Moon Lit Town (open)

EroticLiteracy

Literotica Guru
CAW

CAW

The buzzard’s overhead were calling out above him claiming him. His eyelids fluttered but he didn’t open them. His body felt achy and tired the wings on his back crumpled. He knew he should move but he didn’t instead curling and uncurling his long fingers as he took in the sand and rock around him.

CAW!

A buzzard swooped down biting at the wounds on his body. He growled in response and it shrieked flying back up into the sky as it registered shock. He chuckled at that revealing a row of pearly white teeth.
Was it time to get up? He couldn’t recall how long he laid on this dusty hot ground. Time was different when you were an immortal like him. Minutes and hours sometimes seemed like seconds. Time was nothing more than an illusion a fleeting moment the father created….

He supposed it was time to move. He pushed himself up finally opening his eyes and taking in the harsh Texas desert all around him. As if on que a tumbleweed rolled by kicking up faint plumes of dust as it kept on its journey. The buzzards overhead still circled watching him and trying to figure out what was going on with their meal.

He looked around and sighed when he saw his battered old Stetson. He grabbed it and pushed it over his head getting a slight respite from the sun overhead. He looked down at his bare chest taking stock of the long festering wounds on his muscular tan chest. He reached out and probed it frowning when his hands came back sticky with blood.

“Shit” He murmured rising to his feet. He towered over the landscape coming in at six two and looking like some creature born in a lab. His muscular body tightened and pulled as he stretched wincing as the wounds throbbed in response.
“That damn Gabriel” He growled realizing he was naked save for his hat.
He looked up at the sky.

“You left me for dead and took my clothes?!” He shouted out “You’re a real asshole “uncle!”

He didn’t receive any response… not that he expected to. Gabriel was no doubt long gone and focused on other things than he. He had all of heaven to watch over after all….

He took a few more minutes to stretch and then began to walk. His dirt stained feet moved across the harsh desert earth. He wasn’t sure where he was going just trusted his feet to take him there. Sweat began to run down his naked body as he trekked across the desert yet the heat didn’t seem to bother him.
Eventually he came upon an abandoned house and barn. A brief search revealed a simple pair of jeans and a white button-down T shirt. He pulled on the clothing cinching the oval buckle belt that was discarded in the corner of the bedroom. Once he was dressed he hunted for food and water. He didn’t necessarily NEED the substance but it made him feel more human.

He liked feeling human.

One dusty water bottle later he was moving again his feet still bare. He began to hunt searching for a creature whose life force he could drain. He eventually found a lizard under a rock who blinked at him with questioning eyes.

“I’m sorry” He said reaching out and snatching the creature up before he could scatter away “Please forgive me”

He closed his eyes and angry looking red runes began to appear on his neck and hands. The lizard writhed and moved as it tried to get away. It was the basic of instincts the flight or fight that said something very very bad was about to happen. The lizards skin began to darken as it writhed harder. Eventually it stopped and slumped forward. He opened his eyes and dropped the dead creature. He buried it so its body wouldn’t be picked off and after saying a quick prayer he continued on his way.

He felt his wounds healing as he walked. The lizard’s life force wasn’t enough to sate him completely but he was used to that. He would have needed a human to completely slack his hunger and he didn’t do that. His was an eternal battle the demon from his mother’s side battling against the angel from his father.

Eventually a town appeared in the distance. The minute his eyes fell on it he found himself moving with renewed purpose. He all but ran to the town in the final stretch eager and drawn to it. The town wasn’t much to look at with one long “main” street and several smaller ones. A church sat in the center square along with a diner and what looked like a pawn shop. He moved toward the dinner first slowly pushing the door open and sighing as a blast of cold air hit him.

The diner was more or less empty. A few patrons that he assumed were locals eyed him as he stepped in. He moved towards the bar sliding into an empty chair and taking off his hat. He ran a hand through his dusty black hair. His eyes one blue and one green swept over the bar as he took it in. When the waitress came up he cleared his throat before speaking.

“My name is Zachariah” He said smiling at the woman. He was young but had the look of someone MUCH older.

“Can I have a menu please?” He asked smiling politely “What town am I in?”

