Sex and Blood (closed)

"Uh yeah she was still in there," Derrick spoke through noisy chews and slurps "...she was washing up I guess."

Xander had lifted his head up to witness the spectacle that was his brother devouring his breakfast before looking back down the table to eve. He eyed the rest of them, the other four. Tobin, Gavin, Eve and Liz. They had been talking about something just as he and Derrick had entered but now the conversation had seemed to shift.

"What's all the stuff there?" he asked looking at the pile of scattered papers on the table through his long black bangs.

Tobin looked down from his food which he was just about to start eating.

"It's...," Tobin glanced at Gavin who was silently pleading "... It's nothing." He collected the papers up and tucked them in his back pants pocket defeatedly.

Gavin continued his meal and nodded his gratitude in his friend's direction.

"I'm sure she'll be along soon... Dunno what the hell she's gonna eat though. Thanks Derrick."

"Oh she can have mine... I'm not that hungry anyway," Tobin lied. He was starving but he'd rather give his meal to Chelsea since that ass Derrick ate the rest of the food it looked like.

"I'm sure she'll be along soon."

The door opened and Chelsea walked in. She squeezed herself next to Tobin with a smile and and regarded Derrick who was polishing off the rest of breakfast.

"Derrick, I get you’re hard up and desperate but if you ever pull some shit like you did this morning with me again I’ll fucking ruin you."

"No idea what your talking about sweetheart," Derrick said through a cocky smile.

As she took a piece of toast off Tobin's plate he realized she must not of heard them.

"Hey Chelsea you can totally have my food, I'm not too hungry." He pushed it in her direction with a smile. His eyes looking at her a bit too long before he tore his vision away and leaned against his elbow nervously.

------------------------------------------------

It was still the bright time outside.

He couldn't get very far, unless he wanted the pain. And he didn't.

He amused himself with the toy girl. Her limbs still clinging together with thin rubbery strands that wouldn't snap after he had twisted them. The blood had long dried and caked on her knee bones and the cartilage had all but popped off.

He lifted her by her neck and wondered were the top was. The pretty part.

He looked beneath around and all over but couldn't find it.

He was so angry, it was such a pretty face. Even after he pulled most of the softness off it was so pretty. He needed a knew one. So many pretty ones back where they all made noises and slept.

He tossed her into the corner, her exposed bones and rotting flesh crumpling to the floor with a chattering and thud.

He rocked back and forth sitting in the dark place....

Waiting...

Waiting for the dark time. For night.
 
Last edited:
Chelsea ignored Derrick’s reply, smiling at Tobin instead.

"Hey Chelsea you can totally have my food, I'm not too hungry."

“It’s okay, I just wanted the toast,” she said, slipping her hand under the table to rest on his thigh. She was hoping they’d get to spend more time together at some point today.

“Once you guys finish eating we’ll get started with training,” Eve said between bites.

She was nearly done with her food and anxious to get some space from Gavin. Since the other two women were new to this it would take most of the day to go over everything. She figured Gavin would spend as much time with the guys, especially since Xander seemed like he’d be extra difficult.

A few minutes later everyone seemed more or less finished eating and Eve stood up.

“We’ll clean up since you cooked, Gavin.”

She started grabbing plates and the other two girls followed suit. She led them into the kitchen and started to rinse the dishes off before putting them aside to go in the dishwasher.

“Usually there is a kitchen staff but they won’t be here for a couple more days so until then we’ll just switch off kitchen duties with the guys. Once we finish up in here I’ll take you guys around and show you the whole camp, then we can get started with training.”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liz walked into the cabin and flopped down on her bed. It was nearly 5:30 and she was drained. They had spent the whole day having Eve show them the ropes only stopping for a quick lunch break. She was sweaty and dirty but getting up and even walking to the bathroom for a shower seemed like too much.

“You mind if I shower first,” Chelsea asked, looking as miserable as Liz was.

“No, go for it, I’m pretty content just laying here.”

Eve had left them at the cabin while she want to go get dinner started. She’d told them to shower and change before meeting her there to help finish up. By the time Chelsea got out of the shower Liz had motivated herself to get up and she headed into the bathroom.

Chelsea changed into clean shorts and pulled a tight t-shirt on. She finished putting the rest of her clothes from her bag away while she waited on Liz. She was worn out but the shower had helped and she was looking forward to a relaxing evening, at least once they’d finished helping Eve with dinner.

Liz came out of the bathroom already dressed and once she’d slipped her shoes back on they headed towards the chow hall. Eve was nearly done with dinner and asked Liz to make a salad while Chelsea got out plates, glasses, and silverware. When the guys walked in ten minutes later the food was all set out and ready.
 
