The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Egg and shrimp. Sounds even more interesting than the ship you were going to have. I was wondering if it would be a liner or a mere yacht. ;)

What are you drinking? while I sip my coffee? (Actually cup of Luaka Ceylon cuz I shall go into town to teach and get to sneak off to one of my favourite cafes with the award winning barrista, to snorf a teacake with cream and jam, ssshh, don't let HP hear! Nothing, dahlink! Go and have the calorie free chocolate cakes in Six Words.)

Your secret is safe with me....as long as you share some. ;)

Oh if I had my way, it would be a yacht. Care to sunbathe on the deck?

I had an Angry Orchard hard cider and now I'm finishing up a Captain and Coke.

LOL, I'll bring some home in my handbag for you. :)

Anything fun planned for the weekend? What's the weather going to be like in Seattle? It's a gorgeous day today, then tomorrow is forecast rain, annoyingly.

Angry Orchard is what my wife drinks. She likes the crisp apple flavor. Can't say I blame her; she has good taste.

Good morning, everyone. ;)

Angry Orchard is what my wife drinks. She likes the crisp apple flavor. Can't say I blame her; she has good taste.

Good morning, everyone. ;)

Always wanted to give it a try....so we got a case of it along with other flavors. :D

Coffee?

Always wanted to give it a try....so we got a case of it along with other flavors. :D

Coffee?

No, thanks. The wife and I got back from a date night, involving dinner and dancing. Unfortunately, she developed a migraine. It happens when she's in an atmosphere with too much smoke.

I'm finishing off the last pair of Belgo ales I have in the fridge and getting a little last-minute writing done.

Hey Willie! Hi. Of course she does - she has you!
:rose:

You're too kind. I like to tell her we both have good taste. ;)

Boo. Well steve, it looks like I took too long to put my idea together for "opinionated." :( I may write it up for you anyway, because it was going to be fun.

Oh Holy Mother of Pearl! It's only going to be three degrees out tomorrow? I don't think so!! Three and rainy tomorrow, six on Sunday and back into the low teens on Monday. I'll never be rid of this frigging headache!

It gets better. The weather report is warning about the possibility of morning flurries. Fuck. Me.

Please do. I had a couple of ideas around it myself (as in Word Chains and Post Office, I always try to leave the next person something I can at least find one solution to), but half the fun is seeing what others make of it. :)

*runs and gets a damp cloth* Eh, I wouldn't trust Olaf at the moment. He seems a bit....distracted.

With good reason, John. There's a lot of me to distract him... ;)

Egg and shrimp. Sounds even more interesting than the ship you were going to have. I was wondering if it would be a liner or a mere yacht. ;)

What are you drinking? while I sip my coffee? (Actually cup of Luaka Ceylon cuz I shall go into town to teach and get to sneak off to one of my favourite cafes with the award winning barrista, to snorf a teacake with cream and jam, ssshh, don't let HP hear! Nothing, dahlink! Go and have the calorie free chocolate cakes in Six Words.)

Morning, Naoko. I see you've been picking up stray cubs again... Seems like a nice fella. :)

No, thanks. The wife and I got back from a date night, involving dinner and dancing. Unfortunately, she developed a migraine. It happens when she's in an atmosphere with too much smoke.

I'm finishing off the last pair of Belgo ales I have in the fridge and getting a little last-minute writing done.

Sorry, didn't sea you there, slyc. Bad news about your wife's migraine. Sounds like you guys were having fun...

You ever find that bottle opener? :)

Please do. I had a couple of ideas around it myself (as in Word Chains and Post Office, I always try to leave the next person something I can at least find one solution to), but half the fun is seeing what others make of it. :)

With good reason, John. There's a lot of me to distract him... ;)

Morning, Naoko. I see you've been picking up stray cubs again... Seems like a nice fella. :)

LOL, John's not a stray, he seems very at home here with seafood mousse on his tummy. You're cuddly, I could just put a bit of white chocolate and green tea bavarois on your tummy, mmmmm! :devil:

Man, I must seriously make that stuff. It looks yummy! :p Don't wriggle so much, Steve, I can't help it if I'm tickling your tummy with my tongue.

Sorry, didn't sea you there, slyc. Bad news about your wife's migraine. Sounds like you guys were having fun...

