Dear X:

Dear Woman with the Gorgeous Scottish Accent from British Gas,

I know it's not me you wanted to get hold of, but I still wish you'd phone back. You made my knees go weak :eek:

Zade

:rose:
 
Dear Boss,

When you send me about 6 emails a day, each with a different task or project that needs to be done on top of my ordinary work load, you're pretty much wasting your time. If it were two or three, I might go the extra mile for you, but when they're coming in quick and relentless succession you can rest assured that I'll ignore every single one.

Let's keep it real, please.

Zade
 
Dear X,

Let me get this straight. You think your wife is fooling around...with another woman? I couldn't quite tell if that upset you or turned you on... :confused:

Me


Dear W,

Please, for the love of god, be at work tomorrow. I'll be two hours late and you know it and even if I wasn't I can only do so much of your job. Distro doesn't let the peons make requests of them and if anybody needs anything and you're not there, they're screwed. So come to work tomorrow.

Sincerely,
Me
 
Dear Everyone who is getting heated about the current US election,

I know that i am not involved in this election in any way, and i hope that this isn't out of turn, but i just want to express my general thoughts on the conflicts surrounding this election, here at lit.

Everyone has a right to a different opinion, whether you agree with it or not.

Fair enough, have debates over why you don't think certain policies are right for America, or why they are not.

Whilst side A doesnt like being railroaded into beleiving in what side B does, side A needs to also realise that side B doesnt want to be forced to beleive in what side A does.

AND on top of that, NO ONE has a right to say that a beleif is wrong just because they disagree with it. If someone beleives that abortion is wrong, that is up to them, that is RIGHT for them. If someone beleives that the conflict in Afghanistan and Iraq is in the best interests of the people there, then fine. We might find scientific proof that god does not exist, but who are you to take that beleif from someone?

So what if McCain is old?

So what is Obama is black and has a muslim sounding name?

SO FUCKING WHAT IF SARAH PALIN'S DAUGHTER IS PREGNANT OUT OF WEDLOCK?!

What the fuck has running the country got to do with these salient factors?

Neither of them can control these things...unless McCain finds the fountain of youth, Obama does a Michael Jackson and Sarah Palin made her daughter wear a chastity belt!!!!

OK so Obama might bring in some policies that are more advantageous to ethnic minorities...

OK so there's a possibility that McCain may become too ill to perform his job, or pass away in the middle of his term...

OK so Sarah Palin's forthcoming grandchild may go against some of her party's policies...

But for fuck sake, whether i am involved in this process or not, whether i give a shit about this process or not...i am still impressed with these people that actually get out there, run for election, run for the presidency and actually TRY to make a difference, not just bitch and moan about the state of the country or the opposition's policies. I don't see those that are seriously getting heated running for Mayor...governer...party candidate...until i see that i realy think that people should shut the fuck up with the name calling and the bitching and the arguing...Fair enough i'm sure some of you help out with the campaigning in whatever way you can- flyers, posters, rallying etc...but thats not the same, i think there's a difference in standing behind someone else's opinions and supporting them, and getting out there and having your own, getting your own message out.

I come back to my original point, everyone has a right to their own free thinking opinion (whether it is misinformed factually or not...). So, why can't you people all behave like the adults i know you all are (otherwise you wouldnt be here) and debate nicely perhaps then you might be able to change someone's opinion or make them think about their own more.

Can i also just say that this goes out to EVERYONE, regardless of the person's relationship to me, everyone...

Thank you, i think that's all i have to say...

I welcome backlashes over why its none of my business, but let me remind you all that i have a right to posting this 'letter' of opinion here...:)

Have a nice day all :)

Grace.
 
Last edited:
Enlighten me. Aside from obvious legal offences if a belief was commited to action, what beleifs can a person have that they shouldnt be allowed to have?

I think that was sarcasm hun.

--

Dear Brain.

Why. The. Fuck. Am. I. Missing. Eight. Hours. Of. My. Life.

I remember being in town at 10.30... then nothing until 5.50 and I was in SCARBOROUGH.

What the freaking hell?!
 
I think that was sarcasm hun.

--

Dear Brain.

Why. The. Fuck. Am. I. Missing. Eight. Hours. Of. My. Life.

I remember being in town at 10.30... then nothing until 5.50 and I was in SCARBOROUGH.

What the freaking hell?!

:eek:

Helen, that's scary *hugs*
I hope you're okay.

Enlighten me. Aside from obvious legal offences if a belief was commited to action, what beleifs can a person have that they shouldnt be allowed to have?
Grace, take a deep breath, hon. Please? *hugs*

I'm irritated too, and for some of the same reasons you are. She was just missing the ;) at the end of her post.
 
Dear Andy Roddick,

You got TOLD on that court.
What did you expect? That comment was all around bad form; it doesn't matter if you thought it was a joke, it blasted off the sardonic scale with gale-force winds and was completely uncalled for. I'm amazed that you can be surrounded by the examples of several truly amazing people and not learn from them at all.
It's called sportsmanship.

Djokovic more than deserves that win.

Sincerely,

Someone who writes way too many Dear X letters to tennis players who will never read them
 
Enlighten me. Aside from obvious legal offences if a belief was commited to action, what beleifs can a person have that they shouldnt be allowed to have?

You are allowed to have whatever beliefs you want to have.

By the same token:

I have EVERY right to say that a beleif is wrong just because I disagree with it.
 
You are allowed to have whatever beliefs you want to have.

By the same token:

I have EVERY right to say that a beleif is wrong just because I disagree with it.

I think there is a difference between disagreeing with a beleif and calling it wrong. A fact can be wrong, a belief on the other hand has no right or wrong.