Derrick leaned against the large old tree, his massive arms folded across the varsity letters emblazoned on the chest of his shirt.

Gavin and the others were going over the camps schedule and attempting to discover what strengths, if any, Tobin and Xander had in regard to dealing with children.

"We need to go through crafts," Gavin began "wicker baskets aren't that hard to make but the thing is you need to actually instruct the campers while you...."

He trailed off as he noticed Derrick's attention was elsewhere.

The four of them had done a few workshops and discussed what it would be like when the camp was actually open but nothing seemed to hold the jock's attention unless it had 38 double Ds. Even if Derrick was seasoned he should still pay attention to how to train others if he wanted to be third key.

"Have you forgotten our little discussion Derrick?"

The largest counselor's gaze was still fixed on a far off point. It was late and Gavin had said they were heading back to have dinner right after one last thing when he noticed something hanging from a tree several yards away.

He didn't think anything of it till the moonlight hit it just right and he could make out it was a long string of red. He figured it was some strange flower but had been staring at it when Gavin approached him.

"Hey! You need to listen to this stuff yknow?"

Gavin turned to see what Derrick was looking at when he heard Xander scuffling and yelling profanity.

"Gavin... Who else is out here?" Xander sputtered as he nearly choked on his Mountain Dew.

The goth had all but fallen off the stump he was sitting on near the campfire Gavin made and rose to his feet, his teeth clenched and his eyes darting about the woods.

"Huh? Uhm...n-no one? Why?"

"I just saw something out there."

They were starting to get him nervous, Gavin turned to Tobin accusingly.

"Dude, what the fuck? Are you talking about those murders again?"

"Murders! What fucken murders?!" The brothers said in unison, all their differences bleeding away and replaced with an identical fear and voice.

'Tap. Tap. Tap.'

The four of them froze.

Gavin and Derrick were on their feet several feet from the fire and Tobin was seated on the earthen floor. Xander finally moved as they heard the sound again.

'Tap. Tap. Tap.'

Like something hard hitting a log or tree.

Again the tapping, followed by a scraping sound like something was being dragged.

It sounded closer.

The three of them instinctively came to the same conclusion and started gathering their things....

"What fucken murders?," Xander probed quietly as he tossed some water at the fire, extinguishing it.

The darkness was unbearable now and seemed to amplify the quiet. It was much brighter when they made the fire, and suddenly camp seemed very far away.

Gavin shook his head as if to dismiss the question.

"That's it for now...lets go back to eat," Gavin instructed... Realizing he was whispering.

"G-gladly," Tobin replied... His teeth chattering from the cold drifting towards them from the lake.

The walk back took forever, or at least it seemed to. Derrick disappeared early on but eventually the four were reunited and found their way to the lights of camp and the inviting smells of the mess hall.

Derrick had been very quiet since.

They entered the cafeteria and saw the girls waiting on them.

They sat quietly and glanced at each other. Tobin was watching the windows and Derrick was wringing his hands which had a tinge of red on them.

Gavin suddenly felt foolish... Tobin's hysteria was contagious.

"Hey girls. How did it go?"
 
Chelsea smiled at Tobin as he walked in but he didn’t so much as glance at her as he went and found a seat at the table. She was used to being the one to ignore a guy, not the other way around and while it left her slightly irritated it also made her interest in Tobin go up.

"Hey girls. How did it go?"

“It was good, we got a lot done,” Eve said to Gavin as she finished setting the food on the counter. Liz and Chelsea both mumbled much less enthusiastic responses.

“Food is ready,” Eve said as she grabbed a plate.

Liz started making herself a plate with Chelsea following close behind her. As tired as they’d been when they had gotten back to the cabins they hadn’t realized how hungry they were until they eyed the food.

Liz sat down across from Xander and gave him a quick smile before starting in on her plate. Chelsea sat down next to Tobin and pressed her thigh against his.

“You’re pretty quiet tonight, Tobin,” she said, leaning in.

Eve rolled her eyes at the two and sighed inwardly at the thought of having to deal with these two flirting all summer. She was surprised that the guys hadn’t rushed the food yet and wondered if maybe they’d had a rough day. She took a few bites of food before turning towards Gavin.

“So how did it go for you guys?”
 
Tobin thought he heard Chelsea addressing him but it sounded far off and his attention was mainly elsewhere. Outside somewhere he imagined a dozen murderers had been waiting for just the right moment to strike and now everyone there was going to die horribly. He would never get the chance to publish his expose'.

He sat quietly as Gavin asked the girls how their own training had progressed.

“It was good, we got a lot done."