You ever find that bottle opener? :)

Hell, no. Damn Olaf, that little pot-bellied, bearded prick. :p

Unfortunately, migraines are an almost daily part of my wife's life. She has a variety of issues that bring them on, most of them being stress-related. We still had a good night, including a little fun in the car on the way back . . . :devil:

Once home, though, it kicked in royally. I got her some medicine and an ice pack, tucked her in. I'll let her sleep in in the morning while I get up with the Little One.

Sorry to hear about the migraine, but glad you both had a good time, Willie.

Oh, are we doing body shots now, Duchess? :D:devil:

Ah, just made myself a Long Island Iced Tea. Hopefully Rolf won't mind that I was rummaging through his liquor stash.

Hell, no. Damn Olaf, that little pot-bellied, bearded prick. :p

Unfortunately, migraines are an almost daily part of my wife's life. She has a variety of issues that bring them on, most of them being stress-related. We still had a good night, including a little fun in the car on the way back . . . :devil:

Once home, though, it kicked in royally. I got her some medicine and an ice pack, tucked her in. I'll let her sleep in in the morning while I get up with the Little One.

"Pot-bellied, bearded prick?" Did somebody call...? Oh, "little." You must've meant Olaf...

LOL, John's not a stray, he seems very at home here with seafood mousse on his tummy. You're cuddly, I could just put a bit of white chocolate and green tea bavarois on your tummy, mmmmm! :devil:

Man, I must seriously make that stuff. It looks yummy! :p Don't wriggle so much, Steve, I can't help it if I'm tickling your tummy with my tongue.

Nooo, I didn't mean John. The other guy. The... umm... rugby "enthusiast..." <snerk>

Sorry to hear about the migraine, but glad you both had a good time, Willie.

Oh, are we doing body shots now, Duchess? :D:devil:

Ah, just made myself a Long Island Iced Tea. Hopefully Rolf won't mind that I was rummaging through his liquor stash.

Tell Olaf I said it was OK, John. He'll let it slide... ;)

Hey Willie! Hi. Of course she does - she has you!
:rose:

And you are going to be amazed at the chaos and worry caused by their union.
It's all somewhere in the histories; I remember it well; it was the first time I'd read something like that.

I'm going to start a campaign to reduce cream use. And teacakes.
And sweeties (is there such a thing as sweeties for diabetics? I do miss the marmalade).

Anyone fancy a fresh lettuce leaf ?
I can't summon up the courage quite and I'd rather it didn't wilt yet.

And you are going to be amazed at the chaos and worry caused by their union.
It's all somewhere in the histories; I remember it well; it was the first time I'd read something like that.

And sweeties (is there such a thing as sweeties for diabetics? I do miss the marmalade).

Yes. Yes, there are...

Chocolate éclair, anyone...?

stockleys_sugar_free_chocolate_eclairs_diabetic_sweets2.jpg

There’s a large yellow orb in the sky, blinding in its intensity. Oh, my eyes—they burn! And the sky is a strange shade of blue. Blue? Why is it not gray? There is no water falling from it.

Is it the end? Is this how Armageddon looks?

Ah, well, I guess I'll go out and pick up all the downed branches and get new glass for my cold frame. Can't write with Joey. He's down sick with something truly nasty, so it's work around the house.

*raising hand* Ooh, I'll sunbathe on the deck. Of course, arrangements will have to be made to be sure I remain covered in sunblock. ;)

Obviously you both have good taste. :) I'm sorry about the migraine your wife developed, although it sounds like she has someone to take very good care of her. :rose:

I've got something flitting about my head right now, based on a line I used in one of my series'. I'll have to send it to you later. :)

No lettuce for me - I can't stand having things caught in my braces. However, as steve posted, they are getting much better about sweeties for diabetics. They're even getting easier to find in wide distribution.

"Pot-bellied, bearded prick?" Did somebody call...? Oh, "little." You must've meant Olaf...

Nooo, I didn't mean John. The other guy. The... umm... rugby "enthusiast..." <snerk>

Tell Olaf I said it was OK, John. He'll let it slide... ;)

ROFLOL! Hey, ttrfanatic, are you happy to be one of my cubs? You're just eligible, because I'm so old. Steve is too, but I don't think he wants to be a cub, LOL. Nearly everyone on here can be a cub to me; I have high hopes of TxRad but he's so shy, he only pops in here waving his ropes around when I'm elsewhere.

Guys, I actually found that a whole flash on the side of my hair is going silvery-white! rather than there just being a few distinguished threads. I'm very excited, when it all goes white I'll be a silver foxy lady!

