The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 03: Come On In

Low 80s here, chilly up in Flagstaff with rain predicted, but way too warm for snow. I have known it to snow in October up there, but not in September.

It worked fine for me. It took me straight to your story list. Now, if you want to get a little fancier, use the little world/chair icon at the top of the box. Paste your link in there on top of the Http part and click OK. Type in whatever your want it to say in the highlighted section. (My Stories) Stacey's Stuff) (Crap I warned you about) (Anything You Want) You can check it out in preview mode.

HP, I don't have a clue why I'm awake so early but I guess it was because you need fresh coffee. Or I had to pee, or I was thirsty, or even a little hungry. Or a combination of all those.

Thanks for letting me know, did you happen to read any of the stories once you got there? (Sorry massive ego)

I don't think I'll be trying anything fancy any tome soon LOL

Can I have coffee now please?

Thanks for letting me know, did you happen to read any of the stories once you got there? (Sorry massive ego)

I don't think I'll be trying anything fancy any tome soon LOL

Can I have coffee now please?

Coffee pot, fresh & hot, on the side over there.

Another bright morning, if slightly cooler.
Hot coffee ensues. . .

Here we go with being awake at zero dark thirty again. :rolleyes:

Fresh coffee for everyone!

DIDT, yes, I read the first one you wrote and the start of the last series. PM to follow if I don't fall asleep.

*YAWN*

ETA: PM sent. :cool:

Last edited:
Here we go with being awake at zero dark thirty again. :rolleyes:

I was awake in the middle of the night too, and I saw something moving under the sheet. I ignored it, thinking it was just a wrinkle flattening out or something like that, and went back to thinking through a story. Then it moved again, and I slapped my hand down on it.

The sudden movement woke me up with a start. I'd been dreaming. There was nothing moving under the sheet. In fact, the sheet with something moving under it was white, and our real sheets are dark gray.

I think I remember the story from the dream, but I'm not sure.

Minor boast and ego stretch coming. folks; Saturday last, bb1958 and I (and 1,076 other like-minded fantasists) broke the Charleston World Record at The Quarry park in Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England. I got to wear one of hubby's grandmother's beaded flapper dresses, rhinestone turban, feather boa, excessive mascara, and seamed silk stockings, bb1958 turned out in a striped blazer, straw boater, polka-dot bowtie and spats, and 1,078 of us broke the previous record of 975 (according to the blurb in the papers). The gin came out soon after that, and things are kinda hazy, but I remember showing a bunch of kids how to do the Black Bottom, bb carrying me over his shoulder to the car, and something about a hotel room, the tango, trying to vamp like Cyd Charise, and shimmying out of my dress; the rest is a blur...

Note to self: Next time, leave the gin alone, and I'll have a java, please, forget the flavory thingies, I need engine de-greaser right now, gin hangovers are vicious...

Last edited:
I was awake in the middle of the night too, and I saw something moving under the sheet. I ignored it, thinking it was just a wrinkle flattening out or something like that, and went back to thinking through a story. Then it moved again, and I slapped my hand down on it.

The sudden movement woke me up with a start. I'd been dreaming. There was nothing moving under the sheet. In fact, the sheet with something moving under it was white, and our real sheets are dark gray.

I think I remember the story from the dream, but I'm not sure.

Dreams don't wake me up. Not now anyway. Back in the day was a whole other story and not fun, believe me.

There for a moment, I thought you were going to say you slapped a pussy, uh, cat.

Although 'funny' may not be quite the right word, somehow. . .

Time for Tea, I think

I hope you found the kettle. I got hung up in a story and time flew as it usually does,

In any case, fresh coffee and a fresh kettle for the afternoon crowd.

It is raining here so I think I hear a nap calling my name.

I hope you found the kettle. I got hung up in a story and time flew as it usually does,

In any case, fresh coffee and a fresh kettle for the afternoon crowd.

It is raining here so I think I hear a nap calling my name.

Kettle found, Sir.
Strangely enough, it worked, too.
In fact, it's working now, for my good night Tea.

We've had bright sunshine today. We have a lot of cloud tonight.

Minor boast and ego stretch coming. folks; Saturday last, bb1958 and I (and 1,076 other like-minded fantasists) broke the Charleston World Record at The Quarry park in Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England. I got to wear one of hubby's grandmother's beaded flapper dresses, rhinestone turban, feather boa, excessive mascara, and seamed silk stockings, bb1958 turned out in a striped blazer, straw boater, polka-dot bowtie and spats, and 1,078 of us broke the previous record of 975 (according to the blurb in the papers). The gin came out soon after that, and things are kinda hazy, but I remember showing a bunch of kids how to do the Black Bottom, bb carrying me over his shoulder to the car, and something about a hotel room, the tango, trying to vamp like Cyd Charise, and shimmying out of my dress; the rest is a blur...

Note to self: Next time, leave the gin alone, and I'll have a java, please, forget the flavory thingies, I need engine de-greaser right now, gin hangovers are vicious...

That's quite a picture. :D

:eek: How did I completely miss that post. :eek:

Lori, it is great to see you around. You need to make an appearance more often, flapper dressed or not. Not would be the preference for most of us guys but that's a whole other story.

Shimmying out of a shimmy dress does mean there was a whole lot of shaking going on. :D

Fresh coffee and a kettle for the morning crew.

I had an interesting thought earlier. Yeah, I know, not very like but accidents do happen. "Americans drink a whole hell of a lot of coffee but only one state actually grows any."

I can offer a more recent version of the Charleston, at need: Try this one.

Meanwhile, A complete screw-up in my kitchen has resulted in a (temporary ?) no coffee time.
So I'll have to settle for an imaginary one - for now

I had an interesting thought earlier. Yeah, I know, not very like but accidents do happen. "Americans drink a whole hell of a lot of coffee but only one state actually grows any."

One state and Puerto Rico.

:eek: How did I completely miss that post. :eek:

Lori, it is great to see you around. You need to make an appearance more often, flapper dressed or not. Not would be the preference for most of us guys but that's a whole other story.

Shimmying out of a shimmy dress does mean there was a whole lot of shaking going on. :D

Fresh coffee and a kettle for the morning crew.

Hey Tex!

Shimmyin', shakin', an' a whole lot lot of rock 'n' rollin' goin' on there, boy! Us Southern gals know how to rage hard, so still feeling the aftermath of probably several gallons of gin (I think, details are kinda vague...)

Coffee and me are now close and inseparable buddies, and today's the first day I don't feel like a figment of my imagination, all thanks to caffeine, so slide the pot over this way, Tex, I need a refill...

***This is me, using bb's account, mine stopped working, anyone else having fun with their account?***

Lori xx

Last edited:
Back