Oswald didn't target Kennedy?

OldJourno

Literotica Guru
Read an essay today about the assassination. The author lays out a compelling argument that Texas Gov. John Connally was the real target, that LH Oswald admired Kennedy.
As I recall, the bullet that wounded Connally first passed through Kennedy, so I guess the president was the victim of poor marksmanship. Especially that second shot.
Is this news to just me?

I've heard that theory before. Regarding Connally being Secretary of the Navy and not changing Oswald's discharge status.

I've heard that theory before. Regarding Connally being Secretary of the Navy and not changing Oswald's discharge status.

Yeah, that's a lot of it. Oswald made his bed and didn't want to sleep in it.

A Gov's security detail is no where near what the president would bring with him. You could pick off a gov. getting into his car at night without having to make those low probability shots under those conditions.

A Gov's security detail is no where near what the president would bring with him. You could pick off a gov. getting into his car at night without having to make those low probability shots under those conditions.

Good point, and certainly one the author of the essay didn't address. In fact, the essay didn't offer any doubts to the author's conclusion.

If he was trying to shoot Connally, he should have said so when asked by reporters:

Reporters: "Did you shoot the President?"
Oswald should have said, "My bad, I was shooting at that sumbitch Connally."

If he was trying to shoot Connally, he should have said so when asked by reporters:

Reporters: "Did you shoot the President?"
Oswald should have said, "My bad, I was shooting at that sumbitch Connally."

President? I thought it was the Shriners Parade.

He tried to emigrate to the Soviet Union in the middle of the Cold War. Did Oswald really expect his discharge status wouldn't reflect this?

That would seem to be a major flaw in the theory. Besides, if you wanted to kill the governor of Texas and (presumably) not be discovered, would you drive a few hours down the road to Austin, or wait till he's in a motorcade going past the building where you work?

Read an essay today about the assassination. The author lays out a compelling argument that Texas Gov. John Connally was the real target, that LH Oswald admired Kennedy.
As I recall, the bullet that wounded Connally first passed through Kennedy, so I guess the president was the victim of poor marksmanship. Especially that second shot.
Is this news to just me?

Any idiot that believes that has to believe that Oswald, whose third shot traveled the farthest at just over 88 yards, MISSED TWO EARLIER shots at Connally at far closer distances and hit Kennedy instead. All this with a high-powered rifle that FBI tests proved was accurate to within a few inches at 100 yards handled by a former Marine who had qualified as both a marksman and sharpshooter.

In fact, while the closer-in shots might have been marginally more difficult because of the target moving from Oswald's left to right, the third shot was virtually directly in line with Oswald's aim and at a shallower angle. It was literally a piece of cake.

Of all the nutty ideas surrounding the JFK assassination, the idea that Kennedy was struck TWICE, both times ACCIDENTALLY, is right up there with the fantasy that the body was stolen between Andrews and Bethesda for the purpose of surgically concealing a frontal wound fired from the grassy knoll.

Don't get me started on that bullshit.

Any idiot that believes that has to believe that Oswald, whose third shot traveled the farthest at just over 88 yards, MISSED TWO EARLIER shots at Connally at far closer distances and hit Kennedy instead. All this with a high-powered rifle that FBI tests proved was accurate to within a few inches at 100 yards handled by a former Marine who had qualified as both a marksman and sharpshooter.

In fact, while the closer-in shots might have been marginally more difficult because of the target moving from Oswald's left to right, the third shot was virtually directly in line with Oswald's aim and at a shallower angle. It was literally a piece of cake.

Of all the nutty ideas surrounding the JFK assassination, the idea that Kennedy was struck TWICE, both times ACCIDENTALLY, is right up there with the fantasy that the body was stolen between Andrews and Bethesda for the purpose of surgically concealing a frontal wound fired from the grassy knoll.

Don't get me started on that bullshit.

Lol. Excellent critique.

This theory sounds nuts, it sounds something dreamed up after the author probably watched the show/movie "Shooter"

This is all Epileptic Trees in my opinion.

Sure, the target was another guy and Oswald admired Kennedy. He just happened to pull the trigger at the exact same moment when Kennedy's head was in the scope. He couldn't choose a better moment.

Back