides giant 'Mech weapons or hiring an assassin would make it pretty interesting. Fucking as a diplomacy option. Why not? :)
 
Last edited:
How about modifying Moby Dick to Moby the Dick? Moby is the world's largest dick and has his way with Captain Ahab. :D
 
This isn't a novel, per se, but I would very much like to see someone do a Literotica version of Raymond Queneau's "Exercises in Style." Queneau took the same banal snippet of narrative and rendered it over and over in a multitude of different styles. It would be both interesting and useful for an author to take a short erotica scene and execute it the way one might if intending to file it under each of the story categories.
 
Are you setting me up for shameless self promotion here, Simon?

The Matter of Britain, the Arthur myth, is hugely fertile ground: wenches. witches, madmen and knights, stableboys galore.

But wait, the EB-world version is running now, in my latest release, so no spoilers here ;)
 
High Fidelity where Rob fucks every woman until he realizes that Laura is the best lay he's had so he picks her. Barry creates a harem with the women Rob has fucked but aren't Laura and Dick in private is very wild with Moss.
 
Stories that come to mind:
* "The History of Tom Jones, A Foundling" - a lighthearted romp with lots of sex in the story, including some incest for the I/T readers
* "The Three Musketeers" - I'd think it'd be easy to add the dashing, handsome musketeers bedding various women during breaks in their adventures. There's at least one XXX version and the one I watched had D'Artagnan as a woman
* "Murder on the Orient Express" - Once Cassetti is murdered, the friends and family of Daisy decide to celebrate by having wild sex sessions, but have to keep the sex hidden from Poirot

I don't think "Pride and Prejudice" would work as a x-rated novel. Make the parties at Mr. Bingley's orgies and the plot makes no sense. Lydia running off with Mr. Wickham has to be a scandal.

I had once worked out the plot of a modern day version of "Great Expectations" (or maybe set in the 60's or 70's). Pip works at Miss Havisham's bank and is offered a scholarship to a top MBA school. He assumes Miss Havisham is the one behind the scholarship. Pip goes to the MBA program and makes friends with Herb Pocket. It's a hard-partying life at MBA school where everyone thinks they're gods. Herb drops out to start his own business. Pip arranges with a bank to partially fund Herb's business with student loans he took out. Without Herb's grounding, Pip starts acting like his fellow students. Pip gets a summer internship at a Wall Street firm and becomes even more obnoxious. He goes back to Miss Havisham's bank to suck up to her and while he's there he seduces Estella. She's been raised by Miss Havisham to be frigid and sex with her was almost a necrophiliac experience. At the end of the summer, the now out-of-control Pip comes back to Miss havisham's bank, so grateful to be out of that small town bank. While he's there, Mr. Magwitch asks to speak to him privately. Mr. Magwitch is a customer that Pip thought was an idiot and Pip had showered him with attention as a joke. Mr. Magwitch reveals that it was he who arranged for Pip to go to the MBA program. As Pip is processing that news, the police show up and arrest Mr. Magwitch for running a major drug operation. The police search Pip and find he has quite a bit of coke on him, which makes Mr. Magwitch furious. Pip winds up serving three years in jail and when he gets out, the only job he can get is to be a regional salesman for Herb Pocket. There's an epilogue where Pip is about to get into the elevator at the hotel where he's going to be staying just as Estella exits the elevator. Pip apologizes to her and suggests they go to the bar and talk. Both have been humbled by the misfortunes in their life. They spend the night together and in the morning, Pip sees "no shadow of another parting from her."
 
When you look into it, even the most genteel of authors put a bit (sometimes a lot) of Sex into their novels. Jane Austen for example in Pride and Prejudice had an underage Lydia Bennet (15) sleeping with Mr Wickham without 'benefit of clergy.' She wouldn't have got that past Laurel!

In Mansfield Park the BBC production was very clear in showing Mary Crawford seducing Edmund and Henry Crawford captivating Fanny. The novel itself reeks of sex- it's just not 'in yer face' sex.

