X-Men: A Bright New World (OOC)

It's sad that this thread has just sort of died....

Yeah, I had high hopes for it. But figured Lach would get back with us when/if things quieted down for them and they figured out how to proceed after losing two of the characters.

Maybe we should consider leaving a post in the Seeking Players thread?

:cool:
 
That could work, we really need to get this thread going if we do want to write about X-Men in a queasy universe
 
Hey people.

Wow. I didn't mean to 'disappear' like that on everyone.

I...lost someone, irl, and that. Incapacitated my will/drive.

I'm sorry. I would like to...get some inspiration to get...this thing going again. If everyone is still out there...?
 
I posted in the recruiting threads, by the way. To maybe add to our ranks. Assuming you guys are still out there in "Remec", "DeathsKnight", and "heartofcourage". "Wolfias"?

I see "tight_n_ready" hasn't been online in a bit, though I sent her a message.

We'll see if I can snag s'more players in the mean time.

Thanks.
 
I posted in the recruiting threads, by the way. To maybe add to our ranks. Assuming you guys are still out there in "Remec", "DeathsKnight", and "heartofcourage". "Wolfias"?

I see "tight_n_ready" hasn't been online in a bit, though I sent her a message.

We'll see if I can snag s'more players in the mean time.

Thanks.

Sorry to hear you've had a rough time IRL, Lachiyous...I'm still about and still interested in continuing. Just let me know what's up.


:cool:
 
Thanks "Remec", I appreciate it. Glad to see you present "DeathsKnight"! Spoke to "heartofcourage" as well and she's here. And we picked up "feistyphoenix" -- welcome! :) She'll be playing everyone's fave Southern Belle.

I put out some other feelers which I'm waiting to hear on. Once the cast rounds out, we'll get back to it!
 
Oh please don't kill me I'm just following directions so I'm gonna post this bio here...

image_zpsd9d14ba2.jpg

Rouge
"Don't ever say you understand me..."
Real Name: Anna Marie
Age: 19
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 120 lbs
Powers: the ability to absorb the memories, abilities, personality, and outward physical characteristics of other beings through skin-to-skin contact. Such transfers lasted for 60 times longer than the contact time, with extended contact resulting in the possibility of permanent absorption. No upper limit has been determined for the number of beings she can simultaneously contain. She possesses above normal reflexes and psychic "seventh sense" that enables her to subconsciously anticipate an opponent’s moves.
Personality: Rouge is not overly fond of people. Because of her abilities she is misunderstood and prefers to keep people at arms length. She has a wry sense of humor and can't frequently seem morbid or sarcastic. She displays characteristics of someone suffering from PTSD and is perceived to be somewhat mentally unstable.
Bio: Raised by her Aunt Carrie after tragedy befell her parents, young Anna Marie ran away from home and was taken in by Mystique and Destiny (Irene Adler), whom Rogue came to regard as her surrogate parents.

Rogue's mutant power first manifested in her early teens when she kissed Cody Robbins. Her mind filled with his memories, and he fell into a permanent coma.

Eventually realizing she could never safely live among normal people, Rogue began participating in her foster mother's criminal endeavors. Though she was originally shielded from most of the others on the group by Destiny, she eventually became a more active participant within the organization.

Because of her powers she has always kept people at arms length. She typically wears clothes that cover the majority of her skin, especially gloves which she has been known to never take off.
 
Welcome aboard "NekoMata"! :) "feistyphoenix" agreed to let her play Rogue since its her fave, so no worries. Or drama mama. Or cat fights -- save that for in character! ;)

I updated both roster and location sections, reflecting the newest list of participants. Still awaiting a couple of responses from people. Also a bit of an update on my end.

Heading to PUERTO RICO early early Monday till late Friday. So I will not be able to write until I get back. Hopefully when I get back, we'll have the list of players figured out, everyone will be set. And I will start firing away new posts!

On another note....anyone seeing the new Captain America sequel exploding into theaters this weekend?? ;)
 
Heading to PUERTO RICO early early Monday till late Friday. So I will not be able to write until I get back. Hopefully when I get back, we'll have the list of players figured out, everyone will be set. And I will start firing away new posts!

Just noticed it is now early Sat...so let's all cross our fingers for some post firing, yeah? :D;)


:cool:
 
Hey all. We stayed a couple days longer, and just got back in. So I'm late back. Expect some new post(s) in the next few days though! Thanks :)
 
Well. My two Vizsla pups came back from the kennel....with the *RUNS*. Terrible messes. And my other is sick as a dog as well. So I've been caretaking more than ever. Which has kept me from here.

Hope to get to it after work today though. Thanks for everyone's patience. Also still waiting to hear back from a few -- possible -- new people as well! :)
 
Here's a character from me, hope you like him.


Name: David Bond
Alias: Hijack
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Powers/Abilities:
Vehicle Manipulation: Hijack has the ability to usurp control of vehicular mechanisms with his thoughts. All he has to do is focus his mind on said device and he can make its engines run, doors open and close, or ride through hoops by ordering it to do so. So far his upper limits haven't been discovered, to date he has shown he can jury rig an entire jumbo jet with a modest effort.