Regina loved the slow pace of the town. For four years since she left New York, she had never been more content and peaceful. Nevermind that there were no high-rise apartments, trendy fashion stores and high tech gadgets that just made life a blur. In this sleepy town, Reggie's, as her nameplate said, life was simpler. Easier. And she was enjoying every moment of it. And the locals didn't mind that she wasn't from around here. They were all a friendly lot. Much friendlier than New Yorkers.

"Thank you," she smiled at the couple who just left and pocketed the tip they gave her.

Rolling up her sleeves, Reggie began to clear the plates with her tanned skin. She blew a stray strand of brown hair from her face and walked back behind the counter to give them to the dishwasher-slash-cook.

"Hey, Rick!" She flashed a five dollar bill. "Got a fiver from a couple. Putting it in the box."

"Thanks!" Rick got up from where he sat near the stove to wash the dishes. "You really need it more than I do, you know."

"I told you, I'm good. Besides, you work just as hard as I do."

"But I don't get crap from them outsiders."

Reggie just flashed a grin as the bell to the door rang. It was sweet that Rick often forgot she wasn't originally from around town. She turned around and saw a new guy. He was certainly tall. At least half a foot taller than she was. And he looked worse for wear. The poor guy.

As the new guy made his way to the bar, she filled a glass with water and ice, and nabbed a menu before making her way toward him.

"Well, good to meet you Zachiriah," Reggie put the glass of water and the menu in front of him just as he finished speaking. "You're in Taccanuka. Basically the middle of nowhere." She paused as her dark eyes met his mismatched ones. "Jewish name, strange eyes and worse for wear...hope you're not in any trouble because there's only one sheriff here and I doubt he's ever seen action. But if you need hiding, you've come to the right place. People here are pretty nice about that sort of thing." She kept herself from saying more knowing that she would be drawing on her own experiences, and that wasn't a matter she was open to yet. Not even to the family she left behind--which was to say, an estranged brother who was the epitome of a successful high-flying executive.

As it often did when she was close to discuss about her past, images of her former life blew past her. Her constant need to go to the gym, eating out to posh places, always staying up late either from going to bars and clubs or from overtime. And as always, she couldn't help but compare it to her life now: walking or jogging to the nearby canyons to watch the sun either rise or set, knowing and even growing her own food and actually cooking them, and sleeping early never needing an energy drink or several shots of espresso before she could work.

And no. She had no plans of going back to the city. She had it good here.

Reggie smiled at Zachariah in reflection of her thoughts. "You need anything else? Like a place to stay?"

Last edited:
She said he was in some town called Taccanuka and he grunted in response. There was something familiar about the name but he couldn’t place it. His memories…. They were hit and miss like that. He was still young by an immortal’s standards yet he already walked the earth for three hundred years. Names and places sometimes blurred together and even the places he had been to seemed new sometimes. Still there was something there something knocking at the edges of his memories.

He released a slow breath and drank the water. He decided to let it come to him with time and leave it at that. He long ago learned not to trouble himself to much with things. Life was too long to spend it worrying.
Beside he had enough to worry about.

“No trouble I promise” He said to her watching as she danced around the tables. His eyes ran up and down her form and a pleasing smirk appeared. The mortal woman wasn’t bad on the eyes pleasing even in the workers drab she wore. He thought about what her body might look underneath the outfit and he couldn’t help but moan a bit. Lust was another thing that fed the demonic side of his heritage. It gave him strength but could weaken him if the Angel rebelled.
And it so often did.

“I will however see about that place to stay” He said deciding he was in no hurry to leave. The father above led him here and he was content to let things play out.
“I could get a job and pay the rent if its needed” He said gulping down the rest of his water and pulling the menu out “who exactly do I talk to about such a thing?”

“That’d be me”

A stranger walked out from the back his hand on the buckle of his gun belt. A six-shooter sat in the holster and Zachary could tell just by looking at it that it was oiled and ready to draw at any moment. He was a black man with a shiny bald head and hard-edged eyes. However that wasn’t what interested Zachary the most.

It was his aura.

He was supernatural though Zachary wasn’t sure what he was. His aura was a flickering flame of mystical energy. By the look in the stranger’s eyes he was aware of WHAT Zachary was. Zachary acknowledged it with a dip of his head as well as rising to shake the man’s head.

