Wedding Pool?

Lancecastor

Lit's Most Beloved Poster
Wings says she got married, but that one doesn't count.... The alleged groom doesnt post here.

What about LTR and chipbutt?

You know what they say about long engagements...

Wings counts. She found the one and made it happen. I respect that and wish them both a lifetime of happiness.

I had dinner with LTR and Sean. It was disgusting. Kissy face and hand holding just like prom night. I think they got it on in the backseat of my rental car.

Fucking disgusting.

Wings counts. She found the one and made it happen. I respect that and wish them both a lifetime of happiness.

I had dinner with LTR and Sean. It was disgusting. Kissy face and hand holding just like prom night. I think they got it on in the backseat of my rental car.

Fucking disgusting.

Fucking animals.

Fucking disgusting.

Did he stain the booster seat?

A friend's ex is getting married in two weeks time and my friend said that not only is she going, but that she's going to wear a bridal gown.

It will be the wedding of the year and I can't wait!!

Best-Man-Knocks-The-Priest-Bride-Over-The-Pool-In-Priceless-Wedding-Video.gif

I'm not sure about weddings. But I divorced Petey and another. I still haven't received any alimony.
Congrats on the nuptials and future nuptials!

Still no dates set for the LTR-Satan and Harry-Butt unions?

Immigration issues?

I don't know if it's because I was raised a motherless latchkey kid in a blue-collar household or I was dropped on my head one too many times as a baby or I'm actually an alien sent to live among y'all or a combination of these, but - in regards to most regular female social mores and customs I am totally a total aberrant weirdo. I have never fantasized about wearing a wedding dress, and the idea of planning a wedding fills me with dread and horror. I am a complete ignoramus on all things ceremonial (weddings, funerals, engagements, and how to properly dress/cook for/make conversation at these events), home decorating, child raising, scrapbooking, etc. So I occasionally find myself being a part of conversations on subjects about which I have absolutely no clue.

Like earlier this week I ended up talking to these two women - wives of two banking dudes who were friends of friends of friends, probably ten years my senior. The kind of women who guys in banking would want as wives - prim yet flashy, the kind who hold the right fork and know when to wear white and who use vacation as a verb. I have no idea how I ended up sitting with them. I wish I knew so I could avoid this happening in the future.

But anyhow... apparently Lady 1 was planning her daughter's wedding. And she's droning on, and Lady 2 was dropping in appropriate responsive noises and comments and so on, and I had on a "listening" face while I spaced out - until Lady 1 suddenly leaned forward, reached across the table, touched my forearm and all wide-eyed, "-I opened the box and the corsages were lavender! On yellow dresses! Can you imagine!?" emphasizing each word with a expensively-ringed-talon-squeeze.

She's staring at me expectantly, but I was a total blank until I heard Lady 2 exclaim, "Wow."

So I parroted, "Wow." Then added, "Just wow!" .

Lady 1 nodded but didn't let go of my arm - for about an hour. Maybe two. I dunno, a very long time - so I figured something else was needed. I decided to double-down on my non-specific yet emotive responses, so I rolled my eyes and slowly shook my head while sighing, "Absolutely amazing."

"Exactly!" She let go of my arm. It's just us three girls silently shaking our heads and sighing - me trying to look as clueful as possible. Lady 2 said something about her wedding, and the conversation changed to other things beyond my knowledge/interest, and I made sure to nod frequently and knowingly.

But you know, I still have no idea if the corsage/dress thing was a fantastic/wonderful achievement or an awful faux pas or whatthefuck. And it would be one thing if this were an isolated incident, but it's really not.

When I was younger I wished that some chick-in-the-know would let me peek at her copy of How To Be a Proper Female, but I'm not sure I care anymore. At this point, it almost sounds like more of a pain in the ass to learn all that shit than it would be to continue on faking it.

So be warned - I know absolutely nothing about weddings, except that people get married and there's a big cake.

I don't know if it's because I was raised a motherless latchkey kid in a blue-collar household or I was dropped on my head one too many times as a baby or I'm actually an alien sent to live among y'all or a combination of these, but - in regards to most regular female social mores and customs I am totally a total aberrant weirdo. I have never fantasized about wearing a wedding dress, and the idea of planning a wedding fills me with dread and horror. I am a complete ignoramus on all things ceremonial (weddings, funerals, engagements, and how to properly dress/cook for/make conversation at these events), home decorating, child raising, scrapbooking, etc. So I occasionally find myself being a part of conversations on subjects about which I have absolutely no clue.

Like earlier this week I ended up talking to these two women - wives of two banking dudes who were friends of friends of friends, probably ten years my senior. The kind of women who guys in banking would want as wives - prim yet flashy, the kind who hold the right fork and know when to wear white and who use vacation as a verb. I have no idea how I ended up sitting with them. I wish I knew so I could avoid this happening in the future.

But anyhow... apparently Lady 1 was planning her daughter's wedding. And she's droning on, and Lady 2 was dropping in appropriate responsive noises and comments and so on, and I had on a "listening" face while I spaced out - until Lady 1 suddenly leaned forward, reached across the table, touched my forearm and all wide-eyed, "-I opened the box and the corsages were lavender! On yellow dresses! Can you imagine!?" emphasizing each word with a expensively-ringed-talon-squeeze.

She's staring at me expectantly, but I was a total blank until I heard Lady 2 exclaim, "Wow."

So I parroted, "Wow." Then added, "Just wow!" .

Lady 1 nodded but didn't let go of my arm - for about an hour. Maybe two. I dunno, a very long time - so I figured something else was needed. I decided to double-down on my non-specific yet emotive responses, so I rolled my eyes and slowly shook my head while sighing, "Absolutely amazing."

"Exactly!" She let go of my arm. It's just us three girls silently shaking our heads and sighing - me trying to look as clueful as possible. Lady 2 said something about her wedding, and the conversation changed to other things beyond my knowledge/interest, and I made sure to nod frequently and knowingly.

But you know, I still have no idea if the corsage/dress thing was a fantastic/wonderful achievement or an awful faux pas or whatthefuck. And it would be one thing if this were an isolated incident, but it's really not.

When I was younger I wished that some chick-in-the-know would let me peek at her copy of How To Be a Proper Female, but I'm not sure I care anymore. At this point, it almost sounds like more of a pain in the ass to learn all that shit than it would be to continue on faking it.

So be warned - I know absolutely nothing about weddings, except that people get married and there's a big cake.
that sounds horrendous... especially that betaloned arm-grab n squeeze :eek:

don't ever change, laurel, all that stuff is bull; nothing to do with love, everything to do with making an impression. :rolleyes:

:rose:

Before our ceremony I was taking pictures and I had gotten my dress really quite dirty from an awkward pose on a cement bench thing my awesome friend/photographer put me in. I just shrugged it off, I knew no one was going to look that closely at my dress and I truly didn't care. My mom, on the other hand, had a holy fit. Fast forward to me standing in the wine room trying to not roll my eyes as my mom is frantically scrubbing at this dusty dirt mark on my dress. She got it off but I still wasn't much for caring.

After the ceremony we had pictures out in the park and I was climbing all over the waterfall behind us and we were laying on the grass, goofing off all over the place. My dress is trashed and I didn't give a shit, still don't.

I'll get it dry cleaned so I can sell it but damn, I wasn't there for the dress.

Back