The Florida Hurricane

4est_4est_Gump

Run Forrest! RUN!
How politicized will this event become?

;)

I suggest that it will become topic number one with the press and there will be a targeted effort by the Administration at the expense of everything else and the press will have the opposite reaction to the government as they had during Katrina...

FEMA will be right motivated I suspect. :cool:

;)

I suggest that it will become topic number one with the press and there will be a targeted effort by the Administration at the expense of everything else and the press will have the opposite reaction to the government as they had during Katrina...

Some places. But government cant cope. Its a cluster fuck blooming,

After Day One maybe Day Two when they show us how bad it was and issue the clarion call to DC's intervention, they will quickly shift to non-stop coverage of the places where government is working in the perception of the press...

;) ;)

lockjaw

I notice our esteemed president has had lockjaw in reference to hurricane Matthew??:mad:

He will soon have things to say about it as he details the amount of money, material and manpower he personally is rushing to Florida.

He will be praised and it will be intimated that Hillary is the best choice in the case of future disasters, because you know, she'll also fight the glow ball warning that causes powerful hurricanes...

;)

Damn the government for actually being effective or proactive regarding a natural disaster right Cap'n? Making Bush's old "Heckuvajob" Brownie look like the incompetent moron he was appointed by. How dare Obama.. :mad:

*chuckle*

The insane clown car college is beginning to pour out of their little car...

Sean
This message is hidden because Sean is on your ignore list.

Ulaven_Demorte
This message is hidden because Ulaven_Demorte is on your ignore list.

*chuckle*

The insane clown car college is beginning to pour out of their little car...

Sean
This message is hidden because Sean is on your ignore list.

Ulaven_Demorte
This message is hidden because Ulaven_Demorte is on your ignore list.

That's right Capn, hunker down in your ignore bunker, coward. Vettebigot would be proud.

Winds of up to 40mph are expected in Orlando.
Naturally the public resorted to emptying the filling stations of fuel in a mass panic.
People are clearing supermarket shelves in a bid to have enough food and water to survive for weeks.

I've had farts that exceeded 40mph and nobody boarded up a single window.
The only real danger is in the coastal towns because of the stronger winds and storm surges.

The news is telling me that it is going to be a storm of historic proportion.

;)

If it fails, then it is because Obama did something to prevent it like signing onto Glow Ball Warning protocols without involving Congress.

:cool:

Winds of up to 40mph are expected in Orlando.
Naturally the public resorted to emptying the filling stations of fuel in a mass panic.
People are clearing supermarket shelves in a bid to have enough food and water to survive for weeks.

I've had farts that exceeded 40mph and nobody boarded up a single window.
The only real danger is in the coastal towns because of the stronger winds and storm surges.

2004, Hurricane Jeanne. I was living in Orlando, and we were told the same thing the day before. Then the storm turned and my house was hit with 130MPH sustained winds and 150mph gusts. No power for a week.

The weather service doesn't know where when or IF the storm will turn, better to be prepared and safe than sorry. It's exactly the sort of thinking your'e engaging in that gets people killed.

Last edited:
2004, Hurricane Jeanne. I was living in Orlando, and we were told the same thing the day before. Then the storm turned and my house was hit with 130MPH sustained winds and 150mph gusts. No power for a week.

The weather service doesn't know where when or IF the storm will turn, better to be prepared and safe than sorry. It's exactly the sort of thinking your'e engaging in that gets people killed.

If you had damage in Jeanne it was probably because Charlie set it up.

A pictorial guide to hurricane damage:
Hurricanes_zpscwzjafsd.jpg

Last edited:
True, I left that hell in 2005.
But being without utilities for almost a month in hell was terribly trying.

Welcome to my world...

;)

We have several times had to live without power for extended times, but have learned to be well-prepared for it.

The news is telling me that it is going to be a storm of historic proportion.

;)

If it fails, then it is because Obama did something to prevent it like signing onto Glow Ball Warning protocols without involving Congress.

:cool:

That's not the news, that's your political party telling you that and they have been for the past few days.

Gov__Scott_gives_Tuesday_afternoon_updat_0_47344601_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Welcome to my world...

;)

We have several times had to live without power for extended times, but have learned to be well-prepared for it.

The life of an itinerant truck unloader, with its seasonal gaps in employment resulting in electricity periodically disconnected for non-payment, is a tough life indeed.

Back