“Name is Bo” The black man said stepping forward “I can help you with the housing…. Among other things”

Reggie smiled as Bo came in offering his help to the stranger. "You can count on him," she winked at Zacharias. "I got my flat from him too. I just hope you don't mind if it lacks the most modern of conveniences. But it does have a working shower, toilet and kitchen, so you're going to be all set. And you don't need to worry about nosy neighbors. The closest neighbor you can have is about twenty steps away. Oh, and by the way, you can take your time browsing the menu and speaking with Bo, I'll just need to take some orders and I'll get back to you as quick as I can."

With a slight curl of a smile on her lips she walked over to one of the tables taking their orders and giving time for the newcomer and Bo to talk.

To most of the people around town, Reggie was, perhaps, the most cheerful person in town, always full of stories and genuinely interested in everybody. Half of her disposition was real, but half of it was a habit formed out of forcing herself to forget all the problems that she had. At the end of the day, it was what saved her and her sanity.

Her steps were light as she walked, almost seeming to skip to the kitchen window where Rick leaned over. The portly man was leaning out looking toward Zacharias brows knitted. He shook his head and turned to Reggie taking the sheet of paper from her.

"Interested in him?" Reggie asked.

"That's..." Rick shrugged. "Let's just say that he's an interesting individual." He gave her a knowing smile.

"Yeah. Blue and green eyes. One on each eye! That's pretty amazing." Reggie glanced back at Zacharias her smile growing wider.

Rick laughed, his eyes twinkling as if they held a secret. "That it is." He disappeared behind his part of the diner still chuckling.

Reggie scratched her head not getting what was funny. And with the way Rick did not even give a hint, it was apparent she was not going to get in on the secret. Well, she did have secrets of her own so she didn't pry. Instead, she came back to Zachariah just as he finished discussing with Bo. "Order? I hope it wasn't too difficult to choose between a burger, a sloppy joe and ribs." She paused blinking and slapped her forehead feeling feeling silly. "Oh, right. I'm Reggie. I kind of forget everyone kind of knows me already." She stuck her tongue out feeling a little abashed.

Reggie stared at him wondering what Rick saw, but aside from the mismatched eyes, there was absolutely nothing wrong. All she saw was that through the dirt, grime and disheveled appearance, he was a strong and handsome man, though his eyes showed an inner conflict...and a weakness. Whatever he had been through, it was not easy. And she wanted to help. Just like the town had helped her.

Last edited:
“I’ll speak to you later” Bo said placing a hand on Zachary shoulder and moving away as the pretty waitress came up.

“Thanks Bo” He said fingering the key to the small dusty house in the center of the town. Their conversation was quick but spoke volumes about what the town was. Now that he was attuned he could feel the mystical energy that permeated the ground below him. He got the sense he had been here before but… well the memories weren’t coming. Bo was werewolf and the towns local protector. There were a few other supernatural creatures currently residing in the town but Bo said the others would want to introduce himself.

And just like that he was accepted by the town welcomed even! It was strange but he found it comforting. It was a long time ago where people were this friendly and interested in helping out a stranger. Even the mortals were nice here!

The waitress finally introduced herself as Reggie. Zachary smiled at her and handed the menun back shaking his head about her ordering.

“The water is fine” Zachary said sliding out of the barstool “I best go check out the new place anyways…. If you want you can swing by after you get done here”
He winked at her moving to the door and stepping out into the harsh Texas sun. He found his new home easily enough sandwiched between the local bar and pawn shop. It was a one story one-bedroom home that was tiny and just his size. He stepped in coughing a bit at the dust and hurriedly opening some windows to clear out the air.

Reggie blinked at him as he stepped out then looked back down at the menu on her hands. He didn't even eat at all! She pursed her lips as he stepped out. He looked like he needed nourishment. Or maybe he just wanted to rest first. But still, on an empty stomach? She shook her head and just before she went back to work, Bo stopped her and gave her a piece of paper.

"This is where he'll be staying if you are going to see him."

Reggie looked at the address and nodded giving Bo a smile. "Thanks for helping him out," she said just as the bell chimed for her to pick up the orders. She spun on her heel and went back to work.