Technopathy: Hijack's ability also works on hi-tech armors and other mobile machinery.
Personality: David is a travelling sculpture, he's famous for his artworks involving war and peace, such as a sword piercing through stone but with vines of flowers growing over the sword as if it had been left there. He has a bit of a grey view of the world. While he's not one for violence does he know that it is human behaviour to act by violence. and while he won't act violently will he defend himself and others.
He loves all manners of music and has a bit of a fascination for cars of different types. While he isn't one to say that killing is right will he not hesitate to end a life if there's innocent lives being threatened or worse.
Background: Born in Tokyo was David raised by his single mother and through high school he found his talent for sculpting. Earning a degree in art he got a strong reputation for his artwork, and while he has a bit of money and enjoys a life of freedom, was it not to last forever. When he turned twenty was he on a plane that was suddenly starting to dive straight into the ocean, in his panic he prayed for the plane to land safely. And suddenly the jumbo jet shifted its altitude and with a miraculous dive slide across the ocean and managed to land on a sand bank near the harbour of Miami.
Later he quietly attempted to retry his power by asking an empty car to open its trunk, it did. It was a few weeks later that he was contacted by Xavier to join in his school to learn how to control his new abilities, he was more then willing to do so as he was afraid he'd one day say something wrong and total chaos would commence.
Appearance: 6'3" tall, tanned from a lot of visiting warm and sunny areas across the world, black short and waxed hair, bit of a stubble growing on his jawline and with a body he has trained well to keep in shape, giving him a toned body built. Across the left side of his chest is a tattoo of a wheel on fire, in tribal pattern.
Tattoo: http://us.123rf.com/450wm/pzromashk...-with-flames-gothic-black-and-red-pattern.jpg
nokolas%20saputra.jpg
 
Welcome "Drakkwall"! Added your character to the rosters in both threads :)

Just posted for Gambit as well. I have to work on a response for Rogue, and those on the other mission! Hope to crank some more out within the next few days. Also, one for our newest member.

Thanks gang. Been awhile since I wrote too. Phew...;)
 
I await your placement of my character, until then I will make silly comments in the OOC. :D
 
I'm going to try and write some tomorrow after work. I'll see what I can get done so as to free up people's characters! ;)
 
So, I'm hoping this is the correct RP!

Name: Rahne Sinclair
Age: 19
Gender: Female

Powers: Wolfsbane has the ability to transform herself into a wolf at will, while retaining her human intelligence, or into a transitional form which combines human and lupine aspects; while this ability is lycanthropy, it is not magical in nature, but a complex biological function involving the mutant X-gene. She can change into a humanoid lupine form resembling a werewolf, or become an actual red wolf. In either form, Wolfsbane has enhanced senses of hearing, sight, and smell (similar to those of a wolf's, but also superior to them); animal-like strength, agility, and reflexes; razor-sharp talons and fangs; and bestial instincts. In lupine form she can also see into the infrared and ultraviolet portions of the spectrum, thereby enabling her to perceive heat patterns and to see in the dark. In her lupine form she can also hear sounds and detect scents outside the normal human range. In her transitional form she is less agile than she is as a wolf, but stronger than she is in human form. In her transitional form she can speak, use her forepaws as hands and easily stand erect, and at least some of her senses remain superhumanly acute.

She possesses regenerative abilities which allow her to recover from injuries in a few days which would incapacitate a normal human for weeks or months.

Background:
Born in Scotland, Rahne was quickly introduced to a life of disappointment. Her mother, a prostitute who fell pregnant to an unknown father, was constantly battling to pay bills and keep herself and Rahne fed. Before she was five, they had been evicted from their apartment and would soon move into a small cottage in a rural town. Her mother finding work at a local Dairy Farm, and sticking to her old trade. Life passed by relatively well for the next five years until her mother began to show signs of abuse. Whilst Rahne was at school, her mother was raped, beaten and suffered injuries that would later claim her life. Officially it was listed as a random attack. Orphaned, she was sent into foster care, finding herself a home with a married couple from Dundee.

When she was fourteen her powers began to manifest, and shortly after she changed, she was reported missing. Her foster family officially said that she had threatened to run away often, and since there was no sign of distress no action was taken. A search was conducted, but nothing was found.

During one of the first few changes, Rahne, who at this point had a very difficult time seperating her thoughts from that of a rabid animals, killed livestock and feasted. A farmer sighted a large wolf like creature on his property, and made a report to a small local newspaper. This was the first media snippet concerning her. Spending too long in her animal form, finding surviving in the cold wilds much easier than in her human form, Rahne lost herself to the primal call of nature. She hunted, killed, and developed into quite a formidable killer.

It wasn't until she was tracked down by Dr Moira McTaggart, after her lupine form had been photographed several times that she was reintroduced to humanity, and to her human self. By then even as a human she showed an animal nature. And it took several years getting raised by the good doctor before she once again was human, who could change with control and purpose.

When she was eighteen, Moira brought her to the US, and introduced her to Charles Xavier. Without a home to return too, and with Moira unable to continue her teaching, Rahne was accepted into the Xavier Institute, it is her current home. Moira and Charles were students together at one point in time, and possibly short term lovers.
 

Attachments

  • Rahne Sinclair.jpg
    Rahne Sinclair.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
You are most correct, Miss "DormantEvil". *nods over to "DeathsKnight" See? Hehe. And thanks for joining us! Your character has been added...:)
 
Sorry gang. My weekend ended up busier than I thought. I will try and get something down for Rogue, etc tonight or tomorrow after work! :)
 
Back
Top