If Roe v. Wade is ever reversed . . .

Kirkrapine

Literotica Guru
. . . that will be an electoral gift to the Democrats: After all, it won't mean abortion is banned -- all it means is that the issue will henceforth be an ordinary political-legislative issue without constitutional protection. I.e., to be fought out in the legislatures. And that will position the Dems to win the votes of the silent-on-this-issue majority -- the millions of Americans who are morally uncomfortable with abortion, but still want it to be there in case their teenage daughter gets pregnant.

If Roe v. Wade is ever reversed, there will be a lot of blank billboards over the highways.

9b57e223963eaf89c6adfa6d59490f5c.jpg

It's gon' be like that.

Y'all motherfuckers better watch you wish for. :D

. . . that will be an electoral gift to the Democrats: After all, it won't mean abortion is banned -- all it means is that the issue will henceforth be an ordinary political-legislative issue without constitutional protection. I.e., to be fought out in the legislatures. And that will position the Dems to win the votes of the silent-on-this-issue majority -- the millions of Americans who are morally uncomfortable with abortion, but still want it to be there in case their teenage daughter gets pregnant.

If you had a vagina you'd think a bit differently I'd imagine.

I have moments where I think "Let them destroy the social safety net, privatize Social Security and cut Medicare - that will show people, like many that post here, how stupid GOP's espoused policies are". But then I neither use nor benefit directly from any of those programs, so it is easy for me to say. And then I think about how many people would have to have their lived flipped upside down and families more or less destroyed for the point to get proven.

Well, right now I'm dealing only with the electoral-political effects. If you mean that reversing RvW would actually make it harder for women to get abortions . . . the red states seem to have gotten plenty creative in that regard even with RvW. Like the post-Reconstruction Southern states finding ways and ways around the 15th Amendment.

Experience speaking?

FYI, it's pretty much plastic hangers nowadays. You might have to hit some old people yardsales in your hood.

Or pick up some wire of similar thickness at Home Depot and bend it into the desired shape.

Well, right now I'm dealing only with the electoral-political effects. If you mean that reversing RvW would actually make it harder for women to get abortions . . . the red states seem to have gotten plenty creative in that regard even with RvW. Like the post-Reconstruction Southern states finding ways and ways around the 15th Amendment.

OK. Well, as you referred to, 27 states have enacted abortion restrictions since 2007. Immediately it would be illegal in 9 states, as I understand it, with another 10 to 17 expected to follow within one legislative cycle.

In seven states the right to choose would more or less be "guaranteed". But then if the federal government were to make it illegal ... which this particular congress and POTUS would ... yes abortions would be illegal in the US.

Given gerrymandering and voter suppression there is no "blue wave" guarantee. So the electoral-political effects of Roe v Wade being overturned, one may posit as driving towards a more socially anti-authoritarian bent, is far, far from guaranteed and can be somewhat easily negated.

Experience speaking?

FYI, it's pretty much plastic hangers nowadays. You might have to hit some old people yardsales in your hood.

No. Don't you remember hearing about the old days? Did you see Dirty Dancing? Abortion gone bad.

Never had an abortion. It wouldn't be my choice, as I was adopted as a baby. So my belief is more in that direction.

However, not my business what other choose to do. I don't know their circumstances. All women, have the right to choose in a safe environment.

Now STFU Lance.

I have moments where I think "Let them destroy the social safety net, privatize Social Security and cut Medicare - that will show people, like many that post here, how stupid GOP's espoused policies are". But then I neither use nor benefit directly from any of those programs, so it is easy for me to say. And then I think about how many people would have to have their lived flipped upside down and families more or less destroyed for the point to get proven.

You have a vagina? Explains a lot. :)

At this point reversal of Roe v Wade would be a very good thing. It is truly obscene and an insult to the creator what they are doing with late-term abortion and commercializing fetal tissue. Planned Parenthood is business profiting from murder.

At this point reversal of Roe v Wade would be a very good thing. It is truly obscene and an insult to the creator what they are doing with late-term abortion and commercializing fetal tissue. Planned Parenthood is business profiting from murder.
Nobody believes that crap any more.

Life is not safe. If you think any part of it is, you're fooling yourself.

And I'm sure neither abortion nor childbirth is ever entirely safe even in a hospital. That doesn't mean women who need them shouldn't be able to get the safest treatment and the safest environment available.

And I'm sure neither abortion nor childbirth is ever entirely safe even in a hospital. That doesn't mean women who need them shouldn't be able to get the safest treatment and the safest environment available.

Certainly. It's us or "them".

Back