Just as the diner was about to close, she spoke with Rick and asked for a takeout. Rick gave her quite a lot, and at the same time, the cook refused the payment as the owner of the place. But even as Reggie insisted, he insisted back that half the tips she was giving to him was more than payback for the meals she asked for. And, truth was, there was no changing Rick's mind once he made it up. What Reggie could not place was the constant grin he had on his face, like a secret joke she should be getting, but wasn't.

After closing down the diner, she headed to the address Bo gave her and knocked on the door to Zacharias' new place, takeout in hand.

He was meditating when the knock came floating off the ground. He was taking the time to align himself to feel harmonic convergence. His was a never-ending battle as he tried to get the demon and the angel to live in harmony. Both sides needed to be fed, even though the acts one wanted hurt the other one. Meditating was one of the few ways he could keep it all contained.

There was another knock and he dropped landing back on his feet. He grabbed his shirt tucking his wings back in as he pulled the tight fitting black shirt over his torso. He walked over to the door and pulled it open revealing the pretty waitress who was so kind to him before.

“Reggie” He said his tone warm and continued. He spotted the food in her hands and made the guess that she was hear bearing gifts.

“Come in” He said stepping back and letting her walk in. He closed the door behind him leading her into his small kitchen.

“You didn’t have to do this” He said smiling at her “But thank you will you sit and eat with me? I dislike eating alone something fierce”

When the door opened, she noted, with a smile that Zacharias had not gotten much rest and did not get around to cleaning himself up. But then again, that was probably expected. Whatever he went through was probably still haunting him in one way or another. Even she would have a difficult time sleeping, and would certainly prioritize resting over taking a bath.

"Reggie. Come in."

"Thanks," she said following him into the kitchen. "I hope you don't mind that I only chose one of each menu item. I didn't know which you'd like."

“You didn’t have to do this, but thank you. Will you sit and eat with me? I dislike eating alone something fierce.”

Reggie smiled. "Are you sure? You look like you can eat everything I brought by yourself. Though, if you insist, I can oblige."

She looked around at his new place and saw that he hadn't cleaned it up either. She put down the food she bought and looked around seeing dust everywhere. "Tell you what, you go eat and I'll clean up the place. I don't think all this dust is going to help you rest." She looked around the whole place and did not see a single cleaning equipment.

"I could probably go back home and get some stuff to clean all this up. But if you really want to eat with someone, I'll can eat with you first." She took out the food and turned paper bag into a place mat. "So, sloppy Joe, a burger and ribs. Choose your poison," she grinned sitting opposite him.

He watched as she laid out the food not having the heart to tell her that eating for him didn’t do much. Oh he enjoyed the food and would make sure to show that but his energy was replenished through other means. Each of his sides needed to be filled in some way the demon and the angel. The demon tended to be the easiest to appease. There was more than enough evil in the world nowadays more than enough to keep that side of him calm. It was the angel side of his genetics he had the biggest issue with.

“Its mighty fine of you to do this for me” He said again as he mentioned cleaning and the like. His kindness touched him, touched him in a deep satisfied way. He loved humanity the mortal whose life span only lasted a few decades. They loved fiercely and most of them were willing to give for some one else.

“You don’t have to clean” He said chuckling “I just got settled in and haven’t had a chance yet. Please sit”

He pulled out her chair for her and once she sat down pushed it in. He moved going over to his side and sitting down across from her. He grabbed the sloppy joe and waited for her to take a bite before eating himself. He bit into the food and chewed smiling even as his body slightly protested. It was good but didn’t satisfy the hunger he felt inside.

“So are you planning on spending the rest of your life here?” He asked as he ate a few more bites.

As Reggie chewed the food in her mouth she looked at Zachariah with a smile noting the gentleman he was. Chivalry was not dead after all. Besides, she didn't buy that nonsense radical feminist movement. That was complete bull. Men and women definitely need each other...and it was a bonus when guys are easy on the eyes. Like Zachariah. Not that she was expecting anything out of their time together, at least romantically. Being friends was nice. And not that she was ruling out any possibility of being romantically involved either. It was just that they didn't know each other well enough yet.

"Well, maybe," Reggie said after swallowing her bite. "I mean, things are really nice around here. No pressure like the big cities. No need for you to always catch up to the latest thing. And best.of all, I don't have to go to an expensive place to know I'm getting real food. Not the trash McDonald's churn out. And I guess I don't really need much. Capitalism isn't all its cracked up to be. Having more doesn't mean you can be happier. It just means you have more."

