What Happens In Vegas (open)

Victoria gave him the address to her house, settling back on the seat as he told them the club and they were off. She glanced towards him with a slight frown as he took her hand and boldly ran h is fingers up and down her palm and fingers. He was awfully familiar with her, but she supposed that they had spent a wild night together even if neither of them really remembered the moment.
 
Dominic noted the frown on her face and his eyes softened ever so slightly. He dropped his hand from her and mouthed sorry a slightly smile on his face as he rubbed the back of his neck. Before either one of them could say anything or possibly save the awkward moment the taxi was slowing to a stop and they were in front of a slightly familiar neon blue sign.

“This is the club right?” The taxi caber asked turning and giving them a waft of nicotine flavored breath. Dominic winced but nodded popping the door and shoulders it open. He stepped out and shut the door leaving the taxi caber alone to not so subtly eye her until Dominic finally returned with a small backpack.

“Got my clothes” He said to her patting the bag and settling in his seat “Next address please my friend!”
 
Victoria ignored the looks that the cabby gave her as Dominic got out of the cab and retrieved his things. When he got back in, the cab took off again, heading towards her place. She didn't live that far off the strip, but it was a peaceful little neighborhood. She enjoyed her little house, free of roommates with a pool in the back. She had paid over market for it, but it suited every need that she could possibly have.

"It's right there." She said, pointing to the small blue house with a lush garden out front. "How much do we owe?"

She reached for her purse, pulling out a few 20s to help pay for the fee.
 
The cabbies eyes flickered eyeing the cab fare for a seconds before turning back to them.

"25.00" He said holding his hand out expectantly for the money.

"I got it" Dominic said fishing the last of his money out of his pocket and handing it to the man "After this I'm tapped out for cash though"

The man grunted and jerked his thumb toward the door. Dominic got the not so subtle hint and popped the door pushing it open with his arm and sliding back out into the dessert heat. He helped her out and closed the door behind him pulling her out of the way as the cabbie left.

"Jerk" Dominic murmured shaking his head and frowning "Its getting harder and harder to find a good cabbie in Vegas"

He watched the taxi leave and then turned to her. He nodded for her to lead the way falling in behind her as she moved forward.
 
"Can you blame him? He drives stupid drunks around all night. I'm sure even the happiest among us would be jaded." Victoria said as the cab drove away and she lead the way to her front door, fishing out her keys from her purse and pushing the door open.

"I guess make yourself at home. There's a shower in the guest room if you want. I'm going to take some more medication for this headache and then lounge." Victoria said turning to look at him. "And I swear to god, if you try anything, I will call the cops in a heartbeat."

She wasn't normally so vicious, but her head made her feel incredibly mean. She just wanted to curl up next to the pool, soak in some sun, and eat really bad food. Having someone else at her house didn't really fit into those plans.
 
When she threatened to call the cops on him Dominic couldn’t help but chuckle under his breath. The fire in her eyes only served to make him all the more interested. His eyes ran up and down her form once more when she turned her back biting his lip in pleasure as he set his bag down.

“I’ll get changed and join you” He said to her moving over to the guest bedroom “And don’t worry I wouldn’t dare earn your ire”

He chuckled once more and ducked inside the bedroom. He changed quickly trading in his club wear for a simple pair of blue swim shorts and a button shirt he left open. The blue pants he was wearing were tight against his frame showing off his toned hairy legs and the V of his hips.

He came out moments later making his way outside to her deck. His eyes lingered on her once more as he took her in biting his lips in pleasure before sitting down next to her.

“Feeling better?” He asked settling back and letting the sun warm his face.
 
Victoria had changed into one of her swimsuits, a simple black bikini before she had thrown her hair up into a messy bun and tossed on a pair of sunglasses. It helped her to relax as she spread out a towel on the chair, sitting back in the bright sun to catch a few more moments of sleep. All of that was rudely interrupted when he came back, asking if she felt better.

"I guess. It'll get better as the day goes on too, I suppose." She said, pulling her sunglasses down to look at him over the rims. "So, are you always this familiar with your one night stands?"
 
“I don’t have many one-night stands” He said his tone honest as he sat in the spare deck chair and stretched out.

“Your kind of the first I mean the first real one” Dominic said “I almost went home with a woman who got drunk during one of my shows when I started working but thankfully my manager pulled me aside. He told me not to be stupid and get involved with some drunk married woman who wanted to piss off her husband. Some of the best advice I have ever gotten”

He chuckled and watched the sky for a few minutes before speaking.

