Love in Fel Times - A Warcraft Thread (Closed)

ShuhaloTemptress

Really Experienced
Joined
Mar 13, 2017
Posts
151
Character Name: Kashangani Jexx - Age 24 - Half Dragonmaw Orc / Half Darkspear Troll.

Backstory

The Orphanage. That's where I was raised. Brought up by the matron mother herself among the other children here in the Drag of the great Horde city of Orgrimmar. I was seen as a nuisance by the other orcish children. Some of the time they would never play with me. Other times, they would throw rocks at me or just avoid me when it was playtime. I spent most of my time at Matron Mother Khalye's feet, helping hold her thread as she wove it into various articles of clothing for the children. Even as the years continued and her eyesight began to weaken, her love for me never wavered even when I would fail to put the correct thread through the eye of the needle. No one ever understood why she favored me and I needed to know something. Something that would change my whole aspect on life forever.

Upon returning to the orphanage one day from my magic lesson, I was about 17, just shy of 18 - I knelt before the Matron Mother like I had always done over the years. I felt a yearning deep within me to question her. So I did.

"Matron Mother?" I hesitated, pausing for a bit even after she acknowledged me, "who were my parents and where did they go? Why did they leave me here?"

The gentle rocking of her chair stopped as she looked up from her mending to focus on my eyes. "Oh my dear sweet Kashi, what brought this up?"

I looked away shyly, my dark red locks falling about my turquoise features as I answered. "It was Professor Rundok. He was speaking to us in class about our name day and asked each of us to give our surnames. Everyone burst out laughing and one young orc pointed at me. 'She doesn't have one! She's probably going to need to be excused!' But the professor just glanced at me and shook his head, 'Even the abandoned gain a name on their coming of age day.'" I paused for a moment. "So answer me, please, Matron Mother.. I believe I am ready!"

The older orcish woman, with hair as white as glacier snowcaps, looked to me as she sat what she had been working on to the side. "Very well, Kashangani. It was a dark night, most of the shops around had been closed and a lot of the night torches had been lit, when they walked in. Your mother was so beautiful, Kashi, just like you are - except she was a Troll - dark red hair pulled back into a braid atop her head and tusks a lot longer than yours. Your father, on the other hand, he had some very rugged features for an orc - definitely some signs that he had been to battle more than once. I remember...tears in her eyes and sadness on his face. I remember her thrusting this little bundle into my arms and I pulled back the cover to see a beautiful turquoise-skinned infant, eyes as blue as cobalt ore and a red tuft on her head. 'A name for the child?' I asked, to which your mother buried her face into your father's arms, sobbing quietly. He inhaled deeply, I still remember his voice being very deep. 'Kashangani' he had spoken. I paused and wrote some more." Matron Mother Khalye paused for a moment to take a drink from the small flagon nearby before continuing. "And I asked a reason for abandonment. Your mother had to leave the hut, but I could still hear her cries outside. Your father clenched his fist. 'We're not supposed to be together, is that not enough? I fight for our Warchief and he does not believe her kind to be of the Horde. I am of the Dragonmaw Orcs, a strong clan, but she is of the Darkspear, the Trolls. Do whatever you wish but if a word breaks through to our Warchief, I will not hesitate to come back and skin you alive.'" Khalye shivered for a moment as if remembering that night brought back a fear she didn't have before. She finished with, "Your parents loved you, Kashi. But this world did not approve of their love and they died trying to protect one another on the battlefield. When your name day comes on your 18th birthday, I will be there and will help give you your name, based on the Troll tradition, to honor your sweet mother."

It has been six years since my name day and my graduation from the Magic Academy that Professor Rundok and many others ran. I am a very skilled mage and now I too have seen war, just as my father had. The Warchief that Matron Mother spoke of is long dead and the Burning Legion that everyone has been so afraid of has returned to Azeroth. But this is where we come in, enough backstory for now. There will be more time for that later..


**********

"Kashi! Kashi!" cried the little nightborne orphan running up to me in the atrium of Shal'aran.

"Yes?" I asked, kneeling before her. She placed a single starlight rose in my hair, a smile on the little one's lips before she turned around to run off to her caretaker. I pulled the rose out of my dark hair before looking it over. I smiled and waved in her direction. I had helped save these people, well - me and most everyone here. They were withering away and yet, they were saved from certain death. I turned to walk out of the sanctuary. Opening my satchel, I placed the rose inside a safe pouch and pulled out my map. Just as I was looking it over, I heard someone screaming off in the distance before four withered were thrust past me.