Eve was finishing up preparing their dinner places as the others sat down around the kitchen table. All save for Derrick who was uncharacteristically quiet.

“Food is ready," Eve announced. Again no reaction from the human stomach. Tobin had heard Xander joke about Derrick having multiple stomachs like a cow and the large counselor was always the first to descend upon food if given the chance. The change in behavior added to Tobin's unease.

While the girls got their food, the boys followed suit and all grabbed plates.

Tobin sighed in relief to himself as Derrick was among them.

Xander noticed Liz's grin as they all took seats once again, now equipped with their meals and he arced a brow, before uncomfortably looking down at his repast and poked his plate... he wasn't very hungry.

He could see Chelsea snuggle up to Tobin.

He rolled his eyes. The two of them were such a fucken cliche'. Shed toss him aside once done playing with him... just like they all fucken did.

“You’re pretty quiet tonight, Tobin."

Tobin nearly jumped out of his skin when Chelsea pushed against him. He found himself sweating and more nervous than usual in her company but attempted to play it off. He was pretty sure she had said he was being quiet but wasn't positive. If there WEREN'T murderers outside about to kill them all, he was going to be very pissed. His state of panic was no doubt ruining his chances with Chelsea.

"I'm, I'm ok," Tobin began as he managed a small smile "Its just been a long night, I'm kinda on edge."

His next smile was genuine but faded quickly as he noticed Derrick hadn't touched his food.

He leaned in a bit, his eyes fixed on the enormous jock.

"Dude... hey... Derrick."

The young man's focus was no where to be found. He simply stared into space as he twirled around his fork, creating a lazy repetitive dance upon his plate.

“So how did it go for you guys?”

Gavin, who had also noticed the overall mood at the table turned to face Eve.

"Uhm it went ok," he took a bite and continued "... were still trying to find the strong points in Tobin and Xander but well get there."

He stopped and looked around before continuing.

"We had... a bit of a scare though," he summoned his best fake laugh "it was so stupid... but it was nothing... really."

"NO..."

Derrick's voice pierced through the little chatter and the sounds of silverware in use. He was loud, clear and startling.

".... it wasn't nothing."

Xander's large brother rose from the table, his form towering over the others. He walked to a nearby window, moonlight casting his shadow on his fellow counselors.

"Somethings definitely out there. And it's already killed someone."
 
Chelsea kept her gaze on Tobin as she waited for him to respond to her but the seconds just ticked by. She was starting to wonder if he was ignoring her for some unknown reason. Finally he seemed to snap to attention and turned to her with a weak smile.

"I'm, I'm ok, its just been a long night, I'm kinda on edge."

She wondered what the fuck was up with him, he was definitely distracted and seemed more nervous than he usually was. She was used to being the center of attention, especially with guys who were into her. While she would never admit it a part of her was feeling insecure at Tobin’s lack of attention. Tobin turned his attention to Derrick and a frown formed on her face as she turned away.

Liz watched everyone as she ate, noticing how all the guys, especially Derrick, seemed unsettled and lost in their own world. She thought about asking Xander what was going on but decided not to as just the thought of talking to him made a blush spread along her cheeks. She moved her attention to Gavin’s conversation with Eve.

"Uhm it went ok, were still trying to find the strong points in Tobin and Xander but well get there."

There was a long, awkward pause before Gavin continued.

"We had... a bit of a scare though it was so stupid... but it was nothing... really."

Before Eve could even ask for him to elaborate Derrick’s voice filled the dining room.

"NO...it wasn't nothing."

Derrick got up abruptly and went to stare out one of the windows.

"Somethings definitely out there. And it's already killed someone."

Eve heard gasps from around the table and she could see fear starting on the girls’ faces. She turned to Gavin with a confused look.

“What the fuck?! Is he drunk?”

That was the only explanation Eve could come up with for what Derrick had just said. Despite the dark legends surrounding the camp it was not some killing ground. The only things to worry about up here were bears and the occasional mountain lion. The last thing she needed was Derrick scaring the new counselors into leaving days before all the kids showed up.
 
Last edited:
“What the fuck?! Is he drunk?”

Before Gavin could speak Derrick turned from the window and walked somberly up to the table, he stopped rubbing his hands as he reached the rest of the group and placed them out, palms up to expose the dried blood that was smeared across them.

Tobin's initial reaction was to recoil back, nearly falling off his seating at the table. He held onto Chelsea at the last second, so distracted that he hadn't even realized that what one of his hands was grasping was in fact one of her very large breasts. He was instantly embarrassed and a little ashamed. A part of him was panicked but a larger part of him was intrigued at where Derrick had found the blood. It was obviously not his own... he wasn't wounded. Or was he? Did he struggle with some crazy murderer while they were practicing and never tell the others? Tobin's mind raced with the possibilities for his story...