She took another bite and swallowed it before she spoke again. "So, how about you, if you don't mind me asking? Are you going to stay here long? 'Coz if you are, I could show you a really nice place if you're getting bored." She added the last part in the spur of the moment as she scanned him from head to toe. He sure looked like he needed something nice. Something to make him feel better after whatever he had been through. But as she remembered how to get there, she grimaced.

"Or depends on whether you're up for it, of course. You might be tired and it will take a bit of walking unless we have a motorcycle or a bike. Just tell me when you want to go see it."

“Am I going to stay here long?” He echoed leaning back and contemplating the question.

The easy answer was he didn’t know. He was by nature a homebody who preferred to put down roots for a few millenniums before moving on. However the life of an immortal didn’t usually allow for such luxuries. Soon enough something or someone would call to him. The winds of fate would change and he would be out and onto another adventure.

Still there was no reason he couldn’t stay for a few centuries. He passed for 35 and so he usually was able to last twenty years in one place before people got suspicious.

“I’ll probably be staying a while” Zachary finally said not committing to anything more “And I would love to check out your spot maybe not tonight as I got no wheels but tomorrow”

He finished the sloppy joe and pushed his plate away. He motioned for her to keep eating if she was still hungry and moved over to the window. He pushed the blinds aside and took in the quite sleepy town. Something still nagged on the back of his mind something he should remember but didn’t.

“Your towns humming with all sorts of energy” He said more to himself than her “It’s a good town that attracts the weird and strange isn’t it?”

"Good then," Reggie smiled as indicated his intent to stay. "You're going to love it here if you're into slow pace and peace. Haven't seen or heard of even a petty crime being committed here. And as for the place, you don't really need a car. Or maybe you do if you don't really go on long walks or jogs. I guess it's just part of what I do everyday so I kind of don't notice the distance anymore. So what time tomorrow? Before dawn and before sunset are the best times. And if you'd like a little dip, bring extra clothes."

She cocked her head to the side as he finished. It was strange for him to not have much of an appetite--if she went by his appearance. Or maybe that made more sense. After all, someone who just went through something might not have much of an appetite after surviving the ordeal. Everyone just had their own ways of coping. He may not have the appetite just as she devoured everything rick gave her when her car broke down in front of his diner.

Just as she finished her burger, he muttered out an observation just loud enough that she could hear it more clearly. "Well, I've never been much of the popular type myself when I was in high school. I was the weird kid, so yeah, I guess you could say that. Anything else strange besides your eyes? I mean, they're really pretty, just really unusual."

With his back to her, Reggie couldn't see his eyes, but he could see his back, well defined under the shirt he was wearing. He was built well, and his frame and the way his shirt clung to his muscles was every man in the gym's dream. Not too big and stocky, yet, not thin and lanky. It was the right amount of muscle in all the right places.

Suddenly noticing she was staring, she quickly turned to her food and devoured a big bite to finish it, her cheeks puffing up to get everything inside her mouth.

Last edited:
“I think I might” He said in answer to her declaration about him liking it here. He meant it to even with all of the super natural creatures that seemed to populate the town. For once he didn’t feel like there was a countdown an invisible timer that ticked down how long he could stay. With so many super naturals in this town maybe he stood a chance of staking a claim here.

She further mentioned the spot and he nodded. The idea of spending time with her was a pleasing thought. Being around such a pleasing nice personality would do the angel side of him good. He wasn’t planning on feeding on it but it would act like a balm for at least one side of his split soul. She was good looking to pretty in a girl next door sort of way.

“I’ll leave it up to you” He said coming back over to the chair and sitting down “I have a few odd jobs set up but nothing more”

He noticed her eating fast and chuckled to himself. He gestured for her to continue but made no move to touch his own food.

“As for what’s strange beside my eyes” He said winking a smile showing on his handsome face as he regarded her “You’re just going to have to wait to see!”
He chuckled at that and let her swallow her bite before clearing his throat.

“So what is there to do for fun besides this spot your talking about?” He asked curious “Is there somewhere the community hangs out at and haves fun?”

Back