Then in Persuasion William Eliot takes Mrs Clay as his mistress.

Finally if you go back to Pride and Prejudice, Jane Bennett is unreservedly beautiful- and utterly dull, but her sister Elizabeth is clearly as sexy as - why else did Darcy succumb despite his (self admitted) better judgement.
 
A more daft idea would be turning The Lord of the Rings into an erotic tale. There are lots of possibilities, including the rings of power turning people into sex slaves or sex maniacs. The one big drawback is that there aren't many female characters, so you'd have to gin some up unless you're enticed by the idea of Gimli and Legolas getting it on (or you're into hobbit furry foot fetishes).

There's quite a bit of erotic LotR fanfic out there, though some of it may have succumbed to bitrot in the years since the films came out. I used to browse the plot summaries to horrify myself with some of those combinations. I remember one that had a group sex scene with the Nazgul, and another where Legolas and Sauron get it on (don't ask me how).

Lord of the Cock Rings. Love it.

First to come to mind is Pride and Prejudice. I think the possibilities are endless.

I read something along those lines a few years back, though strictly speaking that one's a sequel rather than a rewrite of the original.

It was... not the best thing I've ever read. Glaring anachronisms and Americanisms (no, Mr. Darcy does not have a "ranch"), and the sex just got tedious. There's certainly room for somebody to do a better job!
 
It was... not the best thing I've ever read. Glaring anachronisms and Americanisms (no, Mr. Darcy does not have a "ranch"), and the sex just got tedious. There's certainly room for somebody to do a better job!
I say, Bramble, you sound very Brit yourself there, what! Doing "a better job", very posh, very knickers off ;).
 
Directed by Ron Howard.

He once said he’d like to direct a porn movie but knew it would be a career ender.
 
There's quite a bit of erotic LotR fanfic out there, though some of it may have succumbed to bitrot in the years since the films came out. I used to browse the plot summaries to horrify myself with some of those combinations. I remember one that had a group sex scene with the Nazgul, and another where Legolas and Sauron get it on (don't ask me how).

I haven't experienced any of that. My only exposure to LotR "erotica" is the fake sample page for the parody Bored of the Rings, which features a short passage in which a nubile elf maiden tries to seduce Frodo into giving her the ring. The passage is on the back page or inside cover but it doesn't actually appear in the book.
 
All of Edgar Rice Burroughs catalog; Tarzan, John Carter of Mars, Pelucidar, etc.

All of the Oz series by L. Frank Baum (and others) although not for Lit as 90% of Oz is eternally underage.

Most of Robert E. Howard's work is already pretty racy, but Conan, Red Sonya, et al, could be made more explicit.
 
Finally if you go back to Pride and Prejudice, Jane Bennett is unreservedly beautiful- and utterly dull, but her sister Elizabeth is clearly as sexy as - why else did Darcy succumb despite his (self admitted) better judgement.

But in the erotic version, maybe Darcy sampled both of the Bennett lasses and found Elizabeth to be more to his liking :D

It does sound fun at least!
 
"A Midsummer Night's Dream" as a Loving Wives tale.

Titania, rather than being enchanted into falling in love with Bottom (the man-turned-donkey) fucks him because he has a Donkey dick, and Oberon doesn't. There's no retreating out of sight to get the job done, they do it where all the fairies are watching. How do you resolve this? Titania keeps the child, and Oberon gets Bottom.
 
Most of Robert E. Howard's work is already pretty racy, but Conan, Red Sonya, et al, could be made more explicit.

Heh. I recently realized that in the Red Sonja movie, Sonja is out to kill the Big Bad lady for basically having lesbian sex with her. U mad, girl? :)
 
Men Without Women by Hemmingway. Never read it but love the name. Could be a gay piece.
 
Lucky Jim.

Never read that one either but imagine all the ways in which Jim gets lucky!
 
Things That Fall Apart

Could star me and the various crappy sex toys that I've purchased over the years that...well...fell apart!
 
Back
Top