Xander stood up immediately. His concern winning over and his protectiveness for his brother finally showing.

"Dude what the fuck? You ok? Where are you hurt?" the goth fired questions not awaiting an answer.

Derrick began to explain as Gavin was just about ready to shoot off some inquiries of his own.

"When we were out there," he began "I noticed something hanging from a fucken tree branch. You guys were busy playing paddy cake or building fires or whatever the fuck you faggots where practicing..."

Derrick trailed off again looking towards the window, a paranoia seizing him. When he was confident there was nothing out there he continued...

"I walked off for a bit to see what it was... first i could tell it was red... then i could tell it was dripping... then..."

A scraping sound interrupted his tale.

It was faint at first but as they all heard it it became increasingly louder and louder. No one could tell if it was the absence of sound that made it seem so much more noticeable or if it was actually getting closer.

"...it was a fucken arm. Someone's torn fucken arm... I mean right out of its socket... the red was the god damn flesh and sinew and guts hanging from the rest of it. I thought it was a joke but i touched it dude... it wasn't a fake."

"ARE YOU FUCKEN WITH ME?!," Xander shoved the gigantic jock with nearly enough force to topple him "THIS IS BULLSHIT RIGHT? No way there was a severed human arm out there!"

"Hey... ASSHOLE, I can take you to it right now!"

Gavin got between the sibling rivalry and interjected with some logic.

"Bullshit," he said simply.

The boys all stared at him.

"Bullshit," he reiterated "if you had seen something like that you would of instantly told us, or lost your shit... no way you kept this to yourself the whole time."

Derrick turned around and walked back to the window.

"It took me a while to get a grip on this shit... so sue me, call it shock... call it i punked out, i dunno. LOOK, that's where this blood came from... something is out there... that arm wasn't like... a skeleton... it was fresh, or recently ripped off or whatever...you wanna die out here? Suit yourself man... as for me? Fuck these kids and fuck you guys.. I'm out."

Xander and Tobin had both lost their appetites, they looked to the girls. Wondering if only they seemed a bit wary of Derrick's "observation". It wouldn't be the first time he had fucked with his brother or the camp but at the same time this was his most convincing performance to date.
 
Last edited:
Chelsea watched Derrick as he walked back towards the group, he definitely looked freaked out. Still, just in the short time she’d known him she knew he was the kind of asshole who would play some sick joke just like this for a laugh. When he reached the table he pushed his hands towards them and she saw the red on them. There were murmurs and gasps from the group as they looked at his bloody hands. Tobin actually backed up from Derrick so fast he had to grab her to keep from falling. One of his hands grabbed her breast and even if she would have been irritated by it the embarrassed look on his face was enough to make her forgive his innocent mistake.

"Dude what the fuck? You ok? Where are you hurt?"

Liz jumped as Xander abruptly stood up, his chair nearly falling over. Her pulse was racing as she looked at Derrick’s hands. She had always hated scary things, horror movies, haunted houses. She just hated being scared. She didn’t care how much the job paid or that her only other options would be working at a fast food place, she was getting out of her as soon as she could.

"When we were out there I noticed something hanging from a fucken tree branch. You guys were busy playing paddy cake or building fires or whatever the fuck you faggots where practicing. I walked off for a bit to see what it was... first i could tell it was red... then i could tell it was dripping... then..."

A loud scrape sounded from somewhere outside and Eve glanced warily at the windows. The darkness outside made it impossible to see anything from inside and she tried to ignore the sound as it grew louder.

"...it was a fucken arm. Someone's torn fucken arm... I mean right out of its socket... the red was the god damn flesh and sinew and guts hanging from the rest of it. I thought it was a joke but i touched it dude... it wasn't a fake."

Xander leapt at his brother, yelling, “ARE YOU FUCKEN WITH ME?! THIS IS BULLSHIT RIGHT? No way there was a severed human arm out there!"

The two started arguing back and forth as Eve tried to digest what Derrick had just claimed. She couldn’t believe that was true, a human arm hanging from a tree? Still, Derrick seemed sincere but maybe he’d seen some part of an animal and just thought it was a human arm. She could see him not getting close enough to check and then lying about it later. Of course that didn’t explain the blood on his hands…

"Bullshit. Bullshit if you had seen something like that you would of instantly told us, or lost your shit... no way you kept this to yourself the whole time."

Chelsea tried to tell herself that what Gavin was saying was true but she couldn’t shake the feeling that something bad was happening here. Ever since Derrick had started his story she felt like someone was watching them from outside.

