New Orders (closed for the_gladiator)

"Is having a roommate another punishment by your father?" he asked relaxing from his ridiculous pose. Standing up he moved towards her. "I remember that time," he said with a grin. He lifted her chin with his fingertips.

"What about that time they talked me into bartending and you were underneath the bar, doing your best to distract me from my work?" Granted there hadn't been any customers in there at the time, but the place wasn't closed, there could have been, and that had been the thrill. He watched her reactions, both to his words, and his touch.
 
His fingers tipped her chin up and she had no choice but to look in his eyes. She couldn't help it, a tiny hungry little sound escaped her lips. She hadn't been with a man since her last night with Jake.

She felt her cheeks getting pink and she felt her breath lock in her chest.

"I remember...." Her voice trailed off.
 
He nodded, "I'm glad you remember." He let his thumb stroke along her jaw line before he let his hand drop. He had heard the small sound of need and it had affected him. God he wanted her. Despite everything that had happened he wanted her. He was surprised that she wanted him after what she'd witnessed with Annabel, but maybe she had realized what had happened there now that she realized he had been under cover.

His expression sobered, "You never should have been there that night, you never should have gotten caught up in that mess. It's my fault you were and for that I'm sorry." He said softly, his eyes still meeting hers before looking away, and for a moment he was stripped of his bravado and humor.
 
Darby lowered her eyes. But she met his gaze when he told her that he was sorry. She shook her head.

"It isn't your fault. How could you know the rebellion was going to blow the place to hell?"

She knew she should tell him, but she couldn't. It would break her heart if he was angry with her, or if he didn't want their son. She couldn't tell him. Not yet.
 
"Because I did know, or I should have." He said, seemingly not realizing the ridiculousness of his statement. "I knew what they were like, I knew they couldn't be trusted. There was always the probability they would turn on us." He sighed.

His footsteps took him around the room, beginning to pace. "If you hadn't seen what you saw, you would never have been there. I should never have let myself be so sloppy with my identities." It was partially as if he had forgotten she was there, "I hurt you and that was wrong. Yeah you might be fuckin unresistable, but you deserved better." He blew out a sigh, his fists clenching and unclenching, he looked as if he were going to hit himself "Shoulda let Garret beat the shit out of me." He muttered finally.
 
"Are you still with her?" Darby asked. She could picture the beautiful woman he had been with. Glamorous and lovely and it seemed like the real thing, and it had made Darby feel so cheap.

Darby tried to keep her voice level.


"She seemed to be very much in love with you."
 
He sighed her question bringing him out of his reverie. "No I'm not." He said. He shrugged, "Wasn't meant to be. You see doc, people like me at first, or they hate me at first but that's not important. Women like me at first but eventually they get tired of me and leave, or..." he trailed off, "More than likely I do something stupid to push them away, but such is life I suppose."

He knew he should not have brought her up. "It somewhat spoiled our relationship when I told her that I pulled my other girlfriend out of a firefight after she tried to dump me for catching me fuck her. Kind of difficult to recover after that." His voice was filled with a sort of mocking humor not mocking her, but himself.
 
Darby tilted her head and looked at him with a soft expression.

"You are too hard on yourself." She laid her hand on his arm. " I asked for you when I woke up, but I didn't know you were fleet. No one told me. They didn't tell me that it was you that pulled me out."
 
He frowned a little at her words, "Why would you have asked for me?" He asked laying a hand over hers on his arm, unable to not touch her, loving the feel of her touch, and her words were kind when he didn't think he deserved it.

"Even if I'm known as Mac, my name is in fact actually Jake, so at least someone should have known who I was, but who knows. I was probably locked away in the court hearings and debriefings that went down after that. They launched a full investigation of my team and I. They took my command, though not my rank, though what is rank without a command, and dumped my ass here. It could have been worse, at least here I get to be your father's personal pain in the ass. Only thing that is worth anything here." He looked at her, "Well used to be the only thing that made this shit hole bareable." He gave her hand a soft squeeze, knowing he should let her go, but not.
 
His hand on hers made it hard to string words together.

"When they told me that I was going home on med leave, I wanted to tell you goodbye. I wanted you to know that I was okay."

Just then a nurse knocked on the door.

"Dr. Harper, your next patient is in exam room three."
 
He nodded, "I knew you were alright, from what I was able to learn, at least that you lived and were expected to make a full recovery." He didn't mention that he had erased her then from his mind, cutting the chord to her when he killed the Jake Danielson identity.

However when he'd seen her it had all come back to him, and he could no longer forget her, she seemed intent on staying in his mind this time.

He let her go at the nurse's words. "Hand to hand training this evening. If you get there early I might let you spar with me, you can try to kick my ass for getting you injured."
 
Darby laughed.

"I will be there. But I am going to kick your ass for tearing one of my favorite dresses." She said with a smirk before she slipped out of the room. Her cheeks were blushing just thinking about that night.

He had pressed her to the wall and torn her dress right off of her as he kissed her throat.
 
"You didn't seem to mind at the time." He yelled after her.

Standing he headed back to his duties. The afternoon was spent in performance reviews.