Fair enough, you disagree with a beleif, but that doesnt mean to say it is wrong, even if you don't follow it.
 
I think there is a difference between disagreeing with a beleif and calling it wrong. A fact can be wrong, a belief on the other hand has no right or wrong.

Fair enough, you disagree with a beleif, but that doesnt mean to say it is wrong, even if you don't follow it.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

There's a big difference between disagreeing with a belief and stating that it is wrong. Disagreeing with something is an opinion. Stating it is wrong is a statement of fact.

But yeah, you do have the right to say whatever you want. Just know that with that right you must also accept the consequences that go along with it, whatever those may be.
 
A fact can be wrong, a belief on the other hand has no right or wrong.

So, I think is where we fundamentally disagree.

I do not see that there is a difference in the veracity of a belief and a fact, only in how certain we can be about that veracity.

While we can determine to a much higher degree if a fact is true or false, we can not call a fact absolutely true with absolute certainty.

And we can certainly investigate the veracity of a belief.

And you are welcome to tell me I'm wrong about this.
 
:eek:

Helen, that's scary *hugs*
I hope you're okay.

I nearly didn't leave the house this morning. If nothing else, its knocked my confidence. I also found out I emptied the bank account completely, I spent all our food money. Right now, I feel like shit, wanna hide under my duvet indefinately.
 
*hugs for JL* take care of yourself hun.

Grace I totally agree with you on the political thing, sad thing is I am a voter in this country. I think people are way too petty about the personal life of politicians as well as other things. Who gives a fly leap if someone fucked someone other than their wife or husband if they can do the job and do it right?
 
Dear family.

Despite your opinions, I have ordered the hair dye, and it wil be used before Thursday.

I'm 24. If I want to dye my hair green, I fucking well can.
 
Dear X

I'm really tired of hearing "your too stressed". I *know* I'm stressed. There's no resolution in sight.

Maybe I should just have this oncoming breakdown now and get the psychiatric admission paperwork over with.
 
I nearly didn't leave the house this morning. If nothing else, its knocked my confidence. I also found out I emptied the bank account completely, I spent all our food money. Right now, I feel like shit, wanna hide under my duvet indefinately.

Oh lord. *hugs* I really, really do hope you're okay.
 
Dear ex-fiancee:

Today I found out that, 10 months past, I'm still not ready to talk to you.

I'm not sure what you want. You said you'd like to remain friends, and at first I said I was okay with that, since turning you down would reduce your pool of actual friends to about zero, but very quickly I found out I couldn't do it. We cut off contact at that point, and we haven't much been in touch since then. The implication, I hope, was that I'm still not ready to be 'just friends' with you. (To be fair, I DID send you a couple quick questions about your current educational status; but those were business, nothing more, and I thought they sounded so.) Furthermore, you're seeing someone else. I've been floundering at dead ends for almost a year, while you, to whom I was your first everything--you, who had expressed concern that you would die an old maid--have already moved on. And if you think I'm dumb enough not to notice, or stupid enough not to have ways of finding out, or detached enough to not find that galling, you've got another think coming.

I'm not even sure what to refer to you as. We were never officially engaged, but I loved you to distraction; and, in my heart, I felt married to you already. To a certain extent, we broke up; to another, we divorced.

Are you looking for friendship? If so, I just can't offer it yet. I still feel very betrayed by the way you led me on; it will take a long time (and the presence of another girlfriend) to get over that (which, by the way, implies a multi-year wait). Sometimes, like now, I wish you had told me straight out that your faith forbade you to be serious about me; it would have saved us a great deal of trouble. (Of course, we also would never have had the 18 months we did, and I do value that time. It's too bad Life is not multiple-choice.)

Or are you looking for something else? Why did you feel the need to tell me about the fact that you've been having job interviews? You know I've long been of the opinion that you should establish financial independence and move out. Did you think this information would be important to me? Why? I'm not your boyfriend anymore, I'm not any meaningful part of your life anymore, and I never will be--by your own choice. If you manage to get out from underneath your tyrannical parents, I'll be pleased for you, because God only knows you need a place to grow and thrive and grow at least a couple ounces of self-esteem; but it doesn't affect me anymore. You decided that.

Why didn't you talk to your boyfriend about this? You know, the guy who cares about you, and tells you you're beautiful, and gives you flowers, like any good boyfriend should. The one who (under your influence) takes you dancing every Friday. The one who pops up at random times just to surprise you. The one with whom you share more of your life than anyone else. Because, y'know, I ain't him.

And frankly I was half suspecting you were going to tell me you'd either married this guy or given him your virginity regardless, which in either case would be the sound of him getting what I spent a year and a half earning. Both of those options are, of course, wildly out of character for you. Maybe I never knew you at all.

I sure don't now.

I can't have you back the way I want; I don't even want you back the way I want. And I'm not ready to deal with you in any other way. When I am, I'll contact you. Until then, go on and make something good of your life. Do good works. Be a good Christian. Be happy, on your own terms. That's what I wanted for you even before we fell in love, and what I want for you still.

Just don't involve me in it.
 
Dear X,

I am left without any comprehension of my life. To say that I am sad, heartbroken, bereft....would be understatements.

LA
 
Dear x:
Please just fuck off. Everytime I think I have got you off my mind you txt me or call me for no reason I think but to fuck with me. You call me and tell me to call you back then I do and your mad and want me to leave you alone, then you apologize and talk and i try and be strong but you break my down like you did the day we met. Then your female friend calls and tells me to leave you alone all i can think of is what the fuck it never seemed to bother you when we was all together but i guess i aint as stupid as you thought. I am going to let go for good and set all of the lines and lies you gave me told me and let them burn with those few things that i have to remind me of you.
 
Back
Top