Molly, I'm really glad to hear the rain is passing. Does that mean Olaf and Rolf can stop building your ark and come back to the bar? Cuz poor John has had to go up and down fetching stuff for us. No, I do not send him up there for more whisky just because I like to see his sweet buns wiggling when he climbs the counter! ;)

'Lo, anna. :)

HP, there are lots of diabetic appropriate sweets and jams and all sorts these days. But I thought it was just a possibility, not a diagnosis?

STU-022686.jpg

Oh, heck yes. There has never in history been such a good time to be diabetic. Last night I made a bannock, a skillet bread with bacon on the bottom? For the flour I used half whole wheat and half bread flour and the result was amazing. Light, fluffy, moist . . . I toasted another piece this morning with a fried egg and am now sufficiently fortified that I can spend the morning straightening up the cave and getting ready for my beloved MIL's visit this weekend. And I have to go help mom grocery shop. At almost 91 she needs it.

Maybe tonight but probably tomorrow, all.

Oh, heck yes. There has never in history been such a good time to be diabetic. Last night I made a bannock, a skillet bread with bacon on the bottom? For the flour I used half whole wheat and half bread flour and the result was amazing. Light, fluffy, moist . . . I toasted another piece this morning with a fried egg and am now sufficiently fortified that I can spend the morning straightening up the cave and getting ready for my beloved MIL's visit this weekend. And I have to go help mom grocery shop. At almost 91 she needs it.

I didn't know you were diabetic, Bear. That bannock sounds great whatever! Are you going to post the recipe in your dinner thread, or in the AH recipe book?
:heart:

Pssst, John. One of these is yours. Did you want strawberry or raspberry jam. Ssssh!

Attachments

• Photo1063.jpg
    Photo1063.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 25
ROFLOL! Hey, ttrfanatic, are you happy to be one of my cubs? You're just eligible, because I'm so old. Steve is too, but I don't think he wants to be a cub, LOL. Nearly everyone on here can be a cub to me; I have high hopes of TxRad but he's so shy, he only pops in here waving his ropes around when I'm elsewhere.

Cub? I wasn't even a cub 30 years ago. I'm almost 20 years your senior. :cool:

Now about those ropes. Want to be a little taller? :devil:

*raising hand* Ooh, I'll sunbathe on the deck. Of course, arrangements will have to be made to be sure I remain covered in sunblock. ;)

Of course. Just lay down in the deck chair next to mine and give a shout whenever you need some applied. ;):devil:

At least that makes me feel a little better if the test results don't turn out the way I like.

Pssst, John. One of these is yours. Did you want strawberry or raspberry jam. Ssssh!

Oh yummy! Strawberry please. :D:heart:

Last edited:
HP, there are lots of diabetic appropriate sweets and jams and all sorts these days. But I thought it was just a possibility, not a diagnosis?

STU-022686.jpg

Thank you. Enquiries of my local supermarket (no go as yet) and my local Chemist (that's 'Pharmacy' for non UK readers), indicate that diet jams cause more problems than they solve. So I got some ordinary marmalade for now (Duerrs Fine Cut Seville Orange).

I have discovered why I feel slightly dizzy after taking swift * actions. It's my Atenolol (Beta Blockers) stopping my ticker going off wild.
* Swift is a very relative term, folks. I ain't ready to run much, yet.

But I am getting there.

Okay, sent it!

There’s a large yellow orb in the sky, blinding in its intensity. Oh, my eyes—they burn! And the sky is a strange shade of blue. Blue? Why is it not gray? There is no water falling from it.

Is it the end? Is this how Armageddon looks?

Ah, well, I guess I'll go out and pick up all the downed branches and get new glass for my cold frame. Can't write with Joey. He's down sick with something truly nasty, so it's work around the house.
If it is Armageddon, it got cold up here again. Just when my sinuses were starting to cooperate with me again....

Okay, really, what is the age difference required to be a "cub?" I don't know about ttr, but john's pretty much the only one who qualifies as a "cub."

Cub? I wasn't even a cub 30 years ago. I'm almost 20 years your senior. :cool:
I wasn't paying that much attention 30 years ago. Did women refer to younger men as "cubs" back then?

Of course. Just lay down in the deck chair next to mine and give a shout whenever you need some applied. ;):devil:
Remind me to roll over in half an hour and slather it on then. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back