A burst of air blew my hair out of place and the map out of my hands into the water, I looked to where it came from and saw a Night Elf male in full demon form running at me. "Freeze!" I waved my hand in the air and a frost nova surrounded the demon hunter, freezing him in place. "You owe me a map!" I said, pushing my hair out of my face and pointing to the ruined one in the cool water of Suramar.
 
Last edited:
Séphroth Riverbend age 225 pic

It was just another day in Suramar hunting down any and all demons still left behind in the city trying to hide out as I got through my final check of a house I decided to go and hunt some withered in the nearby forests as I hunted and killed each one I decided to do a little herbing while I was taking a break as I collected some starlight seeds I heard a nearby scream as I rushed off to investigate the scream following a few whitered I brushed past a troll as I felt my body slowly turn to ice as I turned and looked at the troll saying something about her lost map I couldn't help but yell "Seriously troll." I began to eye beam the ice on my body as I pulled out my gaives as I said: "I don't owe you shit now if you will excuse me I heard a scream nearby." And with that, I flew off my wings expanding out my body going to where the noise was located as I came upon the scene I noticed a family of nightborne burnt to a crisp from felfire as I looked around I heard a noise behind me as I held up my weapon and said in a gruff tone "I know you're there make your presence known before I cut you down where you stand." As I stood there I watched someone appear out of the mist covered forest it was the troll from before as I said "Be on guard there is a foul demon around here."
 
"Seriously troll."

I glared at him, a hand on my hip as I looked at the map that was falling apart in the water as I began to steadily get angrier. The map was one thing - the calling me a troll was another. Then again, I was only half. "I'm only half troll, for your information." I watched as he began to use his eye beams to burn away the ice. "HEY!"

"I don't owe you shit now if you will excuse me I heard a scream nearby."

He jumped and zoomed away. I couldn't believe my eyes as I snapped my fingers casting blink to give chase. "Hey! You! You owe me a map! I'll even take a few gold to replace it, but you owe m---a map..." I followed him, stopping behind some brush to watch him. I looked at the fel-scorched bodies that he was kneeling before. I gasped silently before I noticed he had turned around to call me out. I stood up and stepped out.

"Be on guard there is a foul demon around here."

"Demon? I've killed many of those. I can handle anything, night elf..." I shrugged him off, moving past and ignoring his warning. Soon enough, there was a demon landing before me. The Dreadlord's wings unfurling before me as I felt a sudden chill envelope my being as his eyes peered at me.

"Heh, a halfling. Something that should have been killed long before now..." Zel'zirr spoke to me, his voice echoing to us both.
 
I rolled my eyes at the night elf comment "I have long since foregone that type of name long ago." As I watched the troll I was taken back from the Dreadlord landing on the ground in front of us as I reached for my glaives holding them in front of me as I said, "You demons should have been the first to die this world would have no see much destruction if you didn't always come on this planet thinking you owned it." I jumped forward slicing a bit of skin of the Dreadlord as I looked back at the troll "Try and this time freeze the right enemy." I slashed again and again not wanting to hold back as I felt carrion enter my nostrils I slashed away the smell as the demon got out of my view as I looked for it I screamed out "Troll he is coming for you!" As I said that I watched as he appeared behind her grabbing the back of her neck and throwing her onto the ground I jumped back as I threw both my warglaives toward the Dreadlord as they punctured his sides I heard him scream as I jumped forward grabbing the troll and moving her out of his way as he fell to the ground.
 
"Try and this time freeze the right enemy."

"You will all be annihilated before the eyes of our lord Sargeras and I will carry out his will!" cried Zel'zirr as he let forth the carrion swarm from within his core. His demonic force pushing us back as I tried to cast my frost spells. I pulled forth my staff as I heard the demon hunter call out to me.

"Troll he is coming for you!"

I turned around to see where the demon hunter had scaled off to only to feel the sudden chill and fear surround me like a forbidden cloak as the Dreadlord stood behind me, his dreadful eyes glaring at me.

"You will be killed like all those before you, halfling!!"

"I'm not a troll! I'm an orc!! And I'm not a halfling!!!" I yelled in retort to the demon hunter and the dreadlord. I gasped as the Dreadlord yanked me by my neck to the side, my body suddenly aching as if a thousand Pandaren were sitting upon my form. I watched listlessly as the demon hunter thrust his blades into the demon's sides before flying to my aid. The Dreadlord fell to his knees, howling in agony as fel blood seethed and poured from his wounds.
 
Back
Top