He got message a few hours later that Vice Admiral Harper wished to see him. "You rang, sir?" He said only slightly insolently as he leaned his hip on Harper's desk.

The vice Admiral was used to this by now and managed to reign in his apoplexy for the moment. "Heard you put a junior officer in sick bay today." He snarled without preamble.

"Yep, and the kid deserved it." Mac responded with no shame.

"Since when is such a thing ok. I don't care if he bitch slapped your girlfriend or fucked your mama." Mac had to fight not to laugh at how accurate the first option truly was. "I will not have my officers fighting like immature school boys."

"You gave me the job of overseeing them, sir." He said the word sir fairly sharp in tone, "I happened to think it was necessary. If you want someone else to run the training, I will happily step down."

"You know there's no one else here who can do what you can do."

"What's that sir? I can't hear you? It sort of sounded like you said you needed me."

Harper swore in a few languages before gesturing sharply for Mac to get out, "Get your insolent ass out of my sight before I ignore my own advice and put you in sick bay myself."

Mac walked off thinking that he had won a victory with athat exchange.

A half hour later found him on one of the fighting mats beginning his stretching exercises to prepare for the class to come.
 
After her shift, Darby stopped in her billet to change into her workout gear. Her roommate Myra was curled up on her bed watching a movie on her tablet. Darby smiled at her and waved.

Darby tied her hair up in a ponytail and then jogged to the gym. After the class, she was going to find a quiet corner to make a video to send to her son.

When she got to the gym there were only a few students milling around.

She heard them laughing and talking about their days, bitching about their commanding officers. It made her smile. She looked forward to having friends again.
 
There were various individuals around the room but the area with the mats and Mac, was empty of all save him. "You know when I said I wanted to take a tumble with you again, I'm not sure this is what I had in mind." He teased as he jackknifed his body and came to his feet. "I did promise you the opertunity to kick my ass though."

His smile was infectious, "There is no one around to see how badly you will lose." He teased, "Look how tiny you are, I could just throw you over my shoulder and haul you away like a cave man."
 
Darby couldn't help but laugh when Jake talked about throwing her over his shoulder.

"I am not tiny. I am... compact." She offered softly. She watched him move so powerfully. She didn't want to fight him. She wanted to be under him. She wanted his hands on her. She wanted his mouth on her skin. She wanted him.

"Hell." She muttered to herself. She stepped onto the mat and got into a defensive stance.
 
He got in close quickly, he knew his greater size would work to his advantage if he got her on the mats, then again he just wanted to feel her under him. He knew better than to underestimate her either.

"Compact everywhere but where it counts." He said in a low voice as he caught her around the waist and took them both to the floor, she currently atop him.
 
She did her best to scramble out of his hold as they hit the mat. Her fingers sought out the hand gripping her, she was sure she could peel his fingers off of her.

"You aren't compact where it counts." She whispered softly when she pressed her mouth to his ear.

She was wriggling against him, there was only their thin workout clothes between their bodies.
 
He turned his face into her neck, he would tell people it was to protect his eyes, but he nibbled her neck as he did it, letting his tongue trace her skin.

"This is a good thing." He whispered, "I'm glad you noticed." He held her tighter for a second before he started to roll, trying to get her underneath him.
 
She gasped when his mouth touched her skin.

His body pinned hers to the mat, and before she could clamp her mouth shut, a soft needy moan escaped her lips. Her back arched off the mat, pushing her breasts into his chest.

She planted her hands against his chest. She pushed as hard as could.

"Don't start what you are unwilling to finish."
 
"Oh I can finish, though I bet you will finish first, and more than once." He teased, his eyes laughing down at her.

He let her push him back after a moment of just smiling as she pushed with all her strength. He rolled away, "Wouldn't want anyone else to think you're too easy to take....in a fight." He said the pause adding so many innuendos to the statement. He hadn't wanted to move off of her, her breasts had felt way too good against his chest, his erection between her legs, but they were in public, he had to be careful. He hadn't expected his reaction to her to be that sudden or strong.
 
Her eyes met his and she smiled flirtatiously and then when his guard was down, she used her foot to sweep his legs out from underneath him. She scrambled onto him when he hit the mat.

She pressed her arm across his throat. She wasn't trying to hurt him, she was just eager for more of his touch.
 
He went down gracefully, which is to say he landed flat on his back. Before he could roll back to his feet she had landed atop him, arm across his neck. He slid his hands up her back and into her hair, grabbing a handful of the thickness and yanking her head back. Again also not to hurt her, but to pull with just the right amount of tension to teas her with the action.

"I think you cheated." He teased her.
 
His fingers tangled in her hair made her whimper. She closed her eyes and could still picture them in bed together. She found herself biting her lip.

She couldn't keep her hips still. Her nipples were hard and poking through her blue tank.

"I don't cheat." She whispered. "All is fair..."
 
He realized the bad way she could have taken the word cheated. However fortunate for him she was distracted and thinking of other things. He could feel her body tithing against him and soon his own body was reacting.

Playfully he slid a hand down to spank her . "I can play dirty too," he whispered nibbling her earlobe.
 
Back
Top