Top Lists and Chapter. Stories

squirrelzo

Really Experienced
This has probably been asked before...

I humbly wish the Admin of this site could move chapter stories to their own Top List.

Ive found some great stories and writers on those lists. There would be SO many more if 75% wasn't taken up with Ch. 1-100 of the same damn story...any chance of that ever happening?

You could PM Laurel and suggest it -- if you haven't already. It sounds like a good idea.

This has probably been asked before...

I humbly wish the Admin of this site could move chapter stories to their own Top List.

Ive found some great stories and writers on those lists. There would be SO many more if 75% wasn't taken up with Ch. 1-100 of the same damn story...any chance of that ever happening?

First.....I agree with your point. High chapter series have big advantage. The longer a series goes the more only the core audience is following so you're getting a lot of 5's from people who like the series. First couple of chapters have people "giving it a chance" and they may or may not vote well. Get past 5 or so and the scores steadily rise.

They also have an unfair advantage in the recently resurrected monthly contests and for the same reason Chapter 10 of such and such is going to score much higher than a one shot effort.

So same old same old wins out over originality and effort.

I would not waste my time asking for a change. It has been requested multiple times to eliminate chapter series from the monthlies because at that point money is on the line and the same authors are winning with the same series.

So just changing the top lists certainly isn't going to get anywhere. Not t mention several of them-incest and Lesbian mostly-are broken and are not getting fixed anytime soon

Back