"It took me a while to get a grip on this shit... so sue me, call it shock... call it i punked out, i dunno. LOOK, that's where this blood came from... something is out there... that arm wasn't like... a skeleton... it was fresh, or recently ripped off or whatever...you wanna die out here? Suit yourself man... as for me? Fuck these kids and fuck you guys.. I'm out."

She hated to agree with Derrick but maybe they did need to get out of here. Of course she supposed someone had better confirm that Derrick was actually telling the truth, though this was a pretty elaborate setup for a prank. Still, she didn’t know how she was going to sleep tonight and she didn’t think she was the only one who was going to have trouble.

“Look, we’re all on edge right now but we’ll figure it out. Derrick can go show Gavin...whatever it is he saw. Or I can go with Derrick, what do you want to do, Gavin?”

Eve tried to sound calm and confident but inside she was anything but. She reassured herself that once one of them went out with Derrick they would find it was nothing but some part of animal left over from a bear or mountain lion.
 
“Look, we’re all on edge right now but we’ll figure it out. Derrick can go show Gavin...whatever it is he saw. Or I can go with Derrick, what do you want to do, Gavin?”

Eve seemed to still be attempting to assert her authority over the panick stricken teens and head cases that were this years counselors. She didn't sound extremely confident to Gavin but maybe that was only because he knew her so well.

Gavin didn't want Eve anywhere out there if there was even a chance of Tobin's story being true and there being a psycho family who lived in the forests surrounding the camp. Derrick was more than likely playing a trick on them but something about all of this was terribly unsettling.

"Not to sound sexist or anything... But just in case there IS some truth to what Derrick says he saw... I'll go check it out. You take the others to the faculty cabin, and wait for us."

For all Gavin knew this was some plan to separate Chelsea from the group, he knew the jock had his dick sights set on her and despite their little talk, he wasn't confident the big head was telling the little head what to do yet. Hell, what if he made a play for Eve? He knew she wouldn't go for it but Derrick had a... Reputation for not accepting rejection.

"Derrick I swear to god," Xander began... "If this is a fucken joke-"

"Fuck you faggot! Come WITH us if you wanna see... You may as well, cause after I show Gavin this shit, I'm taken the van and getting the fuck outta here. You hitching back or something after that."

Tobin was looking back and forth frantically as everyone shouted at one another, all the while though part of his attention was still fixated on the tapping that he had realized had not subsided but only grown very very faint. The worrisome thing was that it seemed to be something right outside... Maybe tapping on the facilities wall.

The journalist slowly walked to one of the cafeteria's window and peered out.
 
"Not to sound sexist or anything... But just in case there IS some truth to what Derrick says he saw... I'll go check it out. You take the others to the faculty cabin, and wait for us."

Normally a comment like that might’ve set Eve off but this whole situation had her too freaked out to care. The main thing was that they figure out if Derrick was telling the truth so they could figure out whether they really were all in danger.

"Derrick I swear to god, if this is a fucken joke-"

"Fuck you faggot! Come WITH us if you wanna see... You may as well, cause after I show Gavin this shit, I'm taken the van and getting the fuck outta here. You hitching back or something after that."


Liz tried to make herself calm down as she listened to the others. She couldn’t seem to get Derrick’s description of what he’d found out of her head. The thought that there might be a crazy killer outside made her sick to her stomach. What if Derrick and Xander got attacked while they were out looking for whatever Derrick saw? What if the killer tried to get into the cabin? She wished they would just all agree to leave now, Derrick and Xander could come back in the morning to look for whatever Derrick had seen. Apparently Xander and Eve thought it would be better to look now though and Liz hoped they weren’t wrong.

Chelsea silently cursed her step-mom once again for sending her to this goddamn camp. As if being stuck in the wilderness with no cell signal in run down cabins wasn’t bad enough now there might be some extra from Deliverance planning to rape, murder, and eat them…probably not even in that order. She noticed Tobin had made his way over to one of the windows and was peering out into the pitch black. She went and stood beside him but kept her eyes on him instead of the window. She didn’t want to look out and see what might be out there.

“Do you think Derrick really saw a human arm out there,” she asked in a nervous tone.

Eve took a deep breath, needing to at least appear to be calm so the new counselors didn’t get any more panicked than they already were.

“Okay guys, in just a minute I’ll take you all to the faculty cabin while Derrick takes Gavin to…whatever he saw.”

She grabbed Gavin’s arm and led him to the kitchen.

“If there really is someone dangerous out there you can’t just go unarmed. You should grab a knife or something before you go. I’ll grab one too…just in case,” she said in a low voice.
 
Back
Top