Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, why can't you use crown moulding block with cove moulding?

The blind leading the uh, blind. :cool:

She doesn't want blinds, she wants moulding blocks.

Maybe Ogg can help? He's bound to have some pictures.

OMG, one of the kittens crawled through a tiny gap and got under the sink! Thank Goodness I never fixed the skirting board which I noticed was loose at the other end, so I could pull it out and let the kitten out that way. Grrrr.
:cool:

Agh agh, the cold tap in the bathroom has sprung a leak and I've had to turn the water off in the house.
I cannot turn on my washing machine! Aaaaah, aaaah! I can't bear it, gasp gasp. I will have to go to the dealer and sit in front of their washing machines looking with big pleading eyes and begging to just touch the knobs ... of the washing machines! puhlease.
And the music I'm listening to is of course Velvet Underground I'm Waiting for the Man. By which I mean the plumber.

Agh agh, the cold tap in the bathroom has sprung a leak and I've had to turn the water off in the house.
I cannot turn on my washing machine! Aaaaah, aaaah! I can't bear it, gasp gasp. I will have to go to the dealer and sit in front of their washing machines looking with big pleading eyes and begging to just touch the knobs ... of the washing machines! puhlease.
And the music I'm listening to is of course Velvet Underground I'm Waiting for the Man. By which I mean the plumber.

I have individual shutoff valves for each side of every tap in the house. Redundant, redundant, yes, yes, but you never have to shut all the water off. That is unless someone chops the main water line in two pieces. :rolleyes:

I think I got up five times to pee last night, due to drinking excessive amounts of water during and after kung fu class last night. and then I woke up almost an hour late... (still made it to work early :rolleyes: )

I have individual shutoff valves for each side of every tap in the house. Redundant, redundant, yes, yes, but you never have to shut all the water off. That is unless someone chops the main water line in two pieces. :rolleyes:

Dahlink, I have only just learnt how to put water in the wishy washy wiper bottle in the car. I'm not sure I'm ready yet to install shutoff valves on every tap in the house. And HP frowned on my choice of black sealant for the bathtub :(.

I am willing to learn, tho'. I'm sure I'd be a good plumber's mate. ;)

Uh, why can't you use crown moulding block with cove moulding?

The blind leading the uh, blind. :cool:

I suck at mitered corners. That might have a bit to do with my available tools, though: A protractor; a sanding block; a drywall saw; a styrofoam saw; a tack hammer.

I finally gave up on the cove moulding and just put up simple strips. It looks pretty good.

Especially if you're kinda short, kinda near-sighted and don't look very closely. :catgrin:

I suck at mitered corners. That might have a bit to do with my available tools, though: A protractor; a sanding block; a drywall saw; a styrofoam saw; a tack hammer.

I finally gave up on the cove moulding and just put up simple strips. It looks pretty good.

Especially if you're kinda short, kinda near-sighted and don't look very closely. :catgrin:

A girl after my own heart. :rose: :kiss:

At least now i know what to get you for Christmas. A Miter saw and Miter box. ;)

A girl after my own heart. :rose: :kiss:

At least now i know what to get you for Christmas. A Miter saw and Miter box. ;)
Oh, there's one out in the garage. However, this was polystrene moulding about an inch thick and hardly seemed worth battling the brown recluses.

Spackle and caulking hide a multitude of sins.

Oh, there's one out in the garage. However, this was polystrene moulding about an inch thick and hardly seemed worth battling the brown recluses.

Spackle and caulking hide a multitude of sins.

I've heard that before. Down at the beauty shop, I think. :cool:

And yet again, I am the bubble boy in an important poker game. I needed to come in 3rd (just like last week), and came in 4th (just like last week)...

I've heard that before. Down at the beauty shop, I think. :cool:

I can't believe that you have any need to go down to the beauty shop, you gorgeous hunk. :kiss:

And yet again, I am the bubble boy in an important poker game. I needed to come in 3rd (just like last week), and came in 4th (just like last week)...

Oooh, 'bubble boy', that sounds ... interesting. :devil:

LOL, there are some FAWC stories with poker in them ... oh, I can't say any more until the competition is over in case I give away whether I wrote or didn't write them. They are hot. Whether I might have written them, or not.

Not that I believe in Fate or anything. Well, it's more like I don't want to. Cuz I once had my cards read by a total bastard and it was a horrible reading. Everything in it came true. I met a man afterwards who said, "Your whole life is a pack of cards, and if you have a reading, you've chosen which ones to play." I was rather struck by that, so I never had a tarot reading again - not that I believe in it.

And when I go to apply for my ticket out of Stepford, what happens? The website is being redesigned and all my possible tickets have disappeared.

Is the Universe trying to tell me something? Should I just shut up and stay here in the kitchen, kicking the kittens?

Oh well I better cook some lunch I suppose.
:mad::(

Fecking Hell, the job webpage is still completely not working.
:mad:

Oh well, at least I got an unsolicited PM asking me to chat! My very first! Well, unless you count that one who tried to talk to me about rugby. Bwaaa ha ha ha!

I am going to go and get my hair cut. It has only been about seven years since I had it done, so that should be entertaining! Don't worry, I'll only have it trimmed. Then I can still let it down if some charming prince shows up with a job to rescue me from my tower in Stepford.
:rolleyes:

(I will email the regional office and point out that I set aside these few days without Piglet especially for applying for my ticket out of Stepford and can they email me the job details - there. They don't give out these PhDs for nothing, you know. You have to shake your booty a bit - ha ha ha! if only. :) )

Oh, Glynndah,
I do wish I had your command of the humorous turn of phrase.
:rose:

Last edited:
Me, too. This feeling of slowly strangling every night is not in the least bit enjoyable. :(

I did notice you're NOT wishing for my command of carpentry. :cathappy:

Well, travelling expenses would be somewhat prohibitive, wouldn't they?

Some of my own attempts at DIY may be better seen as a demonstration more of the science of adhesives, for example, than the aesthetic completion of the task. My painting may remind one of some of the wilder excesses of the modernist movement; wall-paper is best done in a non-patterned paper; patterns are another country.
The only 'good' stuff is electronic (even then it can look "strange", but it usually works well for a long time).

Last edited:
"As part of our continuing effort to provide you with a wonderful Yahoo! Mail experience, we want to make sure the mail you send gets to the friends, family or other contacts you are trying to reach. In support of this commitment, we have removed Yahoo! email addresses from your address book that are no longer valid. All other information remains part of your address book. "

Oh, you bastards! Wipe out my memories, will you? :mad: If I wanted to delete email addresses, I would have. Bloody bastards.

"As part of our continuing effort to provide you with a wonderful Yahoo! Mail experience, we want to make sure the mail you send gets to the friends, family or other contacts you are trying to reach. In support of this commitment, we have removed Yahoo! email addresses from your address book that are no longer valid. All other information remains part of your address book. "

Oh, you bastards! Wipe out my memories, will you? :mad: If I wanted to delete email addresses, I would have. Bloody bastards.

Oh dampy, I am sorry. I can't believe it. How infuriating.

Write to them and complain bitterly.
At the very least, it will reduce your blood pressure.

This is a happy isolated blurt.

Last night I saw a showing of Tommy at the Stratford Festival, and it was AMAZING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back