“I don’t know what it is about you” He admitted stretching his arms over his head “I know its probably weird of me to want to spend more time with you but the night we had well what I can remember of it was incredible. I also think your pretty cool you’ve got a bit of a fiery personality. I figure we already know were compatible sexually why not see what else there is?”
 
"We're compatible while we're drunk. It''s yet to be seen if the same can be said when we're both sober." Victoria said, pulling her glasses back into place. "Although, I do admit that you are handsome and smooth talking. We'll see if that gets you a first date."

She didn't mean to be so prickly, but she had had her heart broken so many times that it hurt to think about letting someone else in. The reason she had been at that club last night was to get over the last asshole that she had dumped. She didn't think that she would run into someone like Dominic.
 
He laughed at her comment his mind flashing as he remembered their drunken night together. She wasn’t wrong to call him out. He supposed it was very forward and weird for him to just be at her house after having a one-night stand. Then again the whole situation was weird in and of itself. It was hard to know what the protocol was.

“No worries” He said leaning back in the chair and getting comfortable “A first date is all I am asking for at least right now! I don’t think a drunken night in a club technically counts as a date”

He chuckled at that and closed his eyes letting the warm sun hit him. His tan skin glistened slightly as he sat by the pool. The sun rays made him feel better burning away the lingering effects of the hangover and leaving him with a clear head.
 
"So, what's your idea of a good first date?" Victoria asked, glancing over at him as he relaxed on his chair and seemed to enjoy the bright sunlight. "And yes, I'm totally judging you by your answer."

She was teasing, but it certainly came out much grumpier than she thought it should sound. It was part of her personality though. She was prickly, but she was also incredibly sweet when she was with her friends or trying to help someone in need.
 
“My ideal first date?” Dominic said laughing and raising an eyebrow “It’s a little different for this area”

He pushed himself up to look at her before continuing.

“A picnic or something outside of Vegas” He explained pointing at the city “I love this city but sometimes it can be over whelming. I think for an ideal first date it would be nice to get away from the hustle of the city and go somewhere we can just enjoy each other”
 
"How do you end up having a one night stand when you wax poetic about a date?" Victoria asked as she pulled off her sunglasses and looked over at him in confusion. "Seriously? Are you like the one white knight that is still left out there? And in Las Vegas of all places."

She had never been in a relationship where the man wanted to do anything vaguely romantic. It had been a lot of clubbing, going out to the strip to see the casinos, or even just staying at home. She enjoyed nights at home, but she missed and craved elements of surprise. It seemed that Dominic was willing to at least put some thought into those activities.
 
He laughed at her words even as pride bloomed in his chest. She liked it! Which meant that he wasn’t a total idiot. He never understood the people who were so obsessed with the strip. Sure he loved it in his own way but want to spend every night on it?

Sometimes he couldn’t stand it!

“If you recall the one-night stand wasn’t something I was trying to run into” Dominic said chuckling and shaking his hand “I went to the club with my friends and while I do enjoy it I don’t need it every night. I work for a major casino and hotel chain so I’m surrounded by it all the time. To me a nice night is either in with a romantic dinner or out and taking in the Nevada desert. I am part of a few nature clubs and go out almost every week to explore the surrounding area. A lot of people think the strip is all we have to offer but it couldn’t be further from the truth!”
 
"I still think you are one of the few that live in this city that feel that way." Victoria said, knowing that she felt the same way too.

Her down time consisted of taking care of her house and her garden, being a boring home body while others lived it up in the various clubs and casinos. She enjoyed it from time to time, but it wasn't the kind of life that she wanted.
 
“Probably” He said chuckling softly.

“Going to a club is fine and all I guess” He remarked though his tone suggest he wasn’t as interested “But I’m around it all the time at work! So yeah I can’t say it’s a big appeal to me”

He closed his eyes and let the sun warm his hair and face. It felt good to be out in nature detoxing his body from the events of the night before. Every so often he would open his eyes and look at her and admiring her in her suit.
After a while he spoke again.

“I’m curious” He said turning to look at her “I said my ideal first date but what’s yours?”
 
Victoria glanced over at him as he asked about her perfect first date. She was beyond confused by Dominic. He seemed to really want to make a relationship between the both of them work. She was fresh out of one and was trying her best to guard her heart from another disaster.

"I guess I've never really thought about it." She said as she looked back over the pool and contemplated what he had asked her. "I like staying at home, so something low key. Maybe dinner out and then a simple stroll. Not on the strip. I have enough of the strip for work."
 
Back
Top