Obama Rewards Brutal Cuban Dictators

This President is the worst negotiator in American history, just like the Taliban got their high command restored for the release of a deserter, the Castro's got three valuable convicted spies for an aid worker, and no other concessions.

This is not the kind of "negotiation" you are thinking of. It comes down to, "We've been enemies for 50+ years, it sucks, let's make friends; first step, we'll release all of your people we're holding and vice-versa." An indispensable first step, and the head count is irrelevant.
 
Something will. Today's China is not Mao's China, today's Vietnam is not Ho's Vietnam, things are no more democratic but they are somewhat looser and more capitalistic.

Oh, and they forget that the Soviet Union and the rest of the Iron Curtain fell when they all were given a sniff of capitalism under "Glastnost."
 
Oh, and they forget that the Soviet Union and the rest of the Iron Curtain fell when they all were given a sniff of capitalism under "Glastnost."

And, while China and Vietnam remain Communist, what matters is that they are no longer enthralled by the kind of fanatical ideological vision that enabled such disasters as the Great Leap Forward and the Cultural Revolution, and might conceivably have led to nuclear war. Today China does not want to destroy the U.S., or even disrupt our economy, simply because that would be bad for business. A similar attitude in Cuba would be beneficial to all concerned.
 
My view is longer than yours. I remember when Castro nationalized American property and business in Cuba. I remember when he allowed the Russians to put nuclear weapons on his soil aimed at us. I remember when Castro and Khrushchev brought the world to the brink of nuclear war.
But apparently you don't remember the US being instrumental in setting the stage for Castro's rise to power.

Giving aid to a brutal and corrupt dictator because we like him is quite likely to result in the rise to power of another brutal dictator we don't like. US meddling with Cuba is just one of many examples.
 
But apparently you don't remember the US being instrumental in setting the stage for Castro's rise to power.

Giving aid to a brutal and corrupt dictator because we like him is quite likely to result in the rise to power of another brutal dictator we don't like. US meddling with Cuba is just one of many examples.

Good short article HERE about the roots of the US animosity towards Cuba. It seems that the US despises Cuba's anti-imperialism slant more than their communism.

It's time to normalize relations with Cuba.
 
Go ahead and think for a minute that communism in Cuba will die with the Castros. You're wed to fantasy, not reality. It's been almost 50 years since Nixon opened the door to China, it's still communist, it's still stamping out democracy. But feel free to dream on.

As I said and you prove every time you roll out the same old crap, you have no imagination. China of today would not be recognized by Mao.
 
B5OUTXPCMAAcZN1.jpg
 
That's an analysis of liberation theology; not one word can be read as an endorsement.

Yeah, I wrote about 1930s-era Communists when I was in college too. It never occurred to me that someone might see that decades later and think it must mean I shared all their beliefs.

Anyway, you can already see the hysteria on this subject dying down.
 
I heard on the radio yesterday, Iranians' reaction to the news is, "Hey, maybe we're next?" :)
 
Hows this for some imagination? How about sone fucking reality for a change Adre?


Castro daughter: US 'dreaming' if they think Cuba will return to capitalism

The daughter of Cuban President Raul Castro said on Thursday the United States "must be dreaming" if it thinks Cuba will return to capitalism after both countries agreed to normalise diplomatic relations

If they don't, so what? We shouldn't care about their economic system as such, we should care about their human-rights record -- which they have plenty of room to improve without privatizing any state-owned industries. Normalized relations will better position us to influence them in that regard.
 
Last edited:
Hows this for some imagination? How about sone fucking reality for a change Adre?

Well, let's see. First, nice try at ascribing but I said nothing about Cuba and capitalism. Who the fuck is she to speak for the country anyway? You are aware that we have full trade with China, a Communist country.

Wanting to open up trade and travel with Cuba is accepting reality, not avoiding it. You are truly a fucking dinosaur man.
 
Back
Top